Television Luke Skywalker series in early development for Disney+ **Spoilers**

jerzey devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
@Gold
Reaction score
https://fandomwire.com/luke-skywalker-series-in-development-at-disney-exclusive/

FandomWire can exclusively reveal that Lucasfilm and Disney+ are in the early stages of developing a Luke Skywalker series set around the time era of The Mandalorian! Having been kept a secret in The Mandalorian’s second season finale, Mark Hamill surprised fans with a de-aged look of the character. No word on who is set to direct or produce but as we said this project is in early development.

For all these reports, it’s important to stress that “In-Development” means teams connected to Lucasfilm are prepping and writing the following projects. It does not guarantee they will all make it to air.

There are talks being held on if Mark Hamill should return with the de-ageing technology, but right now, the studio is leaning towards a recast due to the expense and current imperfections of the technology. Falcon and the Winter Soldierstar Sebastian Stan is one name being considered for the role of the iconic Jedi. That casting would be sure to make fans very happy. Though it may be a recast, we’re told Mark Hamill is more than willing to let Sebastian Stan play his character. We’ll see what happens as things develop.

absolutely gigantic universe and we get the same 3-4 characters for close to half a century now.
time to let Luke rest, you money grabbing whores from DIsney.

Star Wars fans have been wanting to see Jedi master Luke fuck shit up for almost 40 years now. This is exactly what they should have done while Mark Hamill was still young. Instead they made the prequel trilogy.

absolutely gigantic universe and we get the same 3-4 characters for close to half a century now.

They gonna milk this for a 100 years bud. And after the Rey dog shit they got to appease the fans and nostolgia is a in the bank guarantee.

Yep. I never got this either. DIsney needs to drop all the characters from the films and create something new in the universe.

It's why Mandalorian is so refreshing.

This is why people like the Mandalorian and Rogue One. They expand the star wars universe. Under Disney and Kathleen 'the force is female' a Kennedy, most of the star wars they put out it's the same storylines and characters over and over. There are so many good star wars stories from the EU yet they keep milking the same 'safe' IPs
0pmhcznm7o011.png

Plus, after what they did to Luke in the new trilogy I shudder to think that else they'll butcher his character
giphy.gif

Last edited:
No. The only glimpse of full powered Jedi Luke was that 5 min clip in Mando series finale. I am fine with a Luke series an even welcome it AS LONG AS THEY CAST A LIVE ACTION TO PLAY LUKE and not CGI. Sebastian Stan would be perfect an already in disney family.

Think they are really missing mark tho. Luke should be a movie Trilogy not just a series as theres 35 years to pull from between roj an TFA.

Meh. The sequels have ruined Luke. We know that everything he's done amounts to shit in the end when he randomly decides to murder his sleeping nephew.

Awesome. They could show the lesser known adventures of Luke and the Fishman.
latest

Last edited:
Star Wars fans have been wanting to see Jedi master Luke fuck shit up for almost 40 years now. This is exactly what they should have done while Mark Hamill was still young. Instead they made the prequel trilogy.
too late. i don't want to watch some stupid cgi deepfake that you have no real emotional involvement with since you know he has plot armour and nothing really can hurt him. no bro, i want something bigger.
Gigantic ships, speeding through space, with nobody at the helm and no discernible destination, more a natural event than a construct. You can't tell the robots apart from the humans, and why would you.A Coruscant as a den of vice, murder and awe.
A Death Star flickers and planets explode in a blossom of terrifying beauty. The cold, airless void of space drowns out the screams, the universe doesn’t notice the people on it were even there. There is no Force, only force, and the stars glitter like needles.

Fuck all this baby yoda bullshit.

You guys are wrong.

Give us the Luke we have craved for so long - same time, build on other stories, like the Mandalorian, Thrawn, Ezra and Ahsoka etc. to expand the universe. The Clone Wars and Rebels animated has given so much potential that is now finally coming to a live action result. They have the right two guys helming this in F&F.

I want a Luke with the look in his eye, wrecking fucking shop while developing his relationship with his sister, Han, his wife, whatever they decide to do.

At the same time, introduce other characters and gauge the publics response for more stories - this is the way to repair the damage of the Sequel Trilogy. Maybe, just maybe, they decanonize that trilogy and once and for all wash that vile, putrid taste out of our collective mouths.

too late. i don't want to watch some stupid cgi deepfake that you have no real emotional involvement with since you know he has plot armour and nothing really can hurt him. no bro, i want something bigger.
Gigantic ships, speeding through space, with nobody at the helm and no discernible destination, more a natural event than a construct. You can't tell the robots apart from the humans, and why would you.A Coruscant as a den of vice, murder and awe.
A Death Star flickers and planets explode in a blossom of terrifying beauty. The cold, airless void of space drowns out the screams, the universe doesn’t notice the people on it were even there. There is no Force, only force, and the stars glitter like needles.

Fuck all this baby yoda bullshit.

Sounds like you want Star Trek.

Sounds like you want Star Trek.
absolutely not. i want a grownup star wars. not one which is just an accounting plan to extract money from fans by either playing out to nostalgia or to dumb infantile tropes like baby yoda.

With Hammill's known hate for the sequels. I feel like the rumor of them using the mandalorian to undo the sequels is accurate

I'd be more excited about a Joker story with Hamill on board.

My kid was hoping the big jedi cameo last week was going to be Mace Windu.

Back