Luke Thomas's Opinion On Rousey vs Cyborg At Catchweight

rousey has fought at 145. her not cutting weight will have no affect on how she performs.

I also think cyborg can make 140.

I also think cyborg can make 135.

I dont know why this fight isnt happening

Wait so Ronda 152 and cuts to 145(should cut 7 pounds)

Cyborg from 175 and cuts to 145 (cuts 30 pounds)

There will be a 23 pound difference between them.
That seems fair???

Sheet than i want Ronda vs Jedy at 130, so Ronda can have a nice weight advantage on fight day. Do u see how fair that sounds??? U sheep need to open your eyes

At 135 u will really see who the best and skilled fighter is. The weight will be similar come fight day and Meisha and Caraway have stated 5 pounds makes a huge difference

I agree with him about the weight cut and that Cyborg in no way can make 135, its like asking Conor to go down to 135 or Barao to 125, or Poirier going to 135. Like Luke pointed out with Poirier, 10lbs makes a big difference. We have to consider that Cyborg already is at the max of what she can cut, its not at point where she just stops cutting.....she's at her limit.

As for how the loss would affect Rousey?? That I dont know, I dont agree with him that her reputation would not go untarnished but I think the UFC could also spin it the right way. How fans react we wont know till it happens.

Ronda is the champ making millions, while Cyborg makes a fraction. This fight doesnt need to happen, it only need to happen so the haters can be convinced Cyborg aint that good without her 15-20 pound weigh advantage.

Its quite simple if u look at all the variables that will factor in the fight. Cyborg dont want an even level playing field and she dont want the UFC stricter random testing with blood. All Cyborg does is contradict herself time and time again

U sheep need to open your eyes

Shit like this is a dead giveaway that the author spends huge amounts of time searching for evidence of Stanley Kubrick's involvement in the "fake" Apollo Mission lunar landings.

Lockart and Dolce have stated Cyborg can make 135. Cyborg doesn't want to fight without her 15-20 pounds advantage, which is totally different then not being able to make 135.

Cyborg doesnt want a repeat of her first fight. Cyborg with a similar weight at BW vs Ronda, McMann, Meisha, Nunes and Holms, she doesnt like her chances.

To me its clear as day, Cyborg wants that weigh and size advantage, but sheeps dont put that into account

Dolce? Obviously he has no reason to say that considering hes in Rondas Camp. Honestly I was surprised to see him at the weigh-ins because for some reason i thought people had stopped listening to that guy. Lockhart I've never heard of.

We dont know what Cyborg wants or what she thinks I'm not even a big fan, I'll take the finesse of Rondas game over Cyborgs raw power any day but lets be honest. They both want an advantage it's just that Ronda has no incentive to go up.

In the end i probably would do the same as Ronda minus the talking shit and just answer questions about cyborg matter of factly instead of getting all vicious with it.

Shit like this is a dead giveaway that the author spends huge amounts of time searching for evidence of Stanley Kubrick's involvement in the "fake" Apollo Mission lunar landings.

Cyborg has stated in an Axis tv interview , "i want to be big strong Cyborg". Geeeee i wonder why she doesnt want to fight at 135 where come fight day the weight will be similar in weight between Cyborg and her opponents?

Cyborgs first fight haunts her mentally, shes avoiding grapplers without her weight advantage

Dolce? Obviously he has no reason to say that considering hes in Rondas Camp. Honestly I was surprised to see him at the weigh-ins because for some reason i thought people had stopped listening to that guy. Lockhart I've never heard of.

We dont know what Cyborg wants or what she thinks I'm not even a big fan, I'll take the finesse of Rondas game over Cyborgs raw power any day but lets be honest. They both want an advantage it's just that Ronda has no incentive to go up.

In the end i probably would do the same as Ronda minus the talking shit and just answer questions about cyborg matter of factly instead of getting all vicious with it.

Dolce said Cyborg can make 135 as soon as UFC purchased Strike Force. If u dont know who Lockhart is, then u gotta do your research and dont be lazy.

How does Ronda have an advantage at 135, if Cyborg can make 135 twice at Invicta?? Cyborg is the only one that wants a 15-20 advantage. Holms and Nunes are basically the same frame of Cyborg, except they never tested positive for steroids or choose to have a bulky frame

Oh you don't think Dana wouldn't allow a change in her contract considering the money to be made and all the attention it would receive?

Why would they put it in the contract if that's not expected of her?

It makes sense for him as a fan, he doesn't have any money on the line though.

I agree with him about the weight cut and that Cyborg in no way can make 135, its like asking Conor to go down to 135 or Barao to 125, or Poirier going to 135. Like Luke pointed out with Poirier, 10lbs makes a big difference. We have to consider that Cyborg already is at the max of what she can cut, its not at point where she just stops cutting.....she's at her limit.

