LV hotel GM allegedly fired for tweet telling Mayweather "to learn how to tip like Dana White"

I'm delivering for uber eats, not just for the money but to take a break from all the non-stop drama of dealing with customers on a closer basis. So, it's not a total loss for me, I'm getting a reprieve from the drama and also the hard labor which is getting harder as I get older. So, i do'n't reallly feel too much enmity about how the people are, it's still surprising though how ungrateful some of them are. Rude, entitled, oblivous to how much traffic i might have had to go through to get them their stupid food. Ya, won't be doing it long at all and I still have my regular customers who do always tip, feed me, pay well etc.., etc.., God will look out for me, and hopefully for you too.
Only pieces of shit don't tip. Shove your meal up your ass and have a nice day in hell you piece of garbage if you don't tip.

I used to rely soley on delivery to make a living when I had a terrible back injury and couldnt work a solid job but also couldnt let myself starve. My car was all I had at one point. I hobbled up peoples steps in obvious pain and they would just grab the pizza, sign and not tip, and not even respond when I said good evening and have a nice meal. Cant even say a word or acknowledge a kind greeting. Yeah, you're an asshole.

Never again will I ever do that work as anything but a 2nd job. Worked many areas and towns doing delivery on the side since, I enjoy the extra cash but it still gets to me sometimes. People say and think the dumbest shit to get out of tipping. I had one guy tell me recently my tip was to get a better job. I had time to tell him I was a was a welder for a steel forgery making 40/hr, and I only worked my Friday, Sat, and Sunday nights doing delivery because making more money was better than pissing money away sitting on my ass eating a delivered pizza on a Saturday night. He just looked at me, comprehending.

That's my personal vehicle. It brought you your food. That's not a free service. You think my time is free now that I don't need this job? I'll put your address in my notes, and delay your dinner every time if you feel oppressed by the concept of a fucking tip. Now I have a great job, and can be as bitter and vindictive with the delivery game as I want. When I see shitbags address again I always grab deliveries in the opposite direction, and take those first. Pretty much wont bring the food until my boss calls me and tells me the customer has called complaining once or twice. Take it out of the bag, let it get cold on the way too.

Tip or go to hell.

Only pieces of shit don't tip. Shove your meal up your ass and have a nice day in hell you piece of garbage if you don't tip.

I used to rely soley on delivery to make a living when I had a terrible back injury and couldnt work a solid job but also couldnt let myself starve. My car was all I had at one point. I hobbled up peoples steps in obvious pain and they would just grab the pizza, sign and not tip, and not even respond when I said good evening and have a nice meal. Cant even say a word or acknowledge a kind greeting. Yeah, you're an asshole.

Never again will I ever do that work as anything but a 2nd job. Worked many areas and towns doing delivery on the side since, I enjoy the extra cash but it still gets to me sometimes. People say and think the dumbest shit to get out of tipping. I had one guy tell me recently my tip was to get a better job. I had time to tell him I was a was a welder for a steel forgery making 40/hr, and I only worked my Friday, Sat, and Sunday nights doing delivery because making more money was better than pissing money away sitting on my ass eating a delivered pizza on a Saturday night. He just looked at me, comprehending.

That's my personal vehicle. It brought you your food. That's not a free service. You think my time is free now that I don't need this job? I'll put your address in my notes, and delay your dinner every time if you feel oppressed by the concept of a fucking tip. Now I have a great job, and can be as bitter and vindictive with the delivery game as I want. When I see shitbags address again I always grab deliveries in the opposite direction, and take those first. Pretty much wont bring the food until my boss calls me and tells me the customer has called complaining once or twice. Take it out of the bag, let it get cold on the way too.

Tip or go to hell.

Obviously your time isn't free.....but isn't that the company's job?

I never tip the pizza places I go to because i actually know for a fact how much those workers make (as i worked in one of them). Thankfully they get paid very well by the business owners (note that I NEVER go to big chain pizza places. Fuck that noise).

When I am out dining, I pretty much always tip something unless something happens out of the ordinary. I'll likely even tip you more if you give better service. However I am also not gonna necessarily think you're a piece of shit for not tipping. As cynical as it sounds, if the worker honestly feels they aren't making enough or wants more money, they CAN quit and find another job like everyone else. I would do the exact same if my job wasn't paying me what I needed to get by. That's MY responsibility.

Bottom line, the companies should pay workers a livable wage and fucking get rid of this stupid tipping culture.

Yeah... that's called not letting your emotions dictate how you act; and it's a sign of having at least a modicum of virtue (which is more than can be said for many). What are you implying? That it's a sign of weakness to not vent your emotions at any and all places simply because "I feel like doing that"? And if you're not saying that.... then what are you saying?

