Luke Rockhold Vs Stephen Thompson

Who's head would CLATTER off the canvas?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There are weight classes for a reason. Why do you people ask such stupid questions? This isn't a trained smaller dude fighting some clueless bum on the street.

Some of you people need to be temporarily banned lol one good fight against a top contender and all of a sudden he can beat the MW champ in Weidman lmao I didnt hear any of you saying that he could before his last fight. Matt fucking Brown butchered him as soon as he got him down, got him in an inverted triangle and mauled him, I hate Rockhold but he would overpower him to the floor and eat him alive

Wonderboy is skinny as hell. Give him a year to slowly add size and he'd KTFO Rockhold.

Wonderboy if it stays on the feet. Rockhold has looked lost on the feet at times, particularly against karate guys.
like which karate guy you mean when he drop machida and decimated him let's not make stuff up lol
XByoXE3.gif

Would like to see Wonderboy win. But Luke winning wouldnt surprise me.

The fact that the poll is neck n neck tells you all you need to know about sherdog

Wonderboy is a better striker, but Rockhard would get him down and stick it in him.

Rockhold easily but it would be funny if he gets spinning back kicked again.

Bizarre people on Sherdog, seems whenever a fighter wins his match he can go on and beat other fighters in higher weight classes and automatically is in the (GOAT) conversation. I have seen this repetitive nonsense all too often on here for quite the time.
Rumble has to be the GOAT for hype trains. Most people get one hype train… He has been derailed about four times and someone keeps fixing the train, putting it back on the tracks, fuelling it to full steam before eventually watching it get derailed by a RNC.

Rumble has to be the GOAT for hype trains. Most people get one hype train… He has been derailed about four times and someone keeps fixing the train, putting it back on the tracks, fuelling it to full steam before eventually watching it get derailed by a RNC.

I wonder if this type of nonsense will worsen and i believe it will with the amount of fans becoming more willfully ignorant each year.

You guys can probably tell who I picked, Luke would be too big for him, his threat from kicks or takedown attempts would be too much for Wonderboy, also think about the reach he has on him.

I wonder if this type of nonsense will worsen and i believe it will with the amount of fans becoming more willfully ignorant each year.
It never changes. I've seen the same thing on here since about 03'. You only need to dig up old threads after a fighter has a big win to see how much hype they have. As a for instance: Kimbo slice used to be idolised on here. New members joke about it, but at the time people wrote thread after thread on why he will be the GOAT. Serious threads.

What people don't realise is that they do the exact same thing now… Just substitute Kimbo with the current fighter with a solid performance.

It never changes. I've seen the same thing on here since about 03'. You only need to dig up old threads after a fighter has a big win to see how much hype they have. As a for instance: Kimbo slice used to be idolised on here. New members joke about it, but at the time people wrote thread after thread on why he will be the GOAT. Serious threads.

What people don't realise is that they do the exact same thing now… Just substitute Kimbo with the current fighter with a solid performance.

Unfortunately you are correct in that it will never change. You have been experiencing Sherdog for quite some time eh,,2003? Do you agree with my statement that these overreaching quotes of over hyping a fighter are worsening, or was i wrong in that assessment. Im not surprised that Kimbo was idolized on here, i find it troubling however that even one person would put him in such esteemed category.

Unfortunately you are correct in that it will never change. You have been experiencing Sherdog for quite some time eh,,2003? Do you agree with my statement that these overreaching quotes of over hyping a fighter are worsening, or was i wrong in that assessment. Im not surprised that Kimbo was idolized on here, i find it troubling however that even one person would put him in such esteemed category.
Yeah I got banned for saying Grease St Pierre as a joke lol. I don't think it's worsening. There are just more casuals who really don't know anything about MMA, so it seems magnified.

Yeah I got banned for saying Grease St Pierre as a joke lol. I don't think it's worsening. There are just more casuals who really don't know anything about MMA, so it seems magnified.

I myself have been a fan of MMA since the days of Pancrase, very fortunate to catch MMA in its infancy along with long time fans such as yourself obviously, we arent as "opinionated" or "irrational" in our judgements and opinions. But forums such as this are inundated with "casuals" as you say, and create topics and comments which make people like us disgusted with such rhetoric.

These threads need to stop.

Weightclasses exist for a reason, the bigger man wins 95% of the time unless the smaller fighter has an insane edge in skills or is awfully fortunate and seizes an opportunity.

Rockhold is not a threat to Jones, (that thread was made within the last few days)
**MAYBE** Jones or MM could go up and win but even for them it is a tall order and they both defended 8x

Wonderboy has a long way to go at WW before anyone needs to worry about what he could do at 185.

I get that this is a discussion forum but until a guy has defended the belt (Conor aside, no one else is even close to that level of stardom to justify breaking the rules) why even bother when the answer is the same every time? The bigger guy is going to win nearly every time.

Last edited:
Wonderboy is the worst name ever and he moves like a ballerina in the ring. He has no business being mentioned in the same sentence as Rockhold.
People are so stupid.

LOL @ so many votes for wonderboy

Rockhold would send him to the morgue, and I really don't like him

Edit: oh I get it, everyone got confused by the way the question is worded... Like I did.
Voted for the wrong name

There is something very wrong in the MMA community when

1. This is actually posed as a serious question
2. There are people who claim to follow MMA who would pick WB
Big fan of both and I think you're going overboard here, they're one weightclass apart and Wonderboy technically matches up well with Rockhold. Rockhold would destroy WB on the ground, but he's not a great offensive wrestler. Hendricks certainly has better takedowns than Rockhold. On the feet Rockhold has the style and length to grind WB down with kicks, but WB's speed and precision would give him problems.

Back