LW division, wtf?

Yeah he should be build and win some fights, like guys like Felder who have earned their Spot. Hernandez rn is even close to title contention and is by no means more legit than the guys you named.
The UFC cant make rankings based on people who potentially have the skillset to beat the recent champ.
I would agree with everything you said except that last point. Rankings, aren't based on skillsets etc, like you said but they aren't based on merit either. For example why is pettis still top ten? Why is fucking conor still top 10 (held up a division for a year, attacked bus, gifted shitle tot, smeshed, sat out for a whole year, ducks fights left right and centre, still top 5). Unless you actually take initiative and shake things up nothing will change. But one hundred percent hernandez is neither a contender yet nor more legit than the other three gentlemen, not even close, he got smeshed by cerrone. But he belongs in that group, he's a great prospect and you cannot take that away from him.

Not if you watch Lee run through Massaranduba then watch Hernandez lose to him (imo). Other than the flash KO of Dariush I don't think Hernandez has done anything that would otherwise justify being a ranked fighter.
But look bruh, like mma math doesn't work. Robbie lawler beat rory who destroyed tyron who ruined lawler. It simply doesn't work that way. Just because lee destroyed Trinaldo, doesn't mean hernandez is inferior for "losing" to him.

Does his wrestling suck? Does his striking suck? Does he have bad cardio? Is he physically weak? He's not excellent or even great. . Yet. But he's a motherfucker of a prospect.
{<huh}

He doesn't suck, but compared to Khabib or the other elite LWs, he sucks. I would favor everyone in the top 15 over Hernandez.

If you are a 'motherfucker of a prospect', you don't lose to 41-year old Trinaldo. I doubt Alex will reach top 5, let alone get a title shot.

I can't believe there are people that think Gaethje beats Khabib.

But yeah, matchmaking is trash. Ranked guys only fight other ranked guys close to them. No more #5 vs #15 or ranked guys defending their spot against an unranked guy on a winstreak. Rarely happens.

I think what people are saying is not that they think he'll beat Khabib but he brings a fight and a test for Khabib which is the kind of things we need and where Justin is at the moment because of his wrestling background he has it'll be an interesting fight with an angle where he could really challenge Khabib.

That's not to say he would beat him, Khabib could quite possibly make him look like every other opponent but Khabib tends to get his opponents down quick and once they do they become tired very fast and then easier to take down and we know how the fight is going where as if Khabib has trouble getting Gaethje down because of his wrestling background and TD defence we could see something different here.

I think that's what people mean, well from my perspective anyway this is why it should happen because Gaethje could challenge this and we could see a different Khabib.

Honestly if Gillespie was up there or Askren or Maia were in this weight class among the top then that would be amazing and if Khabib dominates them too, well fair play to him he's the best without doubt.

I'm sure you get what I mean :)

{<huh}

He doesn't suck, but compared to Khabib or the other elite LWs, he sucks. I would favor everyone in the top 15 over Hernandez.

If you are a 'motherfucker of a prospect', you don't lose to 41-year old Trinaldo.
Aight man. If that's how you see it then that's cool I guess. I, on the other hand see potential and a few losses and wins (mailings) in his future. But whatever agree to disagree.

But look bruh, like mma math doesn't work. Robbie lawler beat rory who destroyed tyron who ruined lawler. It simply doesn't work that way. Just because lee destroyed Trinaldo, doesn't mean hernandez is inferior for "losing" to him.

Other than cardio I don't see where Hernandez is superior to Lee.

I think what people are saying is not that they think he'll beat Khabib but he brings a fight and a test for Khabib which is the kind of things we need and where Justin is at the moment because of his wrestling background he has it'll be an interesting fight with an angle where he could really challenge Khabib.

That's not to say he would beat him, Khabib could quite possibly make him look like every other opponent but Khabib tends to get his opponents down quick and once they do they become tired very fast and then easier to take down and we know how the fight is going where as if Khabib has trouble getting Gaethje down because of his wrestling background and TD defence we could see something different here.

I think that's what people mean, well from my perspective anyway this is why it should happen because Gaethje could challenge this and we could see a different Khabib.

Honestly if Gillespie was up there or Askren or Maia were in this weight class among the top then that would be amazing and if Khabib dominates them too, well fair play to him he's the best without doubt.

I'm sure you get what I mean :)
Well this guy gets it, clearly. Not saying he loses these fights but that he won't "smesh" them as easily as the others. Gaethje khabib, even if he chokes him out caves his face in within a round... You'll probably see something similar to lawler askren before the finish. Something crazy and brutal. And you know us sherdoggers, we love our violence.

The four guys, apart from Tony and Justin, whom I can see beating or challenging khabib legitimately (arman with experience, Gillespie, oliveira and hernandez)
Hernandez? Did you watch his last two fights?

He got his shit pushed in by cerrone, and won a robbery against Trinaldo.

CDF and Leo Santos are more interesting fights for Khabib than Arman/Oliveira/Hernandez.

Other than cardio I don't see where Hernandez is superior to Lee.
Hernandez? Did you watch his last two fights?

He got his shit pushed in by cerrone, and won a robbery against Trinaldo.

CDF and Leo Santos are more interesting fights for Khabib than Arman/Oliveira/Hernandez.
Can't say I've watched santos fight before. Does he at least have a good gas tank? And who's cdf by the way? Genuinely don't know, would like to look him up. But the whole point of this thread is lw is not stacked. Apart from Tony or gaethje we might never see khabib get tested because these grapples sre being buried. Whether it's Gillespie, hernandez oliveira, santos as you say or whoever, as long as it's not more of the same.

Can't say I've watched santos fight before. Does he at least have a good gas tank? And who's cdf by the way? Genuinely don't know, would like to look him up. But the whole point of this thread is lw is not stacked. Apart from Tony or gaethje we might never see khabib get tested because these grapples sre being buried. Whether it's Gillespie, hernandez oliveira, santos as you say or whoever, as long as it's not more of the same.

Carlos Diego Ferreira who just beat Taisumov last week

Carlos Diego Ferreira who just beat Taisumov last week
Ah nice another bad motherfucker to follow. I'll look him up. But yeah man with prospects and fighters like this in LW, there's no excuse for the constant "move up to WW" demands. All it takes is good match making.

I can't believe there are people that think Gaethje beats Khabib.

But yeah, matchmaking is trash. Ranked guys only fight other ranked guys close to them. No more #5 vs #15 or ranked guys defending their spot against an unranked guy on a winstreak. Rarely happens.

I don't understand how Barboza was so highly ranked for so long when he loses to every top guy who pressures him.

Decent striking ☒
Great wrestling ☒
Cardio ☒ ☒ ☒
Explosiveness ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ not saying he wins. But he does muuuuuuuch better than conor in my opinion.

Conor is way better than Hernandez. Hernandez isn't that explosive either. Conor is way more explosive. Khabib will actually strike with Hernandez in round 1.

Back