Lutador Americano Gi Review

b0b

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
After looking around, I decided to get the Lutador Americano Gi, in blue. It can be found here:
http://www.mkimonos.com/fonsizweav85.html

I wanted something in blue or black, that was light weight, but strong, so I went looking for a Gold Weave. I found great reviews about previous mkimono gis, so I decided to go with the new generation, the Lutador Americano.

It is made out of a good, solid piece of fabric. I didn't want a vertical back seam, and this one does not have one.

I ordered on Friday afternoon, and received it on Wednesday afternoon, with 3 day shipping. Not bad at all. I wish they would have given me a tracking number, but it came fast, nonetheless.

When I ordered, I put in the comments section that I wasn't sure which size I needed, but that I ordered the A3.

This is the response I got (on the box)

box.jpg

This first thing that caught my eye when I opened the box was the color. It is a very dark, almost purple blue. I liked it alot.

open.jpg

The stitching and quality on it is great. The embroidery is also top notch.

This is on the back of the gi, at the bottom.

back.jpg

The pants are made out of a weird material. It feels like a stronger, stiffer rashguard material. Very different than the almost denim like HCK that I have.

Complaints:

I am 6' and 200lbs. The sizing chart says an A3 fits from 5'9" to 6'1". The lacket is really long. It comes down pretty low on me. The sleeves fit great. The pants are a little big around the waist for me, but they fit fine with the drawstring pulled.

I will give a more thorough review after I have had time to roll in it. It comes pre-shrunk, but I will try to shrink it a little more to fix better.

Wow that's b0b, I had heard alot about these Gi's lately and he no info about them at all. Thanks for the review and I look foward to hearing more about it after you get to roll in it.

told you bro.. a2 to the grave!
The patch on the neck is tight isnt it?

Whoa.. that gold embroidery on the ass looks super gay. Nice gi though but my god that shit is so bright.

The embroidery on the tail is a little bright. Oh well, I don't mind.

The gi did shrink up nicely. Also, the front of the gi is longer than in the back, a little strange to me.

yeah we need to send Lu a signed petition to get rid of that homo embroidery.

I wish she posted here so I can tell her how gay it looks my god man. Sometimes it's best not to let females design gi's. I prefer the old embroidery with nothing more than the little M and you're done. Too much flashyness and girly stuff... well I'm exaggerating but still, get rid of that gheyness.

Edit: What's her email address btw? She never responded to my last one.

Back