Luxury cars getting destroyed by American trucks

The average buyer of a bigass luxury sedan doesnt know or care about handling or gas mileage either. The "smoothness of ride" is the one major disadvantage of a truck but its advantages overcome it.

I don't really think the truck has many, if any tangible advantages. It's main purpose and advantage, i.e. being a truck, is no longer being utilized by most drivers of these cars. Much like a luxury SUV no longer has "sport utility".

A luxury sedan knows exactly what it is and does it well.

Trucks are slower, heavier, less agile, and less efficient yet people everywhere love em. Theyre basically Americans with wheels ;)

I like too many different vehicles, I'll take a nice truck or sedan. I'm not a fan of big ghetto wheels or giant lift kits though. Those people all have small packages so they have to do something I suppose.

I stay with my brand. I don't think a luxury 4 by 4 would do the trick.
31224d1295500304-aftermarket-front-bumper-saved-my-pickup-ditch-1.jpg

532462d1278095742-big-dumb-loads-post-your-pics-skidder.jpg

images
Woah, how much weight can that truck pull?

Have a RWD ATS-V for the Summer, and an Edge Sport for when it snows. Out here in the cornbelt, everybody has a truck to commute. Buying gasoline has to be killing them.

Would still not buy a truck.

Hatchback or wagon for life

I drive a car but after last winter I really realized how much you need a vehicle that can handle winter - and trucks (for me) are much better than an suv since you can transport larger items if need be.
If winter driving is your need then a truck might not be ideal. They are typically worse than cars due to weight distribution, as far as I know.

I mean,you can load the bed up with weight if you want to help it but that just forces an already bad mileage vehicle to be much worse.
Maybe some one will correct me though about this new generation of trucks as I am mainly speaking historically.

So no one answered me why the heck anyone would want a truck as a luxury vehicle. Not fun to drive, not fun to park, and you're not using it for its most useful and traditional purposes (towing, driving through rugged terrain, handyman vehicle).

If winter driving is your need then a truck might not be ideal. They are typically worse than cars due to weight distribution, as far as I know.

I mean,you can load the bed up with weight if you want to help it but that just forces an already bad mileage vehicle to be much worse.
Maybe some one will correct me though about this new generation of trucks as I am mainly speaking historically.

From what I've seen here in the rockie mountains; as soon as you deviate into deeper snow a 4x4 with offroad tires and clearance will start to dominate about the same time the yuppy in the fancy awd luxury gets high centered and cucked by the onstar girl in front of his whole family.

So no one answered me why the heck anyone would want a truck as a luxury vehicle. Not fun to drive, not fun to park, and you're not using it for its most useful and traditional purposes (towing, driving through rugged terrain, handyman vehicle).
The three most important components to a luxury car are
  • Size - the dimensions of modern trucks both inside and out are cavernous. No one will ever feel cramped inside and the seats are even wider and more comfortable than a luxury sedan's.
  • Features - Luxury trucks (and the SUV's based on them) have all the amenities and tech you would expect in a Mercedes or Lexus.
  • Prestige - this is what really changed. The new breed of luxury trucks now command prestige among the wealthy. They used to be shunned in rich suburbs as toys for the working class but now they are embraced and welcome. Much of it is because yuppies are going through a "rugged individualist" revival and want to portray the image of the wilderness adventurer they pretend to be when hiking or biking.

The three most important components to a luxury car are
  • Size - the dimensions of modern trucks both inside and out are cavernous. No one will ever feel cramped inside and the seats are even wider and more comfortable than a luxury sedan's.
  • Features - Luxury trucks (and the SUV's based on them) have all the amenities and tech you would expect in a Mercedes or Lexus.
  • Prestige - this is what really changed. The new breed of luxury trucks now command prestige among the wealthy. They used to be shunned in rich suburbs as toys for the working class but now they are embraced and welcome. Much of it is because yuppies are going through a "rugged individualist" revival and want to portray the image of the wilderness adventurer they pretend to be when hiking or biking.

I'll address your points one at a time:

1. Size: this isn't really an improvement, except over small sedans. Also you're wasting a huge amount of space on non-passenger cargo.

2. Features: ok cool. They added luxury amenities to trucks . Still doesn't answer my question.

3. Prestige: Pretty lame reason. So yuppies are pretending to be "rugged" but not actually making use of a vehicle that would make it easier to be rugged. Basically you're saying that only pretenders would buy this vehicle.

So in conclusion, no one except an insecure yuppie pretending to be a wilderness adventurer should have a need for a luxury pickup. And even then, this whole idea of pickups being luxurious seems to have skipped my region. When I see a pickup, I still assume the owner is blue collar and handy with tools. Got a pickup? You're the friend I'm calling to help me move or the stranger I'm flagging down to help me restart my car.

Don't those trucks have terrible crash test ratings or is my info out of date?

From what I've seen here in the rockie mountains; as soon as you deviate into deeper snow a 4x4 with offroad tires and clearance will start to dominate about the same time the yuppy in the fancy awd luxury gets high centered and cucked by the onstar girl in front of his whole family.
You lost me.

Are you saying one of these luxury 4X4 pickup trucks out performs a good AWD SUV in deeper snow? If yes, is that with or without trying to balance the pickup with weight in the back?

Back