Oh you nailed it there, Moz.... his tipping a caddy in my story was meant to exemplify the traits of a "hero".
damn dude, you're acting wierd here, kinda like this guy i knew from highschool who got wierd on me on fb, he was in the service so I guessed maybe he went nuts or something, but you???? I don't know. I'm not saying anything deep or mysterious, famous people have a hard time with fame for the most part, it has killed a lot of people, it isn't easy dealing with all that attention. One man I knew who had been around famous people put it most succinctly "it either makes people really nice or really mean" Walter never let how he was feeling affect how he acted in public, that's not easy. Ali once derided the other stars of his day for acting like they were hotshit when he "I'm bigger than they are and I don't act that way" was almost always friendly to a fault. Not easy. And when I say "hero" and "champion" of course i'm speaking of more than him tipping your buddy, I'm telling you what i know about him and what I know about champions, he was one of them. now, back to tipping, you should tip if it's the custom, that simple. You're an asshole if you don't.

Obviously your time isn't free.....but isn't that the company's job?

I never tip the pizza places I go to because i actually know for a fact how much those workers make (as i worked in one of them). Thankfully they get paid very well by the business owners (note that I NEVER go to big chain pizza places. Fuck that noise).

When I am out dining, I pretty much always tip something unless something happens out of the ordinary. I'll likely even tip you more if you give better service. However I am also not gonna necessarily think you're a piece of shit for not tipping. As cynical as it sounds, if the worker honestly feels they aren't making enough or wants more money, they CAN quit and find another job like everyone else. I would do the exact same if my job wasn't paying me what I needed to get by. That's MY responsibility.

Bottom line, the companies should pay workers a livable wage and fucking get rid of this stupid tipping culture.
recently, here in seattle, 15 dollar minimum wage was made mandatory, goddamn, all the whining from all the business owners and all the people who think like you, "if you want better pay get a better job" just assholes, i'm sorry but they are. People are also delusional, everyone thinks they earn what they got, the laziest fucks i've known have also been some of the richest. Sometimes they inherited money or a business, didn't have to do anything. Anyway, many of the seattle business' tried to say they couldn't stay in business if they had to pay 15p/hr, which, for me, is hard to believe because one thing i've learned working off the grid is that the common person will usually pay me way more than I ask and with my logic, i just think if the average person can pay triple or more what i ask to help them move or what have you, these business owners can afford 15p/hr and if they can't, maybe they shouldn't be in business.

Sorry I'm an asshole if I don't agree. <{hughesimpress}>
I guess i'll put it this way, if you know it's expected, you know it's the custom and you don't do it while you come in and use the service, that's just a jerk move. If I don't feel like tipping, or rather, just don't feel like being fussed over, i'll just go to a burger king or something. When you know something is expected, has been like that before you were born and you still rebel against it, i don't get that. Just like going into a business, you know you are expected to buy something, not just come in and squat, but we even had some jackasses come into a starbucks recently and think it was ok not to buy anything, people have some ridiculous entitlement issues, that's what ran me out of customer service permanently.

I guess i'll put it this way, if you know it's expected, you know it's the custom and you don't do it while you come in and use the service, that's just a jerk move. If I don't feel like tipping, or rather, just don't feel like being fussed over, i'll just go to a burger king or something. When you know something is expected, has been like that before you were born and you still rebel against it, i don't get that. Just like going into a business, you know you are expected to buy something, not just come in and squat, but we even had some jackasses come into a starbucks recently and think it was ok not to buy anything, people have some ridiculous entitlement issues, that's what ran me out of customer service permanently.

What about not tipping because you don't like the way you were treated by the server? I ask because I was on holiday in the states and we went to a Dennys near LAX. The waitress was borderline rude and slow. So we decided not to tip her. Her face if looks could kill when she realised we weren't tipping. BUT I don't get why she had that attitude. If her service was good or even ok we would have tipped. I don't think she deserved a tip for her poor service.

What about not tipping because you don't like the way you were treated by the server? I ask because I was on holiday in the states and we went to a Dennys near LAX. The waitress was borderline rude and slow. So we decided not to tip her. Her face if looks could kill when she realised we weren't tipping. BUT I don't get why she had that attitude. If her service was good or even ok we would have tipped. I don't think she deserved a tip for her poor service.
well, in that case of course, why would you tip? I've been in that situation but not too often. Usually, I can tell if the place is fucked up in the first few moments in a place, i just walk the fuck out. It's a fact that the that industry, the restaurant industry has the most drug and alcohol abuse issues amongst workers. I used to work in a bar, worked in the kitchen, most of the waiters and bartenders were about the lowest of the low, always trying to con you somehow. So, i know it does happen, hell, if people can't even do a simple job like that right they are truly fucked, that's why I love it when i see mexicans at a restaurant, i know they'll do their jobs, not think they are too good for it and will have some semblance of professionalism. But, ya, i've seen some fucked up waitresses. It's like any job on the bottom, mechanics are usually pretty fucked up too, any industry where they are tolerated they'll go to. It's really up to the manager at that point and if they don't give a fuck, just leave. I do. Still, i have to say, it's not a big deal to give a five dollar bill to someone on a 10 dollar meal, doesn't hurt me a bit and i do it because i want to most of the time.

