Luque vs Wonderboy - Can we have a little discussion on this fight?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by The 90's Rulez, Oct 9, 2019.

1. The 90's Rulez

The 90's Rulez Killer Cub Platinum Member

As we know Wonderboy is coming in on the back of his first KO loss with Pettis so depending on how that's affected him be it knocking his confidence or giving him that fire to come back this could be a very interesting fight.

Vicente is no joke either, I mean we know Mike Perry is a brawler and was really giving it to Luque in that last fight however we saw what Luque did to Perry's nose which could obviously be concerning to Wonderboy considering his last loss was a second round KO it could be something that affects him.

So how do you see this fight going? I'd love to hear what you guys think :)

2. Bushido Kai

Bushido Kai I'm going to beat you into a living death

I don't really see the KO loss changing Wonderboy's mentality much. He seemed to easily accept that he got caught and I just think he's on another level than most fighters psychologically.

That being said, Vicente is dangerous and shows a lot of promise. However, his best win by FAR is Perry, who is not even remotely close to the level of competition that Wonderboy has fought and defeated. I think Wonderboy does his thing and picks him apart with his laser striking, but who knows with this sport

ChumpyKiwi, pv3Hpv3p and Guy LeDouche like this.
  3. Guy LeDouche

Guy LeDouche Purple Belt

Luque is on the comeup with some good striking and serviceable groundgame. Wonderboy is coming off a bad KO to Pettis.

Luque would do well to chew up Wonderboys legs when outside and do his best to crowd WB as much as he can if he goes forward.
    However,
    I think WB May just be a little too long and rangey for Luque. I also think the last loss may enable him to fight safer and even more defensively.
    I’ll take Wonderboy by lackluster decision.

4. MartinGibson86

MartinGibson86 Brown Belt

2 best WW'S on the card

Herwald likes this.
  5. Herwald

Herwald Purple Belt

It's my numero uno fight on that card. I can't wait. Luque is like skill mixed with Just Bleed. But Wonderboy usually fucks up everyone who charges him, so it should be a fun one. Unless... unless of course it's a T-Wood/Wonderboy, Till/Wonderboy, Masvidal/Wonderboy rerun with mostly just staring a.k.a. chess match.

6. pv3Hpv3p

pv3Hpv3p Brown Belt

Luque's an excellent pressure fighter and WB is an excellent counter striker...

It's an awesome matchup and I got my fingers crossed for Luque to win, but it's a little tailor-made for Thompson to land that massive counter

I really like Luque to go from prospect to contender on this one, but WB seems like a nightmare matchup on paper

7. ChumpyKiwi

ChumpyKiwi Purple Belt

Wonderboy 30-27... I hope

8. The 90's Rulez

The 90's Rulez Killer Cub Platinum Member

I'm looking forward to the fight because as others have mentioned it's kind of a significant part in their career, the whole card that night is absolutely stacked with fights that are not only great fights but have a lot of meaning too.

9. legkicktko

legkicktko Only the Strong Survive

Terrible matchup for Luque.

I am rooting for him, but will be surprised if he doesn't lose a UD.