Luque vs Diaz needs to happen

Even if Nate wanted to shop around where is he gonna go? ONE? Bellator? ONE probably won't even sign him anyway and Bellator there are no big money fights for him there even if Coker did want to pony up the money for Nate, which I can't see him not doing.

Showtime to box Jake Paul and make millions. If Jake/Tyron did 500k buys a Jake/Nate fight does 500 to a million and he'll get a big piece of it. He'd probably make more for that boxing match than he made for the Conor fights or if not that he'd def make more than he's getting fighting Luque or Edwards in UFC.

And doing that maybe he also can fight in Bellator since its a SHowtime org, split his time between the two sports.

Sure, the UFC is contractually obligated to offer Nate a fight, but it won't be a fight Nate wants and won't be for what he expects to get paid, unless he agrees to sign a new deal.

The UFC *definitely* wants to keep him under contract...the Conor trilogy alone is motivation, as that will always be a lucrative option for everyone involved no matter what happens in the meantime.

If Nate won't sign a new deal, then the UFC will likely offer him shitty matchups against low profile opponents, in a non-headlining fight, and only for his base salary.

'Oh, you want to fight out your contact? Chiesa or Belal...pick one'.

The ufc HAS TO offer Nate Diaz a fight within a certain period of time, otherwise the contract becomes void.

They can't just keep Nate on the sideline until he succumbs into signing a new contract. Ali can be stupid as shit at times. I really don't know how he keeps this job. He's just basically really good at kissing ass...

That was the fight to make tho, there is history between the two, years of trash talk (Masvidal / Edward), they hate each other and that's the fight hardcore (and I'd venture to say even some casuals) want to see. Yet it took months and months to get this fight traction, now they're fighting because well there is no better fight that'd get them to the belt. Mas made it clear he want the quickest path to the belt, and Edward's TS is overdue, but still uncertain.

So yeah, Masvidal never wanted to fight Edward before his loss to Usman, now he's back in line and Edward is his shortcut. Imagine if Diaz somehow won against Edward, lol Masvidal would've entered the cage WWE style and start campaigning for the rematch that same night. My point was that Mas and Nate are divas and they're not "I'll fight anyone anytime" gangsters like they portrait.

Edit: btw I'm not talking about fighter pay and such, yes UFC are greedy bastards and if fighters can they should total get more money. But Nate and Masvidal, both "baddest mother fuckers", sure like to cherrypick opponents..

I'm responding to "Nate won't fight X and he'll take forever" which is demonstrably untrue.

He fought Edwards when quite literally no one was willing to fight him, let alone guys with name value. To your point, Masvidal went far out of his way to avoid him.

Nate has been calling for and booking the toughest fights available and showing up. Anyone saying otherwise are full of shit, history speaks for itself here.

They literally have to offer Nate some kind of fight. Otherwise they break the conditions of the contract. And if Nate really wants to be a free agent. He will accept any fight they offer him. If they want to lock him up, they have to make an offer he can’t refuse.

The UFC doesn’t really have any leverage here.
True. So maybe they'll try to find a really juicy match-up that could pull in a lot of dough.

I wonder who could fit that bill?

Nate fight every other year. So this is nothing new.

I'm responding to "Nate won't fight X and he'll take forever" which is demonstrably untrue.

He fought Edwards when quite literally no one was willing to fight him, let alone guys with name value. To your point, Masvidal went far out of his way to avoid him.

Nate has been calling for and booking the toughest fights available and showing up. Anyone saying otherwise are full of shit, history speaks for itself here.
My bad I thought you were referring to Masvidal now accepting the Edward fight. Yes Nate fought Edward when he could've asked for Conor a 4th time or Masvidal rematch for the BMF belt. Yeah this time he showed up. But to put it in perspective, Nate disappeared for 3 years after he lost the Conor rematch, 3 years. To come back to fight Pettis. Than disappeared for 1y 7months to finally reappear to fight No.3 WW Edward. That's Dana privilege right there. I call that picking is opponent, cause he would've called Mas or Usman if they didn't already fought. Just my opinion. He's a gangster inside the cage, don't get me wrong, but he sure act like a diva outside. I mean where is he? If he wanted to fight he would already have a fight booked, no?

Nate's luster has worn off. He won't engage. Complain about a decision. Call out better fighters. No interest in a fighter I can't see winning a big fight.

My bad I thought you were referring to Masvidal now accepting the Edward fight. Yes Nate fought Edward when he could've asked for Conor a 4th time or Masvidal rematch for the BMF belt.

He called out Masvidal after he MURDER KO'D both Till and Askren and was looking like a world beater. He then called out the #1 contender at welterweight who NOBODY was willing to fight, especially the ranked guys.

Yeah this time he showed up. But to put it in perspective, Nate disappeared for 3 years after he lost the Conor rematch, 3 years.

It appears you are not aware Nate was embroiled in a lawsuit with his former management immediately after the Conor rematch.

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id...r-agency-dismissed-lack-personal-jurisdiction

He was sidelined for nearly two years because of it. Since they were claiming rights to his management fees and a percentage of his earnings, he wasn't able to continue fighting until it moved through the courts.

