Luque vs Diaz needs to happen

2020 join date checks out.
Only join date, I've been lurking. If you don't think UFC, Conor, and Nate don't want to save this fight as their last resort if things don't work out, then you are slow. It's the biggest money fight for all of them and they would all be stupid to jeopardize that. Conor and Nate have no problem waiting for the bigger money fights, because the prize in the end is bigger than just taking any random fight to fill up the time in between.

Thinking about it, The Diaz brothers never had it easy in the UFC
What had to earn everything they got (the hard way)
Think a little harder then. The Diaz bros duck every wrestler and better grappler. Always get paired against with strikers and only fight rarely because they duck so much. And they still have losing ufc records

Thinking about it, The Diaz brothers never had it easy in the UFC
What had to earn everything they got (the hard way)
Like Nick Diaz beating an undersized BJ Penn and earning a title, then losing but receiving another one immediately?

Nate will be just fine. He’s one of the rare individuals who wins even when he loses, and can literally wait in the wings for years, talking shit on twitter and staying in shape until the right fight/opportunity comes together.

War Nate, what a freakin Unicorn. Nick take some notes.

Nate gets finished by Luque, moves to boxing, and thats the end of Diaz bros in the UFC. Simple.

If nate is Smart he finishes last fight in UFC. And cashes out on a lucrative Jake Paul for big retirement money

He's been in fight limbo for his whole career, or more like fight purgatory that is.

If nate is Smart he finishes last fight in UFC. And cashes out on a lucrative Jake Paul for big retirement money
This seems obviously to be his last fight in the UFC so he can cash out later, agreed. He and Conor can probably do a boxing match and co-promote it and crush it. Conor needs to get out of his contract also, but he might be close also.

UFC has screwed Nate Diaz for over 10 years. Just let the man finally become a free agent so he can finally go to Coker make some real money fight in a real organization with some real stand up ppl.
What??? He would never go to Bellator for real money.

And because it's combat sports, we have a prominent Brexiter weighing in saying Nate Diaz should bail on the UFC. What a world we live in. You can't make this kind of shit up.

They literally have to offer Nate some kind of fight. Otherwise they break the conditions of the contract. And if Nate really wants to be a free agent. He will accept any fight they offer him. If they want to lock him up, they have to make an offer he can’t refuse.

The UFC doesn’t really have any leverage here.

This what more fighters should be doing if they want leverage. His in a strong position which is hopefully good for showing other fighters how to sign a big deal.

They have to offer him fights to keep his contract valid. So nate could be turning down fights or not enough time has passed since the Edwards fight for an offer to be made. Either way the UFC doesn't have much leverage. Nate is now popular and can easily make the shift to freak show pseudo celebrity boxing which is white hot at the moment, even if he loses his next fight. Ultimately the UFC is going to go for maximum value which would be offering nate a fight that would sell, even if they knew he would leave after. My guess is they are asking him to wait for conor.

I wish Nate would just go away. Unfortunately he never will because he’ll be talking shit and throwing up gang signs on Twitter until he’s like 80 years old.

Right because everybody was lining up to fight Leon Edwards ....
That was the fight to make tho, there is history between the two, years of trash talk (Masvidal / Edward), they hate each other and that's the fight hardcore (and I'd venture to say even some casuals) want to see. Yet it took months and months to get this fight traction, now they're fighting because well there is no better fight that'd get them to the belt. Mas made it clear he want the quickest path to the belt, and Edward's TS is overdue, but still uncertain.

So yeah, Masvidal never wanted to fight Edward before his loss to Usman, now he's back in line and Edward is his shortcut. Imagine if Diaz somehow won against Edward, lol Masvidal would've entered the cage WWE style and start campaigning for the rematch that same night. My point was that Mas and Nate are divas and they're not "I'll fight anyone anytime" gangsters like they portrait.

Edit: btw I'm not talking about fighter pay and such, yes UFC are greedy bastards and if fighters can they should total get more money. But Nate and Masvidal, both "baddest mother fuckers", sure like to cherrypick opponents..

Last edited:
I dont feel excited or pumped for Nate fights anymore. I've seen enough and know the drill.

Reactions: MGS
Even if Nate wanted to shop around where is he gonna go? ONE? Bellator? ONE probably won't even sign him anyway and Bellator there are no big money fights for him there even if Coker did want to pony up the money for Nate, which I can't see him not doing.

Nate should hold out for the Conor fight. Conor is going to lose his next fight anyway the way he is going and will need Nate. Nate will make bank and everyone will be happy.

Nate and Conor need to talk privately and just force the fight to happen. Dana can go fuck himself.

They probably offering him a bunch of no names to finish his contract cause they know Nate will say no

why would he say no? If its last fight on his contract and he can be free after that to go box Jake Paul or do whatever he would just say yes. Take the no name fight you might win which helps his stock and yeah maybe you wont make as much money for this one fight as you would vs a bigger name being free would be way more valuable to him.

Also UFC cant just sit on someone forever, either he'll have to be offered a fight or the time period on his contract will run out.

Back