Luke Rockhold wants to fight Costa at Ufc on Fox7

People said Tim would beat Costa now Luck will beat Costa lol I been watching him since his debut I hope he continues outting together W and impressive ones at that just cause the lack of respect he gets

[QUOTE="Rush";78500095]Rockhold would beat Philippou without much trouble, a good showcase fight for him.[/QUOTE]

don't make presumptions

So Rockhold was all injured and unable to fight Larkin, but when an opportunity to get on live national television comes up, he's all healed up? It may be true that Strikeforce/Showtime screwed him during what may have been the best years of his career (we'll see), but the situation is shady. I understand that he had time to get well since his injuries, but calling out someone the day after it's announced that he's signed is just too convenient.

I am so with you. Every fighter tries to game the system to get the fight they want where they want it, but it is simply not acceptable to use a non-existent or insubstantial injury as an excuse to get out of a fight. Sounds like his wrist was just, shall we say, a little limp rather than injured.

Calling out Costa makes things worse. Instead of fighting on the last Strikeforce card and creating his own momentum, like Cormier, Rockhold is looking to steal some of Costa's big mo'. I say hell no.

hahah i see he doesn't want to fight Jacare again. he knows it would be a very different outcome.

Makes sense, Silva obviously wants Bisping to win, Lombard, Belfort, Bisping, Okami are all booked, Weidman is still on the bench with his injury, so a guy like Costa is perfect for him, he's top ten, he's good but not great, if he beats him he can ask for a title or be 1 fight away from one, so it's probably the best move

Makes sense, Silva obviously wants Bisping to win, Lombard, Belfort, Bisping, Okami are all booked, Weidman is still on the bench with his injury, so a guy like Costa is perfect for him, he's top ten, he's good but not great, if he beats him he can ask for a title or be 1 fight away from one, so it's probably the best move

beat costa and get a title shot? no i don't think so.

People said Tim would beat Costa now Luck will beat Costa lol I been watching him since his debut I hope he continues outting together W and impressive ones at that just cause the lack of respect he gets

people also thought tim actually beat lombard.

Good fight, makes sense.

I wonder if Hardy/Brown would be on the main card or the FX prelims.

My perfect card would be

Bendo/Gilbert
DC/Mir
Luke/Costa
AG/Mousasi

Then put Hardy/Brown and maybe fights like Cung Le/Belcher on FX.

Alex vs Mousasi is a shitty match up for business, Gus needs 1 win to fight Jones, no need to put up against a top guy most have never even heard of, winner of Suga and Nog should fight alex, while Mousasi fights a thiago silva type of guy before he gets the big names

beat costa and get a title shot? no i don't think so.

Chael, diaz and Edgar are coming of losses, it's not that crazy considering he's the SF champion which could be advertised and have randoms thinking it's a big deal, realistically if he got a shot at AS a couple of months ago not many would even be complaining because he's the champ over at SF

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

UFC on Fox 7 is becoming stacked with former Strikeforce fighters. I like Rockhold. I'm looking forward to seeing how he matches up with the top UFC MWs.

It would so so fucking funny if Costa won I can already see the pages full of threads :D

To me, this sounds like a good fight for Rockhold, who is coming back from an injury layoff.

It this happens, UFC on FOX 7 will be stacked.

[QUOTE="Rush";78500095]Rockhold would beat Philippou without much trouble, a good showcase fight for him.[/QUOTE]

I've gotta think the same thing at this point, id like to see them both climb one more rung up the ladder each before they collide

You can do better than that Luke.

i dont want to come off bitchy b/c i like when guys call out who they want, but this is the first thing that came to my mind...

SF MW champ calls out Costa...i guess it makes sense timing wise, but i would think he should be calling out the guys closest to the title shot.

either way i like this fight alot

Costa is top 15 for sure, but he's also 5'11", Rockhold's 6'3". Rockhold also has unfinished business with Larkin and Jacare.

I prefer the Jacare rematch.

Sure. The winner can be one top 5/10 win from a title shot (not that Costa seems like he really deserves such things, but it would be the only logical step for him to keep stepping up in comp.).

lol this. Rockhold must not think that high of himself.. but there arent many other top 10 MWs that arent already booked for a fight.

Costa has 5 consecutive wins, the last one against Boetsch who was being talked about for a title shot after beating 2 legit contenders. Phillipou is a great fight to book for Rockhold and will tell us a lot about where Luke fits into the division. I dont know why people are talking like he's some kind of can.

Back