Luke Thomas: "Jon Jones barely trained for the Gus fight"

If he barely trained then why not take the rematch and destroy him easily, get a nice pay check and then fight DC next?
He said fighting Gus is bad business. The truth is, it is bad business only if he think he will lose.

jones has you haters wrapped around his finger so bad, you guys are whiny, cry babies, to see you guys try to prop up a guy that lost to phil davis and already lost to the undefeated champ is comical.

Glad I wasn't the only 1.....

Efalk said hes senior editor for MMAfighting.com.

So not a training partner, or a coach?

Just a random "journalist", or JOurnalist proof reader.

I've truthfully never heard his name before, and i didn't know he was an inside man on Jon jones's training regimen.

I seriously doubt Winklejohn and Greg Jackson would allow that to happen, and even though Jon said his cardio stats weren't up to par, just before the fight he posted on instagram saying he had bested all his PBs.

Well if that's the case shouldn't Jon be eager to take the fight seriously this time and make a point? Sounds like bs to me.

Then the fucker should show what happens when he actually trains. If the fight happens, I've got Gus. Jones doesn't believe himself he will win.

I've truthfully never heard his name before, and i didn't know he was an inside man on Jon jones's training regimen.

I seriously doubt Winklejohn and Greg Jackson would allow that to happen, and even though Jon said his cardio stats weren't up to par, just before the fight he posted on instagram saying he had bested all his PBs.

one of the best journalists in the business. big wrestling and bjj fan

Yea apparently he's a writer and editor.

Especially when he trashes people who say Jones wants Cormier because Cormier is injured - "he will fight when he is READY, not injured!!" - well Luke you dense motherfucker, after knee surgery you are NEVER as good as you were prior at least athletically.

He turned down the Chael replacement fight, because he wasn't training for Chael.

And then he barely trained for the Gus fight?

Ok...

He was speaking from Jon Jones' perspective, i.e. he was trying to guess what Jon Jones is thinking, he even says that he doesn't think that is correct.

Yeah we got it when he said it! Thanks captain states the obvious.

Why do these guys even bother saying shit like this. He was obviously well prepared for that fight.

whatever he says...after the fact.

Just before the Gus fight Jones said that he was in the best shape of his life and had been breaking all kind of records in training camp.

Then again he also said that he would fight Gus next after the Glover fight...

one of the best journalists in the business. big wrestling and bjj fan

I'll take ur word on it, but I'm a Ben Fowlkes amd John Morgan guy.

Some of the stuff Fowlkes writes seems like it came directly from my brain. That said, some of the things he says makes me wanna punch him in the throat. Lol

He turned down the Chael replacement fight, because he wasn't training for Chael.

And then he barely trained for the Gus fight?

Ok...

This right here, if he wouldn't take a chance fighting a guy that is less dangerous than his original opponent that also has 0 training camp then it wouldn't make any sense to hardly train for someone like Gus.

Back