Luke Rockhold's size gonna help him against Weidman?

Der Ulrich

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Everyone that sees Weidman in real life is always stunned because of his huge 6'2 frame for a middleweight.

But Rockhold is 6'3, muscular and strong too. Has Weidman faced another middleweight as big and skilled as Rockhold? Will this effect the fight?

Personally I think Weidman is more skilled than Rockhold, even though this will be very interesting ;-)

Sure, size and strength matter.

Rockholds cardio is his biggest assest though. Weidmans better at everything else, regardless of size.

Unless penis fencing is part of the gameplan, no.

Rockholds cardio is his biggest assest though. Weidmans better at everything else, regardless of size.

Rockhold's kicking game is better too; Chris kicks like my grandpa.

I like Weidman a lot, but the more I look at it, the more I see Luke coming out on top.

Yes, Weidman knocked out Silva and wrecked Munoz, but he didn't exactly dominate Machida, and he took Vitor quickly to the ground.

I think Luke could have a bit of a kicking advantage and he's pretty underrated on the ground. Weidman isn't going to be able to just take him down if things start to go badly on the feet.

But man Weidman's good at BJJ and wrestling too. Fuck, I dunno. Had a change of heart, picking Weidman after all. Better boxing and he'll pressure Luke into making mistakes.

And to answer your question: yes, size and strength does matter, and as that "Take one for the team" pic illustrated, Luke should have an advantage over Weidman in that respect.

I do agree. Weidman is pretty big, but I think that Rockhold can actually generate more leverage in clinch situations. I'm looking forward to seeing who wins the clinchgame and whether Weidman can take it to the ground. If he get's it to the ground he might have a tiny advantage, but I think Rockhold is good enough defensively to not be submitted. Standing up, I think Rockhold takes it by a small margin. It's going to be a close one in any case. Looking forward to it.

Rockhold's kicking game is better too; Chris kicks like my grandpa.

Meh I meant overall games. Like striking, wrestling, and BJJ. But you're right.

Weidmans kicks have been getting a lot better. He out kicked Machida.

Luke is much thicker and pretty much go hard for 5 rounds no doubt. Weidman past opponents although some what impressive had very flaccid cardio

tumblr_nerqn0OBfR1sqg5w2o1_1280.jpg

Weidman has never shown impressive cardio, whereas Luke's heart rate is absurdly low. He should have a big cardio edge.

I see this going to decision so cardio will matter a lot.

Rockhold and Jacare are IMO Weidman's toughest matchups in the division. I think this is 50/50.
Meh I meant overall games. Like striking, wrestling, and BJJ. But you're right.

Weidmans kicks have been getting a lot better. He out kicked Machida.
Weidman did not out kick Machida. Machida's body kicks we're very damaging.

Rockhold's kicks will matter because it's hard to punch Weidman, but Rockhold should have the kicking game to land.

"help" in which way?....like gay stuff?

Yeah it will help him its not like Luke Rockhold is just a brawler with no technique.

So the added size will may help him stop getting bullied by Wideman.

Weidman is bigger, a little bit wider than rockhold who is pretty tall but not very wide, I think Weidman is the stronger guy.

LOL No.

Rockhold is a very credible striker while Weidman is very proficient. Plus Rockhold holds the length advantage.

This is a very interesting fight, I'd give the edge on the feet to Rockhold and the Grappling to Chris.

Will be a terrific fight, can't wait.

Rockhold's southpaw kicking represents a challenge for most orthodox fighters. However Weidman is a pressure fighter and obviously knows this. Chris has heavy hands inside and the clinch will most likely end up his. Rockhold knows this, so he will try to keep it standing with angles. Chris cuts angles beautifully.

Chris via TKO prior to Round 4.

LOL No.

Rockhold is a very credible striker while Weidman is very proficient. Plus Rockhold holds the length advantage.

This is a very interesting fight, I'd give the edge on the feet to Rockhold and the Grappling to Chris.

Will be a terrific fight, can't wait.

LOL Yes.

Weidman out struck Silva 2x and Machida. Who has Rockhold out struck? Uh, Costas? lol. While getting KTFO by Vitor.

Back