Television Luke Skywalker series in early development for Disney+ **Spoilers**

Funny how all those reacting are 35 or under (I guess that's common for Youtubers).

I should've recorded MY reaction. I'm not a SW nerd, but on May 25, 1977 my cousin happened to babysit my siblings and me. So, rather than try to entertain us at home, he took us to see some new movie I knew nothing about...

That movie was ANH.

I was 7.

Needless to say, I grew up with the movies and had (almost) all the toys. All of these:

header.jpg

f2017a2fcc551f7460d00bc39a2af823.jpg
8d2da5d20b40edf948e0366fb105581b.jpg
oTjNM8BiwqOS0LpmE93BQ_Q59vut5SBgboArRlDRUYhk8asXA4ZxPf21YGQAC3xRV3gfxrdvxMCeAEuaycv706SEo0xxPEPvDaW2SkWNqa0ykOgPJg

images

81NH4AbBZoL._AC_SY450_.jpg

L0YEOLv0mYmeP6m6m0SxPk9YWp3so_DPx4sdGwcE2-zxTjNeGKR3JMLrY3AQbKg5aQXKHuds8GdeP0juJ_Ij

s-l400.jpg

c9ca93e2be1a4bede42c78e83f6d65bd.jpg
jabba_vintage3.jpg

Attack-Base.jpg
117f246f2bd514a2f32a0b9988d2f7bf.jpg

plus a lot more, but you get the idea.

We also had >120 figures, but my brother and I each had one of these to keep our favorites in:

766a0bb77921d5ebf9853da25eeb2ae9.jpg

Hell, the first time I ever got high off modelling glue was from building this:

s-l1600.jpg
sp_r2d2_parts.jpg

All that to say, I'd be more interested in seeing the reactions of people who grew up with the releases of the OT. The people that LIVED it.

TL/DR: My parents tried to buy my love through the purchase of a LOT of Star Wars toys.

I would have tried to hang out at your house every day no matter what you thought of it

I’ll be shocked if Lucy Skirtwalker is portrayed as a straight white male.

Yup KK and Rian and any idiot who defended the usage of Luke just got wrecked here. And I remember having arguements on here with idiots who thought the usage of Luke was fine in the last jedi.

You did NOT get reactions like this from watching Luke act like an ass on that island.

I was on the edge of my seat when the Jedi showed up. When it dawned on me it was Luke i was smiling like the Cheshire Cat.

What a pile of shit The Last Jedi was.

I was on the edge of my seat when the Jedi showed up. When it dawned on me it was Luke i was smiling like the Cheshire Cat.

What a pile of shit The Last Jedi was.

This guy had a very similar reaction as I did. And the only explanation is that it's all I wanted to see and it made me feel like a kid again for those 7 minutes. Awesome because that's what movies are suppose to do.

This guy had an amazingly funny reaction;

I really hope it's evident to Disney that they fucked up with the sequels. Badly.

I've been talking about Luke and Vader for almost 40 years.

When Luke fought Vader for the first time, he had never been in a duel before. Ever. That's like spending a year hitting pads and stepping into the ring with Muhammad Ali. Even though Vader was taking it easy on Luke trying to turn him, he was still one of the most dangerous duelists in Galactic history and Luke managed to briefly hold his own and even wounded Vader.

The second time they fought Luke completely outclassed Vader. This was the second time Luke had been in a duel, fighting someone who had fought and killed untold numbers of Jedi. If you believe Vader was taking it easy on Luke surely you accept that Luke wasn't trying to kill Vader, he was there to bring him back to the light side of the Force. When Vader gets the psychological edge and manages to tip Luke closer to the dark side, Luke completely overwhelms Vader and dominates him. Second. Duel. Ever.

Obviously as the Star Wars universe has been explored and canon developed, there have been thousands of discussions of saber techniques and force abilities. The intricacies of combat between force users are well documented. The cinematic universe doesn't really care about any of that. It has always been about surrendering yourself to The Force and acting as a conduit. Luke learning to fight blind wearing a helmet, turning off his sights to score the fatal shot on the death star. Jedi deflecting blaster shots they could never possibly see.

When Luke was learning to fight blind he was learning to trust The Force, he wasn't learning the correct saber positions he needed to deflect blaster fire. Yoda's most important lessons to Luke were belief and trust, it all came down to that. My single favorite scene in the entire saga was Yoda raising the X-wing. "Do, or do not. There is no try" and "that is why you fail" are probably the most important things Yoda ever said to Luke, and while he was stubborn, Luke learned those lessons.

