Luke Rockhold's size gonna help him against Weidman?

LOL Yes.

Weidman out struck Silva 2x and Machida. Who has Rockhold out struck? Uh, Costas? lol. While getting KTFO by Vitor.

This. Let's not pretend Rockhold has done anywhere near as good against truly elite strikers as Weidman has.

These are both big MW I don't see size being a determining factor.

I see Chris' slightly better hands being the factor in this one. Everything else cancels out. Weidman has good kick defense so I'm not too worried about rockholds kicks.

He is just a little taller , but he is not stronger than Weidman. So no.

Luke was getting lit up by Machida before the slip and brutal ground and pound that basically took the life out of Lyoto in the 1st. He wasn't doing good at all. His kicks won't be enough against Weidman who is the far better striker and it'll show when they fight. Chris will have the takedown threat as well and Luke will be getting backed up and pressured constantly. He isn't triangling or guillotining Chris so he better have a better answer for when it does go to the ground.

Tough fight but very winnable for the champ. I have Weidman knocking him out in round 2 or 3 either standing or with GNP.

Weidman did not out kick Machida. Machida's body kicks we're very damaging.

Watch again.. Weidman threw more kicks in round one then Lyoto did the entire fight. Some fairly good ones to the body too. He's defence with Machida's kicks was great too. Not taking anything away from Lyoto, the guy is a fantastic kick, but Chris more than held his own against him!

Did you not read? Weidman 6'2 - Rockhold 6'3 and strong too.

Weidmans other opponents have been smaller og thinner than him.

Same as Rockhold's opponents :D Machida, Belfort and Phillippou are not huge middleweights.

If luke has a reach advantage...it could be troublesome for teh Chris...

THe only way Weidman wins is if he takes Luke down and can keep him down.Makes you wonder how a guy bigger than Weidman (if this is true) can have endless cardio? Weidman has low T. Maybe that is it.

At first o thought Weidman would walk through him, buy after seeing what Rockhard did to cheetah, I dunno.

Did you not read? Weidman 6'2 - Rockhold 6'3 and strong too.

Weidmans other opponents have been smaller og thinner than him.

You missed the joke. He was likely referring to the infamous pic...

Most of Rockhold's weight is comprised of penis. So, ironically, Weidman will overwhelm him with size.

The Chris has the reach advantage. The only advantage cockhold has is the cardio and the kicks from hell.

tumblr_nerqn0OBfR1sqg5w2o1_1280.jpg
Thank you

Everyone that sees Weidman in real life is always stunned because of his huge 6'2 frame for a middleweight.

But Rockhold is 6'3, muscular and strong too. Has Weidman faced another middleweight as big and skilled as Rockhold? Will this effect the fight?

Personally I think Weidman is more skilled than Rockhold, even though this will be very interesting ;-)

Rockhold is bigger, stronger, and more skilled. Weidman is yesterday's news.

Back