LW Champ Eddie Alvarez: McGregor can't fight for s**t.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
"I don't know him personally, but thank God he's good at talking because he can't fight for shit, Look, in this sport - the good thing about the UFC and MMA in general is a lot of it's based on perception. They're very good at tweaking this perception. If I can put the right guy with the right mouthpiece in front of the right opponents, we can build a champion, but he doesn't really have to beat the best guys; we just have to give him the right match-ups. This is what this guy's been given. Any real fighter, anybody who knows the sport of MMA, sees the style match-ups that he picks and understands this guy is not putting himself in any danger. He's not fighting anyone who he feels he can lose to.

"Diaz is a great style matchup for him. The reason he originally picked Diaz is he believed that was a great style matchup for him because Diaz only punches, he don't kick, he don't take down - he does everything Conor wants to do. Conor wants to box. He don't want to be involved in the sport of MMA."

"This is what happens. You win a world title, you beat the best guys in the world, and a lot of these fans are kind of misconstrued about who are the best fighters in the world. They think that because guys are the most popular that means they're the best fighters. So I'll beat a bunch of good guys and then I'll get a ton of fans come up to me and go, 'Do you think you can beat Conor McGregor?' And I'm like, 'Oh my God. You guys are disillusioned.' They think because this man's popular he's good. And neither one of them have anything to do with each other."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/9...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Ooooh look another fighter after that red panty night.

Also he aint just popular but a damn champion at FW by beating the greatest FW in 13 seconds. We know what you're doing Alvarez. <mma3>

Last edited:
as much as i hate mcgregor fans, saying that fighting someone like Jose fucking Aldo is an easy fight with little danger is ridiculous, disagree with Eddie about conor having easy matchups.

He's like a Woodley jr.

Of course Eddie would like to fight Conor instead of Khabib.

Alvarez makes solid points. What Conor didn't bank on was that Nate's chin is as good as it is, that's what he and Dana were counting on.

v9Mlqw.gif

Alvarez could one and done. Why so salty

as much as i hate mcgregor fans, saying that fighting someone like Jose fucking Aldo is an easy fight with little danger is ridiculous, disagree with Eddie about conor having easy matchups.

Agreed. Add to that the Chad Mendes matchup (a very good wrestler). That one doesn't seem tailor made for Conor.

I hate to defend Conor here but while he's had some favourable matchmaking he's also made legit guys look like chumps.

Alvarez talking out of school IMO.

I think Alvarez is talking out of his ass here and Conor is definitely legit, but Alvarez would beat Conor's ass on his worse day.

By the way...... #YoureStillMyBoy
Eddie has sloppy boxing technique while Conor is the king of capitalizing on wide open opponents...

Alvarez exaggerates a lot to trash talk Conor but he obviously wants the money a matchup with Conor would bring him. Still, he's pretty accurate in what he's saying about matchups and the most famous names not necessarily being the best fighters. Fans buy in to it all the time and it's why so many prefer watching circus fights like Lesnar/Hunt and DC/Silva and Bisping/Hendo over the best fighting the best.

Conor has proven himself as a very good fighter (at least at FW) but he definitely got preferred matchups along the way. Plus i've always thought he and the UFC hand picked Diaz because they wanted the biggest name available who wasn't training to pad Conor's record. Surprise, motherfuckers!

Eddie has sloppy boxing technique while Conor is the king of capitalizing on wide open opponents...
You think all there is to MMA is boxing? Yuh think Eddie would use only boxing? There's no such thing as a clinch now? And suddenly Conor has a good clinch and ground game? Nah brah.

Back