LW GOAT top 5

Conor 1-1 at LW in the UFC.

Definite LW GOAT resume.
I'm counting all his fights. And not just the names of the opponents and the numbers, but the skills and styles shown when they fought them.

that list ... lol

giphy.gif

I'm out.
You wouldn't have been able to find a way in if you tried, gif boy.

Your troll is too obvious. If your thread made more than 3 pages I'll take my hat off.
I'm not trolling, this is what I believe. And I'm more prepared to defend my belief than others. I predict some running.

I think his list is more based on who can beat who, not on just accomplishments alone.
Spot on.

It is based on accomplishments, in that fighters' accomplishments are how we can measure who can beat whom. But like you say, it isn't a ranking based on just on accomplishments alone like most people do.

2007/2008 BJ Penn beats everyone, except Ferguson.
The sport was different back then. If you're saying "if BJ came up in the game today", then I think you have a strong argument though.

IMO Cerrone is too stuck in the mud almost. Stiff as a board. Been snapped in half too many times.
I'm assuming we are basing this on accomplishments and career, no? Is this a head-to-head type thing? Like who was the most gifted and capable at their best?

If that, then:
1. Ferguson
2. Penn
3. Khabib
4. Bendo
5. Pettis

Serious list. 1. Penn 2 Khabib 3 Henderson. 4. Gomi. 5 Ferguson.

I'm assuming we are basing this on accomplishments and career, no? Is this a head-to-head type thing? Like who was the most gifted and capable at their best?

If that, then:
1. Ferguson
2. Penn
3. Khabib
4. Bendo
5. Pettis
Sort of, yeah. But also skills and styles that we think they have, based on those accomplishments and careers. So I judge hypothetical matchups as well as just matchups that have happened. Which you sort of have to do anyway if you're doing GOAT rankings, as how can else you compare Jens Pulver with Khabib?

Than how is Conor ahead of Khabib ?
Based on how they do against other fighters too. It's close. But Conor starches people early. I think he does better against the likes of Tony, Eddie, Justin, Dustin than Khabib does. Whereas Khabib does better against the likes of Diaz and Pettis. And of course, Khabib beat Conor, which counts for a lot. But Conor pips him based on how he does against the rest of the division. Khabib has lots of decisions, as well as grindey fights like the Tibau one, which he arguably lost.

I think his list is more based on who can beat who, not on just accomplishments alone.
Oh okay, that explains why Conor is ranked above Khabib.

Wait

Wtf a 2011 account thinks Conor is the GOAT at 155 and Poirier and Gaethje are top 5? Poirier and Gaethje and way below Cerrone imo, they're also obviously below guys like Edgar.

Back