To come back to fight Pettis. Than disappeared for 1y 7months to finally reappear to fight No.3 WW Edward.

He fought Pettis because he was coming off a spectacular KO win over top ranked Wonderboy.

You are also somehow skipping over the Masvidal fight, which happened next. Just look this stuff up if you aren't straight on it.

I call that picking is opponent, cause he would've called Mas or Usman if they didn't already fought.

Pettis was likely the highest profile welterweight fight he could get coming off two years of inactivity and a majority loss. If you think this stuff through its not very complicated. He then used that win, to call out a more dangerous opponent in Masvidal.

There is ZERO possibility he could have fought Usman after two years of inactivity and a majority loss. That is so absurd it shouldn't need to be said - I know you are saying this stuff in a good spirit, its just not really in line with reality.

Even if Nate wanted to shop around where is he gonna go? ONE? Bellator? ONE probably won't even sign him anyway and Bellator there are no big money fights for him there even if Coker did want to pony up the money for Nate, which I can't see him not doing.
Honestly, probably to triller.

It's simple, they aren't scheduling him for a fight until after Conor vs Dustin fight and if Conor loses to Dustin. It'll be Conor's and Nate's last fight on their contract and it'll be the biggest money fight Conor, Nate, and the UFC can do under those circumstances. Wasting Nate's final fight on his contract with anything else is foolish. Nate knows the big pay day is with Conor as his final fight. He will wait it out like he has in the past.
The Conor vs Dustin fight?! That ship has sailed...

He called out Masvidal after he MURDER KO'D both Till and Askren and was looking like a world beater. He then called out the #1 contender at welterweight who NOBODY was willing to fight, especially the ranked guys.

It appears you are not aware Nate was embroiled in a lawsuit with his former management immediately after the Conor rematch.

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id...r-agency-dismissed-lack-personal-jurisdiction

He was sidelined for nearly two years because of it. Since they were claiming rights to his management fees and a percentage of his earnings, he wasn't able to continue fighting until it moved through the courts.

He fought Pettis because he was coming off a spectacular KO win over top ranked Wonderboy.

You are also somehow skipping over the Masvidal fight, which happened next. Just look this stuff up if you aren't straight on it.

Pettis was likely the highest profile welterweight fight he could get coming off two years of inactivity and a majority loss. If you think this stuff through its not very complicated. He then used that win, to call out a more dangerous opponent in Masvidal.

There is ZERO possibility he could have fought Usman after two years of inactivity and a majority loss. That is so absurd it shouldn't need to be said - I know you are saying this stuff in a good spirit, its just not really in line with reality.
It seems I totally forgot about Nate legal stuff and Masvidal vs Pettis, I don't even remember that fight, I'll give you that. I'm at the job and can't put more thoughts in this. I still think both are divas but we might disagree on that. Cheers

The Conor vs Dustin fight?! That ship has sailed...
No it's still intriguing and will be the fight made once Conor heals. They want Dustin to win the belt and have the Conor fight with the belt on the line. Nate just got told not to sign a new contract from his advisor and Conor responded to him with some trash talk. So the fight with Conor vs Diaz is being saved, they will either do that first before the Dustin fight, or see if Conor loses to Dustin and do that fight last. Either way I'm sure Nate has been advised to wait it out and see how things play out with Conor before agreeing to his last fight. Which is the smartest thing to do, so it's a good thing he has an advisor.

5-6 since 2012. Averaging one fight a year the last 3 years.

Personally, could care less if they resign him or let him walk. Not very active and seems like every time he does fight its like a year process to get him in the cage. Sure, he draws decent but if he isn't going to commit to fighting twice a year and stop the BS in between fights then resign him. Otherwise let him walk and become someone else's problem to deal with. Who ever signs him might get lucky and get two fights out of him in 3 years or whatever. He isn't going to give any other org a leg up that is for sure.

So, you still have some care left?

No it's still intriguing and will be the fight made once Conor heals. They want Dustin to win the belt and have the Conor fight with the belt on the line. Nate just got told not to sign a new contract from his advisor and Conor responded to him with some trash talk. So the fight with Conor vs Diaz is being saved, they will either do that first before the Dustin fight, or see if Conor loses to Dustin and do that fight last. Either way I'm sure Nate has been advised to wait it out and see how things play out with Conor before agreeing to his last fight. Which is the smartest thing to do, so it's a good thing he has an advisor.
There is zero intrigue. The only reason that would happen is money. Conor vs Nate is the fight to make, none of those two fighters have anything to gain anymore and are at the end of their careers. And then we can leave the real title fights for actual contenders.

So, you still have some care left?

Honestly, not much. If I never see him fight again, I'm fine.

Always have enjoyed his actual fights, its the BS that swirls around him that has just ran its course over the years.

There is zero intrigue. The only reason that would happen is money. Conor vs Nate is the fight to make, none of those two fighters have anything to gain anymore and are at the end of their careers. And then we can leave the real title fights for actual contenders.
Zero intrigue to the hardcores, but that isn't who the fight is targeting. It's to the casual fan base and with that included it's the biggest fight. Casuals don't know rankings or contenders but they know Conor and Nate Diaz. Having the trilogy fight is all they need to see to be interested knowing it's their final fight to end the rivalry.

Back