Luke Thomas fires shots at "Donks"(Cruz commentary haters)

Top Comments from his fans.

Jamie
1 hour ago
Cruz is at the bottom of my list. I thought he did a terrible job last night. Maybe Luke should go back and listen again.

SickKent
1 hour ago
Paul Felder was better than Cruz. Cruz is a shill.

Ned Modelo
1 hour ago
He flubbed it during Conor/Khabib.

D C
1 hour ago
No he's pretty bad

Edward Healey
1 hour ago
Joe Rogan is the best commentator in my book!

EyesCold AsIce
1 hour ago
Can't agree with you here. He steps on Anik, forgets fighters names, mixes up fighters names and is the same stale monotone throughout the fights. I'd much rather listen to DC.

Brian Abisdid
1 hour ago
Cruz is very boring to listen to. Joe Rogan is by far the best, the only other guy i like is DC & the mouth.

Jason Holden
1 hour ago
He really isn't...

Mr.Danky
1 hour ago
I prefer DC tbh
lol but they are Luke Thomas fans

"Conor is trying to tire out Khabib out by getting punched in the face"- Cruz

Lol. He worded that so poorly. Even if he worded it correctly "Conor is trying to let khabib punch himself out" it still would have been bad.

Definitely. Hardcore fans may understand it, but but a good color commentator needs to analyze what's happening and explain it in a way that's understandable to casuals.

I strongly disagree. A good color commentator should educate the casual audience in all aspects of mma and after a while, they should be able to follow what he is saying. It's not like he's a college professor talking advanced algebra to middle schoolers. If Cruz's commentary goes over your head then you are probably a retard.

Cruz is a dork and he's terrible. Luke is even worse.

I've always liked Cruz, he's a complete asshole but he lets everyone know he doesn't care what you think. You get no fake, kiss ass BS with Cruz. I'm also pretty convinced Luke has a sherdog account lurking around here somewhere.

I do not know why but when Cruz is commentating it annoys me. DC+Joe best combination in my mind <Oku04>

It's Luke's elitist, pseudo intellectual persona which makes fans not like him

It's those same qualities that make fans not want to hear Cruz's commentating.

Both are prickly, snobbish, and belittle people who don't agree with them.

It's no shocker Luke is talking shit about people who don't like Cruz in the booth.

I like Dom's commentary but hate Luke Thomas...don't know what to hate on right now.

My problem with Cruz is that he just drones on. He almost never predicts what will happen as the action is going on correctly. He has no chemistry with Anik.

My problem with Cruz is that he just drones on. He almost never predicts what will happen as the action is going on correctly. He has no chemistry with Anik.
He’s a contrarian. The majority of his content is disagreeing or pointing out what he thinks other people missed. It’s a damn annoying quality

I strongly disagree. A good color commentator should educate the casual audience in all aspects of mma and after a while, they should be able to follow what he is saying. It's not like he's a college professor talking advanced algebra to middle schoolers. If Cruz's commentary goes over your head then you are probably a retard.
You're taking the harcore, snob stance. There's a way to educate fans without sounding like a know it all douche. Cruz fails to do that. On top of that, he misses things constantly because he takes too long to explain everything. Finally, he has no chemistry with any of the other commentators. Add those all up, and he belongs behind the analyst desk, not the commentary table.

lol Anik is the best????
<{outtahere}>

Watch his post-fight interviews in the octagon. Guys is smooth af and quick witted.
You probably like people explaining everything to you in a fight, yawn. I can use my eyes. Anik is very cut and dry which is the best. No biases either.

Luke Thomas is useless. If he left the MMA world it would have zero impact on anything and nobody would miss him. Rogan is a god compared to that idiot.

His post-fight octagon interviews are good as well. He's really quick and smooth with his responses. Lol
absolutely

I listen to his podcast and he's got a good sense of humor and is self-deprecating and all that. Smokes his weed

it's weird, cause sometimes he can come off a bit aspy,
aKmfc9U.gif
and he does have a great mind for stats and stuff, but he's pretty good on his feet in a broadcast setting. He's also fantastic at name pronunciation, which is a big plus, for me.

why the fuck do people hate him so much?

Watch his post-fight interviews in the octagon. Guys is smooth af and quick witted.
You probably like people explaining everything to you in a fight, yawn. I can use my eyes. Anik is very cut and dry which is the best. No biases either.
I watched his post fight interviews and they are the creepiest thing I’ve ever seen in my life. Robotic, creepy, doesn’t give a chance to let the fighters emotion roll, touches them weird, stands too close sometimes and stares at them very weird. Guy is a creep

Back