As for how the loss would affect Rousey?? That I dont know, I dont agree with him that her reputation would not go untarnished but I think the UFC could also spin it the right way. How fans react we wont know till it happens.

Wait so Conor drastically changed his physique over time and has tested positive for steroids??

Like he said, people who insist on Cyborg making 135 do not want a Cyborg at her full potential.

In every other champions case, whenever they are so dominant over their division there is always the push to go up in weight, why is Ronda the exception? In fact, i dont think there has ever been a champion who has been as dominant over their division as Ronda has been.

The reasoning against making it @140 makes no sense.

Like he said, people who insist on Cyborg making 135 do not want a Cyborg at her full potential.

In every other champions case, whenever they are so dominant over their division there is always the push to go up in weight, why is Ronda the exception? In fact, i dont think there has ever been a champion who has been as dominant over their division as Ronda has been.

The reasoning against making it @140 makes no sense.

"Like he said, people who insist on Cyborg making 135 do not want a Cyborg at her full potential."

Right, they just want to ignore Cyborg will be fighting with her usual 15-20 pound advantage

Yeah lets let Cyborg (cut 30 pounds) to make 145 and lets let Ronda cut (7 pounds) to make 145

Seems as fair as making Ronda vs Jedi at 130 so Ronda can have nice weigh advantage come fight day.

Only haters choose to ignore all the variables factoring in that fight. No reason to make it if Cyborg is not confident fighting opponents with similar weigh on fight day.

Wait, so BJpenn knew GPS was a proven cheater?? And he also had a bright idea to fight Edgar with his straight stance right

is this your best response? to attack BJ Penn? LOL

Please tell me how does BJ fighting Frankie has anything to do with Ronda?:icon_lol:

oh, and please go at it. I hated BJ penn, so I couldn't care less if you attacked him. I just think it is asinine response since it has NOTHING to do with the point I made, and you obviously know it.

Why would they put it in the contract if that's not expected of her?

Point is, Danas/Rondas hands arent tied. If they accept fighting at a higher weight a contract wont stop anyone.

You said it as if theres nothing they can do.

"Like he said, people who insist on Cyborg making 135 do not want a Cyborg at her full potential."

Right, they just want to ignore Cyborg will be fighting with her usual 15-20 pound advantage

Yeah lets let Cyborg (cut 30 pounds) to make 145 and lets let Ronda cut (7 pounds) to make 145

Seems as fair as making Ronda vs Jedi at 130 so Ronda can have nice weigh advantage come fight day.

Only haters choose to ignore all the variables factoring in that fight. No reason to make it if Cyborg is not confident fighting opponents with similar weigh on fight day.

no, I think it is only you who chose to ignore the fact Ronda can gain some muscle between now and the fight time.

Only you chose to ignore they can fight at 140, forcing Cyborg to drain herself beyond 145 Lbs.

And let us not forget that Ronda was willing to fight Gina at 145... and the fact she did fight at 145 already and won all her matches, proving it is not as terrible as you try to convey...:icon_lol:

is this your best response? to attack BJ Penn? LOL

Please tell me how does BJ fighting Frankie has anything to do with Ronda?:icon_lol:

oh, and please go at it. I hated BJ penn, so I couldn't care less if you attacked him. I just think it is asinine response since it has NOTHING to do with the point I made, and you obviously know it.

I was statin BJ penn fighting GSP was different, GSP was never a proven cheater. Also BJpenn fought at different era's. BJ fought Machida back then and brought this funky stance to fight Edgar. I dont hate BJpenn at all, i just think he made some choices that seem very questionable.

Meisha doesnt want to fight Cyborg at 145 either, geeee i wonder why, maybe cause it only makes sense if Cyborg makes 135 and fights at an even level playing field where we can actually if she is as good without her 15-20 pound advantage

It's only a matter of time before Luke accuses Ronda of being racist for not fighting Cyborg. It's only a matter of time before Luke demands that Cyborg start a trade union so as not to disappoint him.
BTW did you know that Luke has a large frame and his wife is Colombian?

There is no 145lbs division in the UFC. Fact. Plus, it would have been nice if Anderson fought GSP, but just because they were in adjacent weight classes didn't mean that it was really feasible. There are plenty of reasons for this not to happen.

Either Cyborg can make the weight or she can't. Given her past history with PEDs, it's possible that she has bulked up too much. Game over.

Cyborg is the ultimate can-crusher.

Not a hater, im a believer. You too should have more faith in the girl in your AV ... and the argument is to make the fight @140, not @145.

This fight makes more sense than:

Andy vs Gsp
Andy vs Bones
Bones vs Cain
Bones vs Weidman

Id say Ronda vs Cyborg even makes more sense than Aldo vs Pettis one year ago.

Back