Luke Thomas fires shots at "Donks"(Cruz commentary haters)

I like Rogan for his energy and passion, but he can't meaningfully break down technique in MMA beyond BJJ.

Fighters like Felder, DC, and Dom are far better at explaining the technical aspects and vulnerabilities.

I have no doubt Joe could explain every technical BBJ thing going on. That's just not his style.

I like Dom for the most part but he is biased sometimes.

Boring recognize boring

What is this guy's deal tho? Every couple weeks i give his videos a shot, just because I do generally enjoy his take and delivery. But eventually I can't take the amount of time he spends addressing "the haters". Why spend any time or mental energy on people who u clearly know are "clicking dislike" before u even started talking.

It's like going to a comedy show where the headliner pauses every joke to trash someone in the crowd for not paying enough attention or laughing hard enough.

he's right. People hate Cruz for much of the same reasons they hate Luke. Perceived snobbery. When it's really their own insecurity from being in the presence of their intellectual superiors.

It’s funny what passes for intellectual in the MMA community.

It's Luke's elitist, pseudo intellectual persona which makes fans not like him

It's those same qualities that make fans not want to hear Cruz's commentating.

Both are prickly, snobbish, and belittle people who don't agree with them.

It's no shocker Luke is talking shit about people who don't like Cruz in the booth.

On the subject matter though Cruz isn't pseudo anything, he's an expert former world champion.

absolutely

I listen to his podcast and he's got a good sense of humor and is self-deprecating and all that. Smokes his weed

it's weird, cause sometimes he can come off a bit aspy,
aKmfc9U.gif
and he does have a great mind for stats and stuff, but he's pretty good on his feet in a broadcast setting. He's also fantastic at name pronunciation, which is a big plus, for me.

why the fuck do people hate him so much?

Didn't realise he had a podcast, will check it out.

He did start off robotic and awkward when he first started but now he's one of my favourite MMA commentators.

he was pretty shit last event yeah, normally I'm a big fan of him commentating maybe all the hate is getting to him

Didn't realise he had a podcast, will check it out.

He did start off robotic and awkward when he first started but now he's one of my favourite MMA commentators.
it’s with Florian, another dude people seem to hate

yeah man give it a shot, I like it

The dude is an amazing analytical mind, but articulate? Did you listen to him this weekend? Cruz was stumbling after every word, and could barely piece together a sentence. He was also being very awkward/out of character. You can tell Anik was thrown off by the way he was responding to Cruz. I guess Cruz heard our criticism and has been trying to fake nice.
Not to mention his voice is like what a vagina would sound like if it could speak.

Luke is a condescending know-it-all douchebag. Could be Cruz' non-manlet twin brother

he's right. People hate Cruz for much of the same reasons they hate Luke. Perceived snobbery. When it's really their own insecurity from being in the presence of their intellectual superiors.

I have probably higher IQ than both Luke and Dom and I still dont like them.

Unfortunately most MMA fans are donks.

UFC should have broadcast teams instead of Anik with the flavor of the month unless its a really shitty card and then you get some vanilla nondescript white guy in Aniks chair.

People who want to be red pilled just have to listen to Rogan before and after fighters where added to the booth. Not the same guy lol, really started checking some of the nonsense he says. Bet he loves it when he's riding solo with Anik.

Rogan is more than a color commentator, he does play by play as well.

Anyone who doesn’t like Dom is probably a fucking idiot.

cruz is too biased to be a good commentator
also hes' too resentful seeing these able-bodied studs fight while he has to wear kids suits and talk into a microphone for eight hours so he doesn't tear his baby groin again

Damn, he definitely reads sherdog. This was just a recent thread right??

We should go through that thread and find Luke's forum name.

detail wise Cruz is excellent...... its just people prefer a Rogan or DC type that gets carried away and overly excited due to the action.

different strokes for different folks....... I really like Dom as a commentator, I prefer him to DC if Im honest.

And you are taking the casual, retard stance

See, you really are being a snobby hardcore, because to you, casual=retard. If you actually watched other sports, you'd know that they never use someone like Dom as a color commentator, because he just doesn't fit as a commentator. Commentators need to be fast and simple with their analysis, not only for the sake of the viewers (and the vast majority of viewers will always be casual fans of any sport), but also for the sake of flow.

I understand Dom just fine, but I still think he's a terrible color commentator. He belongs on the analysis desk.

Back