Lunch replacement

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by standupfighter, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. standupfighter

standupfighter White Belt

I wana ask you guys a question, if its lunch time and my stomach is empty and theres a bunch of fatty and sugary foods around, wouldnt it be better to have a nurtional shake instead? I am new to the whole shakes thing so I wanted to ask you guys what brand or what shake could i take to replace a meal? I hear some rumor about protein shakes making people gain weight. Is this true? I dont lift heavy weights so would i still gain weight off the shake? Anyway I already know you guys have had this same question billions of times but please give me some good suggestions because I know that during lunch is whats killing my diet so please some suggestions or advice would be appreciated! Thanks in advance guys

2. Fozzy1

Fozzy1 Guest

yes, it has be scientifically documented in the FAQ that protein shakes make you gain weight. Those 30g of protein per shake have been critically linked with obesity in athletes for years.

Avoid the nutritional protein shake. You'll thank me in 10 years when you're not fat.

~Foz

3. JinKazama

JinKazama Red Belt

lol

4. standupfighter

Thanks for the sarcasim! someone please be searious and help me out.

5. ronin0352

ronin0352 Lift, Eat, Sleep, Repeat

Did you try doing a search to find out how many times? Also, did you try reading the FAQ?

Glad you could recognize the sarcasm, even if not your grammar. lol
    Seriously though, your question is pretty vague and silly. It's obvious you haven't read the FAQ or you wouldn't be asking that question. That's why the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) is stickied on the top of the page. My g/f doesn't even have an account here and she reads the FAQ.

6. spirited

spirited Guest

can't be bothered with the FAQs, there is this big ass "new thread" button just waiting for me to click on it :D

where are you at that you either cannot pack a lunch from home or if you're at home that you can't whip up something simple, hell even microwave eggs for lunch if you have to

7. GenericSlim

GenericSlim White Belt

Don't eat that shit and surround yourself with healthier alternatives. Some ideas:

Tuna and crackers
    Carved turkey sandwich on whole wheat
    Spinach salad with egg and chicken
    Chicken and brown rice or sweet potato

8. Ian Coe

Ian Coe Silver Belt Professional Fighter

I'm not going to the same lengths of a response as foz, but I'll just say

[​IMG]

9. immovablestone

immovablestone Purple Belt

Do some research, go to a supplement store and check whats in the protein... You're gonna get a dick in a box if you don't read the FAQ's and expect spoon feeding.

10. standupfighter

I checked out the faqs once again and ran into some good information, I still wana know what brand or product you guys use for protein or shakes?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.