Luke Thomas: Jiri's name is actually pronounced 'Yeezy'

Okay but like examples?

Well examples of him being a pretentious douche happens every time he opens his mouth.
And if you have listened to him from the beginning he's been called out a hundred times about his knowledge of MMA... especially the past.

Now he can watch a ton of those fights on fight pass so he has caught up a bit but was clearly not there like he pretends.
Also his father is some richy bitch diplomat, and Luke has had to settle for MMA because he couldn't make it anywhere else which put his daddy in a tizzy.

Luke has been trying to gain his fathers acceptance but can't even talk about what he does because his family looks down on it.
Poor little rich boy.

The Guinness Book of World Records declared the sound in question as "the rarest speech sound in the world". Linguists refer to it as a "rolled post-alveolar fricative". Apparently only Czech uses it. Even the native speakers sometimes need expert instruction in order to master it, so the chance of Luke nailing it is pretty slim.

To my (non Czech but Slavic-familiar) ears it sounds like a rolled R with some "zh" buzz mixed in.

Why do people hate Luke Thomas so much? It seems half the thread is talking shit about him?

Because its Sherdoggers that didn't even watch the clip. though Luke can get very authoritative on things so it's not too surprising they think he's matter of factly stating that's how it's pronounced rather than him simply saying he's been told that's how to say it but opting to refer to him using his last name instead.

Last edited:
This reminds me of when Cain debuted in the ufc and the announcers were calling him “Caieeen”

The Guinness Book of World Records declared the sound in question as "the rarest speech sound in the world". Linguists refer to it as a "rolled post-alveolar fricative". Apparently only Czech uses it. Even the native speakers sometimes need expert instruction in order to master it, so the chance of Luke nailing it is pretty slim.

To my (non Czech but Slavic-familiar) ears it sounds like a rolled R with some "zh" buzz mixed in.
I just watched a video on it. The rz we use in polish is the exact same sound. I imagine Slovakian probably has it.

Someone wrote that r is pronounced like 'rz' in polish.

If that's the case, the closest thing an American would understand is the French 'je' sound like in je mappelle.

To be more precise it's that j sound but with the tongue pressed forward in the mouth, instead of back
We do actually have that sound in English, and it's represented using the letter "S", for example: the word "FUSION" has that "jz" sound where the letter "S" is.

We do actually have that sound in English, and it's represented using the letter "S", for example: the word "FUSION" has that "jz" sound where the letter "S" is.

Caketime educating mothafuckas up in here lol.

I thought it as pronounced Jerry...

200.gif

And Luke Thomas is actually pronounced Ruke HoeMass

Back