From a strictly narrative perspective, Ahsoka can't ever beat Luke. Luke is the core of Star Wars, he's the most important force for good in the universe. He's us. Ahsoka appearing on The Mandalorian was exhilarating, Luke's appearance was cathartic. It was the single most significant event in Star Wars since Return of the Jedi.
I teared up reading this.

When Luke fought Vader for the first time, he had never been in a duel before. Ever. That's like spending a year hitting pads and stepping into the ring with Muhammad Ali. Even though Vader was taking it easy on Luke trying to turn him, he was still one of the most dangerous duelists in Galactic history and Luke managed to briefly hold his own and even wounded Vader.

The second time they fought Luke completely outclassed Vader. This was the second time Luke had been in a duel, fighting someone who had fought and killed untold numbers of Jedi. If you believe Vader was taking it easy on Luke surely you accept that Luke wasn't trying to kill Vader, he was there to bring him back to the light side of the Force. When Vader gets the psychological edge and manages to tip Luke closer to the dark side, Luke completely overwhelms Vader and dominates him. Second. Duel. Ever.

Obviously as the Star Wars universe has been explored and canon developed, there have been thousands of discussions of saber techniques and force abilities. The intricacies of combat between force users are well documented. The cinematic universe doesn't really care about any of that. It has always been about surrendering yourself to The Force and acting as a conduit. Luke learning to fight blind wearing a helmet, turning off his sights to score the fatal shot on the death star. Jedi deflecting blaster shots they could never possibly see.

When Luke was learning to fight blind he was learning to trust The Force, he wasn't learning the correct saber positions he needed to deflect blaster fire. Yoda's most important lessons to Luke were belief and trust, it all came down to that. My single favorite scene in the entire saga was Yoda raising the X-wing. "Do, or do not. There is no try" and "that is why you fail" are probably the most important things Yoda ever said to Luke, and while he was stubborn, Luke learned those lessons.

From a strictly narrative perspective, Ahsoka can't ever beat Luke. Luke is the core of Star Wars, he's the most important force for good in the universe. He's us. Ahsoka appearing on The Mandalorian was exhilarating, Luke's appearance was cathartic. It was the single most significant event in Star Wars since Return of the Jedi.
At this point Luke was totally trying to kill Vader, he lost control and almost did. He regained control after seeing Vader wounded and Palp telling him to kill him. No doubt Luke was incredibly talented, pulling off things that took most Jedi years and years of training to do. I think you are right about Luke, about his trust in the force and all. He did great in his second duel ever, I still think if Vader wanted him dead from the beginning he wouldn’t have lasted long enough to rage on Vader.

This guy had a very similar reaction as I did. And the only explanation is that it's all I wanted to see and it made me feel like a kid again for those 7 minutes. Awesome because that's what movies are suppose to do.

I really hope it's evident to Disney that they fucked up with the sequels. Badly.

Star Wars Theory is great. Not surprised by his reaction considering how passionate he is about Star Wars. Funny that just when you think he can't get any more emotional R2 comes beeping around the corner.

What Favreau and Filoni crafted was incredible and they made lot's of people very happy.

I don't know if you're teasing, but I spent more than an hour writing that post, most of which was editing. The things I had in me to say came out in a flood, the hard part was choosing what wasn't important enough to leave in.
Even though I 90% agreed with you and not 100% it was a really good post.

What Favreau and Filoni crafted was incredible and they made lot's of people very happy.

Stuckman commented on fan service in The Mandalorian.

He said that the show had earned it. It put in the work and developed a strong story, and these moments fit seamlessly. Everything they did with these characters felt natural, nothing forced.

They're both virgins and I don't think they would be able to keep from kissing if their faces got all close in a lightsaber battle; then it's a sex fight and who the hell knows how that might go with Jedi people

1GsW.gif

He'd do a different kind of Force "push" amirite?

probably the best one.

TL/DR: My parents tried to buy my love through the purchase of a LOT of Star Wars toys.
And it worked 100%.
<{jackyeah}>

Return Luke beat Vader.

The prequels made lightsaber combat look flashier, that's all. The Vader Luke beat is the one that wrecked shop in Rogue One, also the one that toyed with Ahsoka.
Vader wasn't toying with Ahsoka. He was giving as good as he got. I'll admit he might have won eventually, but she got her shots in. The fact that the temple was blowing up and Ezra pulled her into TWBW, makes it so that we'll never know how it would have ended.
<Prem771>
You can take that to the bank.

