Media Luke Thomas On JRE Out Now (OP Updated w/ Timestamps)

Luke gives some good points on why UFC fighters should be paid more and quarrels a bit with UFC employee Joe Rogan

At this point I’ve watched clips from the JRE clips channel, and he’s no where near as insufferable as you guys make him out to be. What did I miss? Did he shit on Fedor at some point or something ? Cause I’m confused on the hate
It’s because Luke gets triggered by online voices like us on Sherdog, he is very easy to trigger

What’s with the Sherdog hate for Luke Thomas? He’s one of the better MMA journalists out there. Doesn’t traffic in speculation and rumors, and his technical breakdowns are pretty good.

Luke "I don't have time to go over it, but trust me, I've watched kabibs entire fight library 53 times" Thomas
Luke "vinegar and piss" Thomas
Luke "I love ballet and cannibal corpse" Thomas
Luke "I read, therefore i am better than you" Thomas

This podcast will be "fundamentally egregious" if its not filled with outrageous comparissons, vocabulary over exaggeration, passive agressive addressing of haters, sucking on eugene bareman and adesanyas nuts, comments about striking on the half-beat and insults to the white race.
Damn good description of the guy. Especially the "smarter than you because I read books" part.
Over an hour in and this is my take. I haven't listened to Luke in years and I was shitting on him just last night, but he's better than I remember him being here. I wonder if this is just him trying to put his best foot forward for the JRE fans.
It's a definite possibility.

Luke's live chat show is where he's the worst. It doesn't help that a lot of people kiss his ass with their questions, ask his political opinions and for book recommendations.

These 2 are discrediting Belforts win over Bisping because of TRT but earlier talked about Jones being the GOAT. Smdh

The entire USADA segment was a hot mess. He starts with saying how USADA is a clown show which is true, he notes that it allows bigger name fighters & gyms to get away with shit that others can't. He then says this isn't right & fair, and when Rogan asks him what he'd do he goes on to propose a "don't ask too many questions" system which results in the exact same thing. And when Rogan calls him on it he goes "but that's what they do in the NBA, MLB and especially the NFL!" And to finish it off, he says he's against TRT because it's too easy, and that you should actually put some effort into your PEDs. You can't make this shit up.

I've been waiting years and years and years for this <Lmaoo>

The entire USADA segment was a hot mess. He starts with saying how USADA is a clown show which is true, he notes that it allows bigger name fighters & gyms to get away with shit that others can't. He then says this isn't right & fair, and when Rogan asks him what he'd do he goes on to propose a "don't ask too many questions" system which results in the exact same thing. And when Rogan calls him on it he goes "but that's what they do in the NBA, MLB and especially the NFL!" And to finish it off, he says he's against TRT because it's too easy, and that you should actually put some effort into your PEDs. You can't make this shit up.

Yep exactly didn’t have great arguments at all.... lol and I’m against USADA as well.

I'd watch some bits, but only on specific topics. If the bravest of souls could come up with cliffs, I'd be super grateful, otherwise i can skip it

He’s never been completely open about his views on PEDs, and it always comes across as him being completely undecided on the issue, but leans towards allowing them as long as fighters he likes can use them.

The entire USADA segment was a hot mess. He starts with saying how USADA is a clown show which is true, he notes that it allows bigger name fighters & gyms to get away with shit that others can't. He then says this isn't right & fair, and when Rogan asks him what he'd do he goes on to propose a "don't ask too many questions" system which results in the exact same thing. And when Rogan calls him on it he goes "but that's what they do in the NBA, MLB and especially the NFL!"

I don't see the issue with what Luke said though they were drinking and things could have been said better. To sum up simply said the UFC should follow the same steps as other major sports leagues(which are far bigger than UFC) which is to have the union bargain for this which would probably end up with no USADA. USADA comes out of the fix fighter pay %, violates basic privacy rights year round and has ruined fighter's careers for bullshit mistakes.

The problem is nobody wants to hear that ugly truth that you can't solve PED issue(unless legalize it) so the best solution Luke mentioned is to follow strength sports where there are tested and untested competitions. Thats probably not going to happen so essentially the sweeping under the rug like other sports leagues is the next best thing because the alternative to it results in the sport collapsing on itself. Lets face it....I haven't heard a peep from anyone in MMA complaining about the lack of USADA in Bellator or One.

And to finish it off, he says he's against TRT because it's too easy, and that you should actually put some effort into your PEDs. You can't make this shit up.

Heh yes said in a joking manner but essentially he was saying TRT is what led to USADA in the first place and it was far too easy to obtain. He's not morally against TRT he's basically saying if you have a system in place with testing TRT is a massive loophole that going to just get abused assuming its the same TRT TUE rules.

Anyway to sum all of this up his position is that the fighters union should have input on this not UFC just announcing USADA is here and they have to deal with it.

I wonder why Joe has never had Ariel on.

Anyone pick up on joe seeming weirdly passive, meek and subdued

Kinda felt like joe didn't want to wake his parents in the next room but didnt want Luke to find out he still lives with his folks so he had to try to act normal

Luke is the worst person ever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back