Media Luke Thomas: You Won't See Another Fighter Like Khabib in Your Life Again

Yeah. I'm pretty sure Rousey, Jones and Weidman all made it to 3 defenses without ever being dropped or cut. I don't think being cut is particularly significant, though. I'm not sure why it's being included like it's a big deal.

I didn't see all of Joanna's fights, so I'm not sure if she got hurt before achieving 3 defenses.

Obviously Anderson and GSP's UFC win streaks were way more impressive than Khabib's. How much you want to detract for their losses outside of the win streaks is up to you, but I don't think losses outside of their peak mean much when looking at greatness. Aldo's combined WEC and UFC streak is also way more impressive. I'm pretty sure he made it way past three defenses without ever being hurt, but he has that one early loss that is a disqualifier.
DC is a way better win than anything Khabib ever did, even if you don't count the 2nd fight. Shogun was so washed that he was the LHW champ and had just beat Machida.

Well it's highly debatable, Any one who followed shogun's career knew he was not the same fighter after multiple bad knees injuries.
And Machida also had to leave LHW to MW cause he couldn't compete anymore with the new generation of big LHW...

<Dany07>

Kabob really might be the best fighter to ever do it. His resume isn't top 5. Honestly it might not be top 10.

Hi hi ha ha ho ho...<{afrobol}>

Whether you like it or not he's already one of the greatest.
It's all subjective and true at the same time

Well it's highly debatable, Any one who followed shogun's career knew he was not the same fighter after multiple bad knees injuries.
And Machida also had to leave LHW to MW cause he couldn't compete anymore with the new generation of big LHW...
Certainly everyone knows Shogun would've been better if he didn't have three knee surgeries. He was still good enough to be the current champ when Jones beat him.

Machida couldn't hang with a new generation of big LHWs?
<Varys01>

He left the division losing a questionable decision to a large LHW. He also starched Ryan Bader who was just as big and beat Davis twice afterward. Lyoto was a small LHW, but that's a weird way to describe him in an attempt to discredit Jones' resume.
Hi hi ha ha ho ho...<{afrobol}>

Whether you like it or not he's already one of the greatest.
It's all subjective and true at the same time
He's one of the greatest in the same way "prime Mike Tyson" is one of the greatest boxers. His ability is undeniable and there is a strong argument to be made that he was the best to ever do it at his peak. His career/resume simply doesn't stack up, though. Not even close.

Khabib was truly once in a lifetime fighter. GOAT.

Anderson wasn't knocked down, hurt or cut in his first three defences either.
We're not talking about a champion's tenure as a champion, but a champion's entire career. We just watched Anderson Silva get starched by a gun - shy superfan the other week.
So no, he doesn't compare to Khabib in terms of career - wise dominance

Ackmed
Black belt Sherdogger
Never been yellow carded
Never used another account on Sherdog
Gives respect where its due
Doesn't flame others
Unbiased
Always includes Cliff's in videos
Always timestamps when beneficial

Damn, we need to start calling you GOATmed

Ackmed
Black belt Sherdogger
Never been yellow carded
Doesn't flame others
Unbiased

These are normally reserved only for the best of the best of the Shoopers (just ask them - totally serious), but brah I just have to give you one of my coveted gold stars.

277585ccb134133252f1eecfb77dcbea_w200.gif

I agree. we will never see someone as dominating from the start to finish of their career as khabib. not even losing a drop of blood or getting a black eye. tapping out D1 wrestlers in 2 rounds. Dropping the most elite strikers with his hands.

but we say this now

jones can hush all these talks by winning the HW belt
and what happens if izzy beats jan and chases down jones at HW ? first 3 weight champ

Ackmed
Black belt Sherdogger
Never been yellow carded
Doesn't flame others
Unbiased
If I could like this I would

GOAT Ackmed

Khabib was great, but he didn't hold and defend the title long enough to be talked about in this way, Jones has been defending the belt since back in the day..

he was 2 kicks away from getting destroyed by gaycheese, lost to teebow, ducked Ferg for 4 years and never really made weight and was scared of 170

all things I heard on sherdog

Certainly everyone knows Shogun would've been better if he didn't have three knee surgeries. He was still good enough to be the current champ when Jones beat him.

Machida couldn't hang with a new generation of big LHWs?
<Varys01>

He left the division losing a questionable decision to a large LHW. He also starched Ryan Bader who was just as big and beat Davis twice afterward. Lyoto was a small LHW, but that's a weird way to describe him in an attempt to discredit Jones' resume.

He's one of the greatest in the same way "prime Mike Tyson" is one of the greatest boxers. His ability is undeniable and there is a strong argument to be made that he was the best to ever do it at his peak. His career/resume simply doesn't stack up, though. Not even close.

English is not my native language but i'll do my best to express my thoughts in a best way possible.

Shogun was ufc champ after 5 fights in the ufc 2 of which he lost.
He was never able to defend that belt at the cost of a bad defeat vs Jones. Since then his career only went downhill.

On why did machida left the LHW division?
-Well the answer is in the question.
-lost 4 fights out of his last 8 at LHW
-never beat Davis but lost twice to Davis(controversial or not) ... get your facts straights

He knew he couldn't compete against a 6.4" super freaks, every one then thought he'd dominate the 185 division which was more suitable to his size.

Getting back to Khabib, he may not have a better resume than silva Jones or gsp, even though i think he has nothing to envy them, you can't deny the way he's dominated every single of his opponents, arguably never lost a round & never got hurt which is something no one else has ever done, his whole personality.... a combination of facts that make him one of the greatest to many.
No saying he's the GOAT but he certainly is up there easy with Jones gsp silva Fedor etc..

Don't come out with stupid gifs, instructive discussion only is appreciated ^^

Agree with Luke...putting aside his resume which is quite awesome, I've never in my life seen anyone so dominant in their respective profession quite like Khabib.

The panic on his opponents face as they are being overwhelmed by the intensity, ferocity and strength takes your breath away.

He will be more appreciated long after he's gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back