Television Luke Skywalker series in early development for Disney+ **Spoilers**

Literally just took these pics yesterday at the office. Was gonna do a meme or something with Grogu, saying “I will finish what you started” with that pic of him and the Vader helmet

A2C73D3C-7C33-46B1-B71B-E569FAE07A49.jpeg 4E429F1E-6A35-4F1F-9D8B-B9B7D70D5C1C.jpeg

Looking for a laugh?

The Rise of Skywalker Makes It Clear Star Wars NEEDS Rian Johnson

Everything in Star Wars has become cultural mythology. Lightsabers are these holy relics, of sorts. In The Force Awakens, Maz Katana giving Rey the legacy lightsaber becomes this glorified passing of the torch added to the fact that the weapon, apparently, can trigger visions in her brain. This is seen as the lightsaber calling to her. In The Last Jedi, Luke tosses that lightsaber over his shoulder like it doesn't matter. From film to film, it goes to "holy relic" to unimportant trash.

This is a terrific decision. As The Last Jedi argues, characters like Luke Skywalker are elevated into myth when they probably shouldn't be. Luke is treated like a messiah by everyone around him -- both in and out of the fandom -- yet he really did precious little in the original trilogy to merit this reputation. He is a Jedi, yes, who does defeat Darth Vader and helps bring Anakin to the light. However, Palpatine easily overpowers him with Force Lightning in Return of the Jedi. He makes little impact in any of his major battles -- save for the destruction of the Death Star in A New Hope. What Johnson proved is that the legend of heroics and the reputation surrounding them are always larger than the reality. Luke wins the final battle of The Last Jedi not with strength, but with wisdom. The lightsaber doesn't matter. The idea of it, however, does.

No biggie, just defeated Darth Vader and blew up a death star. All hype.

I found the problem with that opinion piece;

About The Author
Anthony Gramuglia (1169 Articles Published)

Earned my MFA from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Written for The Mary Sue, ScreenRant, The Anime Feminist, The Gamer, and Vocal. Lifelong lover of comics, anime, and weird films. Loves different varieties of coffee.

Sounds like one of them woke pricks.

Looking for a laugh?

Everything in Star Wars has become cultural mythology. Lightsabers are these holy relics, of sorts. In The Force Awakens, Maz Katana giving Rey the legacy lightsaber becomes this glorified passing of the torch added to the fact that the weapon, apparently, can trigger visions in her brain. This is seen as the lightsaber calling to her. In The Last Jedi, Luke tosses that lightsaber over his shoulder like it doesn't matter. From film to film, it goes to "holy relic" to unimportant trash.

This is a terrific decision. As The Last Jedi argues, characters like Luke Skywalker are elevated into myth when they probably shouldn't be. Luke is treated like a messiah by everyone around him -- both in and out of the fandom -- yet he really did precious little in the original trilogy to merit this reputation. He is a Jedi, yes, who does defeat Darth Vader and helps bring Anakin to the light. However, Palpatine easily overpowers him with Force Lightning in Return of the Jedi. He makes little impact in any of his major battles -- save for the destruction of the Death Star in A New Hope. What Johnson proved is that the legend of heroics and the reputation surrounding them are always larger than the reality. Luke wins the final battle of The Last Jedi not with strength, but with wisdom. The lightsaber doesn't matter. The idea of it, however, does.

Hahhahaa

Luke literally brings down the empire himself. He rescued Leia and pretty much lured the Death Star to Yavin by doing so, then personally blew the fuckin thing up.

He also lured the emperor to Endor, no way that happens if Luke isn’t there to be coverted to the dark side. And the whole plot of ESB revolves around how the empire was panicking, they rammed a fleet into an asteroid field looking for Luke.

Who else has more of an impact on the story?

Last edited:
Looking for a laugh?

I found the problem with that opinion piece;

About The Author
Anthony Gramuglia (1169 Articles Published)

Earned my MFA from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Written for The Mary Sue, ScreenRant, The Anime Feminist, The Gamer, and Vocal. Lifelong lover of comics, anime, and weird films. Loves different varieties of coffee.

Sounds like one of them woke pricks.
Go look at a picture of the article writer. Definitely looks like the kind of guy who holds a sign stating why he needs feminism in his life.

Conversely, I can probably bet Rian Johnson will take the sudden outpouring of love from the fandom as a victory for himself. He'll surmise that if it weren't for his subverting Luke Skywalker, there would have been no impact of his arrival in the Mandalorian. That's how much of an egotistical prick he is. Such a punchable face.

Go look at a picture of the article writer. Definitely looks like the kind of guy who holds a sign stating why he needs feminism in his life.

Conversely, I can probably bet Rian Johnson will take the sudden outpouring of love from the fandom as a victory for himself. He'll surmise that if it weren't for his subverting Luke Skywalker, there would have been no impact of his arrival in the Mandalorian. That's how much of an egotistical prick he is. Such a punchable face.

He’d be right to a degree. He teed it up for Favreau to knock it out of the park. Like, DuGaulle never becomes a leader of the French resistance without that historically embarrassing surrender

He’d be right to a degree. He teed it up for Favreau to knock it out of the park. Like, DuGaulle never becomes a leader of the French resistance without that historically embarrassing surrender

Figured I'd might as well make a meme out of it.......
thanks.jpg

Last edited:
Figured I'd might as well make a meme out of it.......
View attachment 821964

tumblr_mqdwtrEjPn1qcga5ro1_500.gif

You got that right.

7855565.jpg

You never want the guy who's so bad he makes another guy look great.

I thought Rian Johnson's face was punchable. Here's this dude saying, "hold my beer".

Apparently Comicsgate singled him out.

I'm not sure how I feel about them in general, but the fact they're in opposition to him specifically isn't a surprise.

Apparently Comicsgate singled him out.

I'm not sure how I feel about them in general, but the fact they're in opposition to him specifically isn't a surprise.

I've seen them exposed as holocaust deniers and all the other sorts of horrible alt-right crap you'd suspect, on more than one occasion. Their ranks are full of truly putrid individuals.

I've seen them exposed as holocaust deniers and all the other sorts of horrible alt-right crap you'd suspect, on more than one occasion. Their ranks are full of truly putrid individuals.

That isn't surprising.

Oh well, even a broken clock and all that.

Back