i seem to remember Dana White and the Palms having a falling out a few years ago over White having something like a 500k unpaid tab. not sure of the exact details, but that led to a falling out between the ufc and the palms

500k? jesus, how do some people get away with that, i'd be a convicted felon if i tried that. I knew a kid from HS who became a lawyer, for some reason he stole some half mill from a real estate deal and got disbarred, makes you wonder what the fuck goes on in people's heads huh? a lot of it is poverty issues I think, the kid I knew was poor, the only white kid I knew from the projects section in my part of the city, very smart but i guess that poverty screwed him up somehow.

1. LOL @ Dana getting this guy fired for tagging him in a tweet.

2. LOL @ Dana throwing piles of money at everybody but the people who actually work for him.

What a fucking asshole.

Last time I ate out at a (outside of my favorite sushi place) I took my dad out after the UFC Calgary fights and we received the worst service. Long wait, some guy and his family came in about 20 mins after we did and got their food before we did. Wrong food brought to us, etc.

I paid with debit and could not fight the option for 0% tip - tipped 1$ and that was more than that fool deserved.

You provide good service I'll tip accordingly. You provide horrible service then expect little to nothing.

you wanna see rude, take some black buddies to a restaurant, i remember i took my best friends whole family to a chinese restaurant, they thought we weren't gonna pay at all, the dude with the chef hat came out and was talking shit in chinese. it was kinda funny though, one of my buddies kids is nicknamed "dink" so, i unthinkingly said "hey dink" the waitress turned around and thought i was talking to her. we laughed our asses off over than one.

you wanna see rude, take some black buddies to a restaurant, i remember i took my best friends whole family to a chinese restaurant, they thought we weren't gonna pay at all, the dude with the chef hat came out and was talking shit in chinese.

Something similar happened to me about a month ago. My wife and I were meeting friends for drinks, and they were going to be a little late. We decided to go ahead and sit and order, and we were greeted warmly. The waitress came over, very polite and took our orders. No problem. Our friends showed up, and her attitude did a 180. She didn't greet them when they arrived, she acted irritated when they asked questions about items on the menu (asking for recommendations and such) and stopped asking us if we wanted anything else - she'd just pick up our glasses and we'd have to stop her before she walked away to ask if we could order another round. Normally I'd just chalk this kind of behavior up to bad work ethic, but I don't think she developed a bad work ethic in a matter of minutes.

When we left, I left her a pretty small tip percentage wise. I wanted to talk to her about it directly so she understood why, but I didn't want to embarrass my friends. So I left with them but then walked back once we got to our cars. She swore up and down that I must have been mistaken. She probably doesn't even realize that she turned on a dime like that. Maybe she had bad experiences in the past and just carried that over to be prejudiced. Usually I'm pretty generous, so it's unfortunate that things went that way.

edit: dude is a Mayweather fan, though. Maybe that's what she was judging.

Something similar happened to me about a month ago. My wife and I were meeting friends for drinks, and they were going to be a little late. We decided to go ahead and sit and order, and we were greeted warmly. The waitress came over, very polite and took our orders. No problem. Our friends showed up, and her attitude did a 180. She didn't greet them when they arrived, she acted irritated when they asked questions about items on the menu (asking for recommendations and such) and stopped asking us if we wanted anything else - she'd just pick up our glasses and we'd have to stop her before she walked away to ask if we could order another round. Normally I'd just chalk this kind of behavior up to bad work ethic, but I don't think she developed a bad work ethic in a matter of minutes.

When we left, I left her a pretty small tip percentage wise. I wanted to talk to her about it directly so she understood why, but I didn't want to embarrass my friends. So I left with them but then walked back once we got to our cars. She swore up and down that I must have been mistaken. She probably doesn't even realize that she turned on a dime like that. Maybe she had bad experiences in the past and just carried that over to be prejudiced. Usually I'm pretty generous, so it's unfortunate that things went that way.

edit: dude is a Mayweather fan, though. Maybe that's what she was judging.

funny thing though, for all the talk of how sensitive black folks are, anytime that's happened when I was around, my friends don't seem bothered by it.

Back