Luke Rockhold wants to fight Costa at Ufc on Fox7

after Costas last win there were lot's of fans coming out of the woodwork to throw him into title contention and putting him in the top 10, if Weidman is injured and other fighters are booked then props to Luke for taking a less than top guy, yet still a dangerous fighter instead of playing the waiting game.

I've got no problem with this fight. It's another good test for Luke, and we'll get to see how Costa's boxing looks against a good striker. Tons of upside for Costa in this one.

Actually just thought about it and I would much prefer Rockold vs Belfort as a legit #1 contender match for the next shot at Silva. It could be on the same card that he proposed.

Of course, I mean this if Vitor beats Bisping and does not get hurt.

So Rockhold was all injured and unable to fight Larkin, but when an opportunity to get on live national television comes up, he's all healed up? It may be true that Strikeforce/Showtime screwed him during what may have been the best years of his career (we'll see), but the situation is shady. I understand that he had time to get well since his injuries, but calling out someone the day after it's announced that he's signed is just too convenient.

Sounds good to me. It will really show us where both guys belong in the division.

Good fight, makes sense.

I wonder if Hardy/Brown would be on the main card or the FX prelims.

My perfect card would be

Bendo/Gilbert
DC/Mir
Luke/Costa
AG/Mousasi

Then put Hardy/Brown and maybe fights like Cung Le/Belcher on FX.

Thought this guy had his eyes on the top ranked guys? Talking about Bisping and wanting Silva. Lets not pretend Costa is top 10.....
What has Bisping done that would put him above Philippou? Boetsch is probably the best win between the two of them. Not to mention a 5 fight win streak is a bit more impressive than a 1 fight win streak.

It's a smart match making by Rockhold. Costa is a recent top 10 guy and most likely the weakest link for Rockhold to pick off.

Costa should also be interested because despite Rockhold not being ranked as top 10, he is a champion in another organization. Not to mention, Rockhold mainly strikes so Costa should feel confident going into this one.

As a fan though, I would have liked to see Rockhold vs Weidman.

I'd rather see him fight Bisping should he lose this weekend, but this fight would be cool I guess. I'm anxious to see Rockhold fight the more established guys in the division.

Everyone is booked or coming off a loss @ MW.
Philippou has won 5 in a row including stopping Boetsch.. fight makes sense.

Lombard bisping belfort munoz okami and possibly even weidman are soon going to need fights.

Sounds good to me. It will really show us where both guys belong in the division.

The problem with fights where neither fighter's potential is really known is that the fight doesn't tell us much about either fighter because there's no point of reference.

Good fight, makes sense.

I wonder if Hardy/Brown would be on the main card or the FX prelims.

My perfect card would be

Bendo/Gilbert
DC/Mir
Luke/Costa
AG/Mousasi

Then put Hardy/Brown and maybe fights like Cung Le/Belcher on FX.

lol, you mad if you think they would put Le on prelims LOL especially coming out of a KO over Franklin.

If Le ends up fighting there, it WILL be on the maincard maybe vs Jacare, since Rockhold wants Costa next.

My dream fight for Cung Le would be Lorenz Larkin. But Cung will probably get a bigger name if he gets on the main card.

i'm always surprised when a fighter asks for someone that seems a level below them. i mean he's SF champ, he should be looking a bit higher than that.

reminds me of melvin guillard calling out jeremy stephens

Back