Media Luke Thomas On JRE Out Now (OP Updated w/ Timestamps)

Listen shit for brains, I’m aware there is a lot of tin foil on your head, but let me just explain real quick:

I do not give my time or dollars to people who believe Sandy Hook was a conspiracy, or people who give those lunatics an outlet or a platform. I don’t really care about his podcast and haven’t been a regular listener for years. Just pointing it out.

I think you should try and find a community college and deal with that teenage angst. You seem frustrated and i think it's because you are aware you're on a lower intellectual plane than the rest of society. Even when you're on a karate forum. Sad.
You know Alex Jones doesn’t believe sandy hook was a hoax right?

I'd watch some bits, but only on specific topics. If the bravest of souls could come up with cliffs, I'd be super grateful, otherwise i can skip it
0:00 Intro hits
0:11 Covid
4:30 Iraq & the Marine Core
9:00 Police training
14:46 The Gracies & Vitor Belfort
20:01 MMA heavyweights & Wilder vs Fury
35:51 Wilder photo
38:23 If Roy Jones Jr was Wilders trainer
40:20 Khabib vs Gaethje breakdown
42:55 The GOAT & Jon Jones
53:40 Athletic brothers/sisters & fighting
57:24 Steve Macho & Jones beef with Luke
1:04:42 Fighter pay & management
1:13:08 An MMA union & broke fighters
1:20:28 The UFC industry integration
1:26:00 Fighter value (MMA vs Boxing)
1:33:55 Leon Edwards & MMA rankings
1:37:10 BT sports
1:38:23 Khamzat Chimaev & MMA knockouts
1:44:29 TRT in MMA
1:47:33 Jon Jones & Tim Silvias arm injuries
1:52:38 MMA monopoly & other organisations
1:55:29 Gilbert Burns
1:58:18 Jorge Masvidal & Al Iaquinta
2:02:25 Josh Thompson & Bodog
2:07:57 Anderson Silva's career & cutting weight
2:23:21 ONE FC & their weight cutting system
2:30:30 Steroids, USADA & drug testing
2:48:10 Yoel Romero
2:55:58 Striking
3:01:47 Israel Adesanya
3:05:43 Jan Blachowicz
3:10:33 Alex Perreria & Glory
3:18:58 USADA & anti-doping

You deserve 101 likes, good sir!

3.5 hoursof A Level MMA analysis

<5>

Thanks a lot for the cliffs my man

The problem is nobody wants to hear that ugly truth that you can't solve PED issue(unless legalize it) so the best solution Luke mentioned is to follow strength sports where there are tested and untested competitions. Thats probably not going to happen so essentially the sweeping under the rug like other sports leagues is the next best thing because the alternative to it results in the sport collapsing on itself.

I really dislike that argument for PEDs....I mean you want to try and eradicate it as much as possible. Obviously some people will "get away" with it but you want to make that section of people as small as possible. It should be a level playing field for everyone.

The one part I fully support in what you said is that it should be a fighters union that deals with USADA. That way if someone gets called out for peds and it turns out they're innocent it doesn't ruin their career. Not that it has really ruined anyone's career so far.

Luke gives some good points on why UFC fighters should be paid more and quarrels a bit with UFC employee Joe Rogan

Was awesome to hear how much joe cares more than anyone about fighter pay without ever looking into how it works and all the legal activities trying to get fighters more money

Good for you, Joseph

<Oku03>

I don't see the issue with what Luke said though they were drinking and things could have been said better. To sum up simply said the UFC should follow the same steps as other major sports leagues(which are far bigger than UFC) which is to have the union bargain for this which would probably end up with no USADA. USADA comes out of the fix fighter pay %, violates basic privacy rights year round and has ruined fighter's careers for bullshit mistakes.

The problem is nobody wants to hear that ugly truth that you can't solve PED issue(unless legalize it) so the best solution Luke mentioned is to follow strength sports where there are tested and untested competitions. Thats probably not going to happen so essentially the sweeping under the rug like other sports leagues is the next best thing because the alternative to it results in the sport collapsing on itself. Lets face it....I haven't heard a peep from anyone in MMA complaining about the lack of USADA in Bellator or One.

