Media Luke Sanders KO Renan Barao GIFS

3NrjD.gif
3NrjE.gif
3NrjF.gif

PUNCHED HIM RIGHT INTO RETIREMENT JOE!!!!

God i miss , Goldie

He was out after the 2nd punch on the ground.

There was no mercy in the dojo tonight.

weight cutting issues and two long extended beatings not only ruined his MMA career but most likely his life outside the fight game.

What have you seen from him as a person to indicate that his life will most likely be ruined outside of the fight game?

Barao tired out as usual. He stopped moving his feet and stood in front of Sanders like he was in quick sand. With his chin he always has to mind his defense. When he gets tired he is very hittable.

What have you seen from him as a person to indicate that his life will most likely be ruined outside of the fight game?
The fact that he is a punching bag - and CTE is a real issue.

Maybe not now but getting your head bounced around all the time nowadays is not good.

barao's downfall hits me particularly hard as I used to bet heavy on him EVERY fight.

its time for Renan Barao to open his own school. A gym. Get into something else. Hes on 4 fight losing streak. it doesn't mean hes not a good fighter or doesnt offer a lot to up and comers, but he's officially done

Been fighting since 2005 - 14 years in octagon. WTF
No need to do that and go up against young guys out for blood.

The fact that he is a punching bag - and CTE is a real issue.

Maybe not now but getting your head bounced around all the time nowadays is not good.

Definitely agree, Barao has clearly taken too much damage to continue fighting at the highest level at this point. He doesn't recover from getting tagged anymore. He's stuck in the mud after the first decent shot.

I just haven't seen anything from him that would make me think the damage has affected him cognitively or hindered his ability to function outside of the cage. Of course, CTE could just set in at any moment or years down the line but there are guys like Overeem or Mir who are as lucid as ever after a ton of KOs and then other dudes who are punch drunk without ever having had their lights shut off. Hopefully Barao falls into the former category.

Sanders is no joke either... Barao should retire or try onefc.

Back