Vader wasn't toying with Ahsoka. He was giving as good as he got. I'll admit he might have won eventually, but she got her shots in. The fact that the temple was blowing up and Ezra pulled her into TWBW, makes it so that we'll never know how it would have ended.
<Prem771>
You can take that to the bank.

She was a distraction from his mission. He beat her almost immediately but didn't finish her so he could complete that mission. While he was still focused on his goal she attacked him from behind.

She was on the back foot the entire fight except when she attacked him from behind.

I accept checks and money orders.

I don't know if you're teasing, but I spent more than an hour writing that post, most of which was editing. The things I had in me to say came out in a flood, the hard part was choosing what wasn't important enough to leave in.
Dead serious. You captured every feeling and emotion I have about this nerdy thing called Star Wars.

Controlling the force is about controlling fate. It’s far more than simple tricks and nonsense. Being strong enough in the force will change people around you subtly, they make different choices and get involved in rebellions they otherwise had no interest in, they abandon their position as the right hand of the emperor of the galaxy...

Strength in the force means victory

Looking for a laugh?

The Rise of Skywalker Makes It Clear Star Wars NEEDS Rian Johnson

Everything in Star Wars has become cultural mythology. Lightsabers are these holy relics, of sorts. In The Force Awakens, Maz Katana giving Rey the legacy lightsaber becomes this glorified passing of the torch added to the fact that the weapon, apparently, can trigger visions in her brain. This is seen as the lightsaber calling to her. In The Last Jedi, Luke tosses that lightsaber over his shoulder like it doesn't matter. From film to film, it goes to "holy relic" to unimportant trash.

This is a terrific decision. As The Last Jedi argues, characters like Luke Skywalker are elevated into myth when they probably shouldn't be. Luke is treated like a messiah by everyone around him -- both in and out of the fandom -- yet he really did precious little in the original trilogy to merit this reputation. He is a Jedi, yes, who does defeat Darth Vader and helps bring Anakin to the light. However, Palpatine easily overpowers him with Force Lightning in Return of the Jedi. He makes little impact in any of his major battles -- save for the destruction of the Death Star in A New Hope. What Johnson proved is that the legend of heroics and the reputation surrounding them are always larger than the reality. Luke wins the final battle of The Last Jedi not with strength, but with wisdom. The lightsaber doesn't matter. The idea of it, however, does.

No biggie, just defeated Darth Vader and blew up a death star. All hype.

Funny how all those reacting are 35 or under (I guess that's common for Youtubers).

I should've recorded MY reaction. I'm not a SW nerd, but on May 25, 1977 my cousin happened to babysit my siblings and me. So, rather than try to entertain us at home, he took us to see some new movie I knew nothing about...

That movie was ANH.

I was 7.

Needless to say, I grew up with the movies and had (almost) all the toys. All of these:

header.jpg

f2017a2fcc551f7460d00bc39a2af823.jpg
8d2da5d20b40edf948e0366fb105581b.jpg
oTjNM8BiwqOS0LpmE93BQ_Q59vut5SBgboArRlDRUYhk8asXA4ZxPf21YGQAC3xRV3gfxrdvxMCeAEuaycv706SEo0xxPEPvDaW2SkWNqa0ykOgPJg

images

81NH4AbBZoL._AC_SY450_.jpg

L0YEOLv0mYmeP6m6m0SxPk9YWp3so_DPx4sdGwcE2-zxTjNeGKR3JMLrY3AQbKg5aQXKHuds8GdeP0juJ_Ij

s-l400.jpg

c9ca93e2be1a4bede42c78e83f6d65bd.jpg
jabba_vintage3.jpg

Attack-Base.jpg
117f246f2bd514a2f32a0b9988d2f7bf.jpg

plus a lot more, but you get the idea.

We also had >120 figures, but my brother and I each had one of these to keep our favorites in:

766a0bb77921d5ebf9853da25eeb2ae9.jpg

Hell, the first time I ever got high off modelling glue was from building this:

s-l1600.jpg
sp_r2d2_parts.jpg

All that to say, I'd be more interested in seeing the reactions of people who grew up with the releases of the OT. The people that LIVED it.

Grew up with them, saw the originals in the theatre

Also, had all those toys as well. I've actually carried it into my adult years. Many people know me on here, and my office is decorated with Star Wars memorabilia. I still collect, was just today considering pulling the trigger on purchasing a Mace Windu light saber hilt, to join my others

Back