Lupita Godinez accepted fight 2 weight classes up on weeks notice

The fight will take place two weight classes above Godinez’s natural division.

In other words, fight will take place at her actual natural division.

The fight will take place two weight classes above Godinez’s natural division.

In other words, fight will take place at her actual natural division.

She's under that weight already, and if she was actually in a camp and hadn't just spent 14 days quarantined in her condo, would be within FLW limit to start her cut... But nice assumption

in other words she'll be fighting at her actual, natural division

so, you consider the weight a fighter is when not training their natural division? Hendricks and GSP were LHWs, etc? Her natural division would be FLW which is, you know, the weight she is at when she's in fight shape.

But nice twist to turn a positive action into a criticism.

so, you consider the weight a fighter is when not training their natural division? Hendricks and GSP were LHWs, etc? Her natural division would be FLW which is, you know, the weight she is at when she's in fight shape.

But nice twist to turn a positive action into a criticism.

Well the stupid article you linked on that shitty website doesn't say what division the fight will be in, or what division she normally fights at, just that its 2 divisions above.

And almost every fighter is fighting 2 divisions below where they "naturally" should fight, since we have bullshit water-draining weight cuts that have been hurting the sport and cancelling fights for years.

I'm not criticizing her at all, that's your take. I'm just saying that in a reasonable world, she'd be fighting at that weight class normally, so it's absolutely not "2 divisions above her natural division" it's just 2 divisions above the division she fights at in the insane weight-cutting world of MMA

in other words she'll be fighting at her actual, natural division
WITHIN FLW division to start her cut means she would be walking around at 126. I'm not sure how you could make the argument that bantamweight is her natural division at 5'2, 126.
She just fought Penne at 115 a month ago.

Well the stupid article you linked on that shitty website doesn't say what division the fight will be in, or what division she normally fights at, just that its 2 divisions above.

And almost every fighter is fighting 2 divisions below where they "naturally" should fight, since we have bullshit water-draining weight cuts that have been hurting the sport and cancelling fights for years.

I'm not criticizing her at all, that's your take. I'm just saying that in a reasonable world, she'd be fighting at that weight class normally, so it's absolutely not "2 divisions above her natural division" it's just 2 divisions above the division she fights at in the insane weight-cutting world of MMA
Well detective, since there's no atom weight in UFC you could have surmised the fight would be at least bantamweight for it to be 2 divisions above her usual division

So, you made a snide remark based on no knowledge and limited information? You and those like you is 100% the reason I changed my username to "Aspiring Ultracrepidarian" to post on the forum.

So to clarify, in this reasonable world you speak of she'd be fighting at 125, NOT 135, since she can weigh under 125 just by consistent training and watching what she eats. She made 115 a couple weeks after having covid-19 and limited training... She is not a big 115'r

Even then it's irrelevant, as everyone else cuts. If one person stands up front and center in a movie theatre, everyone needs to stand up to see. Weight cutting is the same thing. This isn't on the athletes, it's on the commission and the rules.

This might be one of the cases where a fighter gets robbed, then loses the next fight on short notice. Sarah Alpar can fight. I dont know if she can fend off Alpar at all if shes 20 pounds lighter at 135. I think thatd be near impossible

Alpar can wrestle for sure. I think Godinez puts on a striking clinic if she can keep it standing, as she wouldn't be giving up much height or reach. Alpar has shown nonexistent striking abilities. I think Lupita is strong enough with good enough technique to defend the clinch takedowns and maybe even hit a TD or slam of her own. What concerned me in the fight is if Alpar did get her down I wouldn't be confident she could get up giving up 20 pounds to the larger wrestler.

We won't find out now, though, since the visa won't come through in time.

This might be one of the cases where a fighter gets robbed, then loses the next fight on short notice. Sarah Alpar can fight. I dont know if she can fend off Alpar at all if shes 20 pounds lighter at 135. I think thatd be near impossible
Alpar looked awful against Jessica Rose-Clark, she couldn't get the takedowns but got pieced up standing, gassed out and then got TKO'd. Iirc she sort of got finished twice because of a refereeing mix-up.

Still I wouldn't want to be fighting a wrestler 2 weight classes up.

Alpar looked awful against Jessica Rose-Clark, she couldn't get the takedowns but got pieced up standing, gassed out and then got TKO'd. Iirc she sort of got finished twice because of a refereeing mix-up.

Still I wouldn't want to be fighting a wrestler 2 weight classes up.

She did. But Jessica is two weight classes up from Godinez and Jessica hits hard. Godinze is 115lber

She did. But Jessica is two weight classes up from Godinez and Jessica hits hard. Godinze is 115lber

Jessica largely won the grappling as every time she cracked Sarah, Sarah wilted a bit and stopped pressuring the TD. Hard to know if, or assume that, Lupita could get that much respect off of 1-2 strikes at a time. She's a great boxer in her own right, but weight matters for power. Plus, Jessica was largely getting these reactions from elbows and knees.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back