Heh yes said in a joking manner but essentially he was saying TRT is what led to USADA in the first place and it was far too easy to obtain. He's not morally against TRT he's basically saying if you have a system in place with testing TRT is a massive loophole that going to just get abused assuming its the same TRT TUE rules.

Anyway to sum all of this up his position is that the fighters union should have input on this not UFC just announcing USADA is here and they have to deal with it.

I've seen mma media talk about the lack of testing in Bellator (they leave it up to the host commission of each event, and use Mohegan Sun AC when overseas).
Nobody talks about it ONE for two reasons: !. nobody in U.S. based mma media covers the fights in ONE. 2. "Mainstream" mma media coverage of ONE is focused almost solely on the financial side for some reason. Got mma "journalists" that could tell you about ONE's income vs expenses last year, but can't name five fighters there aside from the former UFC guys.

I really dislike that argument for PEDs....I mean you want to try and eradicate it as much as possible. Obviously some people will "get away" with it but you want to make that section of people as small as possible. It should be a level playing field for everyone.

The one part I fully support in what you said is that it should be a fighters union that deals with USADA. That way if someone gets called out for peds and it turns out they're innocent it doesn't ruin their career. Not that it has really ruined anyone's career so far.

The only way to eliminate it means fighters lives basically have to be owned 24/7 by usada.i wldnt want some asshole coming to my door at 4am for any money. Its just impractical

Eliminating cheating is a great idea but if you actually bother to think through what it would require, all the fighters have to surrender all rights to privacy for their entire career, while earning mostly shit money, and having no rights as they are classified as independent contractors, who nonetheless cant go fight for anyone else

Its just not realistic. Its impossible for it to be realistic.no matter how much we hate the idea of cheating, you just can't reasonably be constantly showing up in athletes houses in the middle of the night demanding that they get their cock out and piss for you

Matt Conley, YOU are on steroids

The entire USADA segment was a hot mess. He starts with saying how USADA is a clown show which is true, he notes that it allows bigger name fighters & gyms to get away with shit that others can't. He then says this isn't right & fair, and when Rogan asks him what he'd do he goes on to propose a "don't ask too many questions" system which results in the exact same thing. And when Rogan calls him on it he goes "but that's what they do in the NBA, MLB and especially the NFL!" And to finish it off, he says he's against TRT because it's too easy, and that you should actually put some effort into your PEDs. You can't make this shit up.
He sounds like your stereotypical college student when talking about the problems of society.
Very thorough understanding of the problem, burn it all down as an answer.
Only good point he made about it was that this was something thrust on to the fighters, and not something they negotiated or had input during the process.

They work really well together, i'd love to see him on it again.

Should invite him to a Fight Companion.

Why does everyone here hate Luke and call him a cuck. Curious what he did.

The only way to eliminate it means fighters lives basically have to be owned 24/7 by usada.i wldnt want some asshole coming to my door at 4am for any money. Its just impractical

Eliminating cheating is a great idea but if you actually bother to think through what it would require, all the fighters have to surrender all rights to privacy for their entire career, while earning mostly shit money, and having no rights as they are classified as independent contractors, who nonetheless cant go fight for anyone else

Its just not realistic. Its impossible for it to be realistic.no matter how much we hate the idea of cheating, you just can't reasonably be constantly showing up in athletes houses in the middle of the night demanding that they get their cock out and piss for you

Matt Conley, YOU are on steroids

Once again, you're going off the assumption you're going to be able to eliminate peds entirely....I'm not saying that. People will fall through the cracks. For the most part, however, people will be caught and punished.

I find this arguement similar to the "well people are going to commit murder anyways, so may as well legalise it" and you can replace murder with whatever you want, be it drugs or whatever etc....

I find this arguement similar to the "well people are going to commit murder anyways, so may as well legalise it" and you can replace murder with whatever you want, be it drugs or whatever etc....

Analogy doesnt really work for me...

I will never understand people who listen to the JRE. The majority of his guests are idiotic, and Joe Rogan just isn't intelligent and he has some of the worst takes I have ever heard.

I enjoyed the podcast. Would love to see Luke Thomas come back again.

Back