LW division without Khabib

The reason why is because Poirier was chasing money fights and Gaethje really had a poor showing in his fight with Khabib. Chandler/Oliveira was the logical fight to make of the available options. I think it was a bitch move on Dustin’s part to turn the shot down though. Kind of hope he never wins the real belt now

Dana knew Poirier would turn the fight. If Dana offered the same amount for both fights Dustin would have taken Oliveira over Conor.
The offer of Dana is fake.

Khabib struggled mightily to make 155, resulting in missing weight multiple times. He looked like death at his most recent weigh-in. He retired because he simply couldn't continue to make 155. He didn't want to go back to 170, even though that was his weight class prior to coming to the UFC. Fighting at 170 in the UFC presented too big of a risk of losing, so he killed himself to try to make 155. Then he retired once it became clear that the death cut was becoming essentially impossible. Missing weight as champion would have been very damaging to his legacy because the title gets stripped.

8d84023c-15d0-11eb-9ff1-f14650b70f66_image_hires_063359.jpg

He ran threw 3 ranked pound for pound fighters with the right weight.
It's irrelevant if Cejudo weights 250 pounds outside camp. The only thing that matters is the weight at weigh in.

Khabib struggled mightily to make 155, resulting in missing weight multiple times. He looked like death at his most recent weigh-in. He retired because he simply couldn't continue to make 155. He didn't want to go back to 170, even though that was his weight class prior to coming to the UFC. Fighting at 170 in the UFC presented too big of a risk of losing, so he killed himself to try to make 155. Then he retired once it became clear that the death cut was becoming essentially impossible. Missing weight as champion would have been very damaging to his legacy because the title gets stripped.

He only fought at 170 in Russia because MMA at the time was barely existent there, there was not a lot to do and you had to take whatever was given to you.

you have to jump on the @Ackmed hype train now and hope Islam gets e few good wins under his belt in the span of a year or so.
I think he can do it, if he stays active enough. Besides Charles, Dustin, Justin and Chandler I dont see many people giving him a tough fight.

Makhachev is already the champ. Oliveira knows this.
Islam is so good that the athletic commission will forbid it to let top 5 fighters fight him.

What is so disappointing is that we had to wait such a long time to see him realize his potential and become Champion only to see him walk away after just 3 defenses in 2 1/2 years. His dominance as champ came in his climb to the top and not his time there. I have no doubt that he would've been able to beat the guys left that he had not already beaten on the way up. And the guys from 3 - 10 tend to beat each other more than he would have to fight them. But for me, he walked away pretty early. I would have loved to have seen him stick around for a bit longer and be the dominant champion that he obviously would be if he were still fighting now.

With Dustin and Conor not as options, who should have been in the title fight instead?

Charles Oliveira was clearly the top candidate. You could make an argument that it should been Gaethje instead of Chandler, but that was hardly clear. You're whinging about nothing.

Also Oliveira and Chandler are both bad matchups for Khabib.

Oliveira has won against Lee and Ferguson. He fought against washed up fighters for a title fight.

Oh you didn't got Khabibis answer to Oliveira.

Khabib: " well im happy you didn't got the shot when i was champion, i will never come back as long you have the gold. Alahuakhbar"

Oliveira: " Habibi I want to dedicate this victory to you.'.
When Oliveira was sitting on the table and talking to Dana. 'Thank you for honoring the wish of Khabib to retire. I love you Dana.'

He has the most fans.
He smashed everybody brotha.
Oliveira sent Khabib a message. He said thank you for retiring. 'without your retirement I would never have been a Champion in this division.'

I really enjoyed watching Khabib fights but I find it fascinating how an adult human being can be so obsessed about someone.
That is super creepy, you're giving off serious Mark David Chapman vibes.
IERVND7NHBBNEOPEOLEBF4WXZ4.jpg

I really enjoyed watching Khabib fights but I find it fascinating how an adult human being can be so obsessed about someone.
That is super creepy, you're giving off serious Mark David Chapman vibes.
IERVND7NHBBNEOPEOLEBF4WXZ4.jpg

The 'adult' argument can be used for everything.
'An adult' posting on sherdog.

I'm not that happy at all. The LW division is happy that Khabib retired.

Ok buds.

Oliveira has won against Lee and Ferguson. He fought against washed up fighters for a title fight.
Complete your post and tell me who's a better candidate.

You of course also only mentioned some negatives. Some positives: Big win streak, mostly finishes, most subs in UFC history, exciting fighter.

Reactions: HHJ
Complete your post and tell me who's a better candidate.

You of course also only mentioned some negatives. Some positives: Big win streak, mostly finishes, most subs in UFC history, exciting fighter.

Only Gaethje and Poirier were more suited candidates.
Oliveira is a great fighter. I confirm all his skills.

With Dustin and Conor not as options, who should have been in the title fight instead?

Charles Oliveira was clearly the top candidate. You could make an argument that it should been Gaethje instead of Chandler, but that was hardly clear. You're whinging about nothing.

Also Oliveira and Chandler are both bad matchups for Khabib.

No they aren't.....a guy thats been smashed to pieces on the floor multiple times or a guy who got taken down with ease by a BJJ guy.

Khabib subs/TKO's both within 5 mins.

it's more interesting without Khabib the dude fought once a year, now these guys that are top contenders will fight much more and the belt will change hands a lot

Let's be real. The only reason why this title fight happened is because both guys never fought Khabib. The UFC didn't want a Champion who's humiliated by Khabib.
Oliveira is a great fighter but not champion material. Chandler is a one trick midget pony. 'Faitherweight knock you out.'
Khabib was right about retiring. 'these guys not on my level. This is different level brotha.'

Back