Luke Thomas: "Jon Jones barely trained for the Gus fight"

Stupid comment by Luke Thomas...Jones wouldn't have lasted against Gus if he wasn't in incredible shape

no TD skills. i actually lol'd....did you ever take into consideration the toe that was almost completely ripped off isn't 100%. did you not watch jones use his TD's to beat guys like vitor, chael and rampage??

You mean those fucking midgets compared to Jones' frame? Those middleweights?

Yeah i can more often than not beat up much smaller guys than me aswell, so can most people with clear physical advantages, but in society that stuff is frowned upon, most normal humans would agree with that. And frankly its straight up retarded of the UFC to not factor in Reach aswell as weight for the brackets.

But the main point here, is that the first time in his career that he even came close to a fair fight, he got shipped to the hospital, and now hes doing everything he can seemingly to dodge that 1 person in his entire division that somewhat matches up with him physically, even if he still carries the advantage. Its just getting to a point where its plain sad now.

Why would anyone want to watch him fight a guy like DC? Yeah DC is a beast, but Jones would have a 12" reach advantage or something like that on him, and thats only the arms, LOL. Its not even competitive, and if it is it would be an upset since the outset is not an even playing field. Why would anyone root for that? Instead of rooting for him to go fight at his natural weight class which is heavyweight, where he would still have an advantage over practically everybody :icon_neut

i think that applies right now, thats why jones doesnt want to fight Gus

10259204_4249861142926_4718892208130667258_o.jpg

Haha damn.

Why would anyone want to watch him fight a guy like DC? Yeah DC is a beast, but Jones would have a 12" reach advantage or something like that on him, and thats only the arms, LOL. Its not even competitive, and if it is it would be an upset since the outset is not an even playing field. Why would anyone root for that? Instead of rooting for him to go fight at his natural weight class which is heavyweight, where he would still have an advantage over practically everybody :icon_neut

so according to this logic struve should be HW champ. please leave.

Ohhhh that explains it. Thanks for your helpfullness.....

he's from mmafighting. Here is his bio:

"Luke Thomas
Senior Editor

Luke Thomas covers mixed martial arts and combat sports for MMAFighting.com and SB Nation. Luke is the former Editor in Chief of Bloody Elbow, one of SB Nation's MMA blogs. He's also a host on SiriusXM Fight Club."

He's right and when Jones destroys Gustafsson in the rematch some of you doubters will believe. Jones well on his way to being the best in UFC history

with a lifetime of wrestling behind him, it's still embarrassing he couldn't get gus down and that he got taken down.

i think these are just excuses being floated around by jones and his handlers to justify the delay in signing the bout agreement. gamesmanship/

He was speaking from Jon Jones' perspective, i.e. he was trying to guess what Jon Jones is thinking, he even says that he doesn't think that is correct.

he's from mmafighting. Here is his bio:

"Luke Thomas
Senior Editor

Luke Thomas covers mixed martial arts and combat sports for MMAFighting.com and SB Nation. Luke is the former Editor in Chief of Bloody Elbow, one of SB Nation's MMA blogs. He's also a host on SiriusXM Fight Club."

There ya go. Thanks.

And as far as the "smh" comment, sorry, I rely mainly on Junkie and Sherdog for my MMA news.

And yea I know, some of Junkies Journalists are douches.

so according to this logic struve should be HW champ. please leave.

Yes because all nuance is lost according to what i said? And Jones didnt have a huge advantage from the get-go, as in before the fight even started and skills of any kind is factored into it, in literally all of his fights? No? You leave, son.

Luke is putting too much credence into inside sources. He's saying it like a fact.

BS. Why Jones will refuse a more hyped fight ($$$) if he can beat him easly and silence the critics about his performance against Gus?

No this is just stupid. Gus gave Jones a real run for it. I would like to see the rematch and if he feels he can easily pass Gus by, do it and be done. If he destroyed Gus then no one would want to see a third fight so he can move to DC and others.

He may not have take it seriously as other fights, but I don't believe Jones ever puts himself in a position where he doesn't train.

Exactly. He was in shape that fight, and had cardio for 5 rounds. If he didn't train "hard" he would have gotten smacked like any fighter would.

If he barely trained then why not take the rematch and destroy him easily, get a nice pay check and then fight DC next?

Back