Media Luke Rockhold says he’s getting turned down by top 10 at 185: ‘Everyone’s just making excuses’

He needs to know that almost all of the top 10 are already booked atm, with the exception of Whittaker (who's next for title shot) and Gastelum who just fought and are in medical suspensions atm.

Your facts don't fit Luke's narrative that everyone is scared to fight him.

He just needs to figure out some offensive wrestling , his top game is unreal

Because he's an alltime great MW

His last loss was to Jan the LHW champ, then Yoel who arguably beat Whittaker, and Izzy

Saying he's 1-3 obviously doesn't tell the whole story

A lot of yall just don't like Rockhold and are biased against him
While we're telling the whole story, he was also nearly taken out early by David Branch in that one win. I don't believe Rockhold is a bum, but there's nothing he's done since losing the belt to justify a top-10 opponent.

Do you think if Khabib came back he should start at the bottom?

He's an extreme example, but what you're saying makes no sense
I guess it would depend on when and how you left. Khabib left on top, so a top five or number one contender fight makes sense. Rockhold has not looked great in a hot minute, so he needs to prove he deserves a better opponent. I'm not saying he needs to fight some newcomer, but a guy like Brad Tavares or Kevin Holland isn't the worst matchup.

I guess it would depend on when and how you left. Khabib left on top, so a top five or number one contender fight makes sense. Rockhold has not looked great in a hot minute, so he needs to prove he deserves a better opponent. I'm not saying he needs to fight some newcomer, but a guy like Brad Tavares or Kevin Holland isn't the worst matchup.
So you don't think he deserves a top 10, but he does deserve a top 13

So you don't think he deserves a top 10, but he does deserve a top 13
I feel that 11-15 is appropriate. It's high enough that you show him respect, but not slap in the face to active fighters.

Also, I'm not trying to single out your posts in this thread. Just finished my work week and my first college semester in ten years, so I'm drunk and barely reading this shit.

“I’ve taken some time off to just get my body right. Had quite a few surgeries and able to navigate the waters and feel good about it. Just giving some time to do me [and] organize life, business and live. It’s hard to live when you fight. I got it all out of my system and I’m trying to get that fire back and smash some heads.”

Rockhold went on to reveal that he currently walks around at 205 pounds, which is where he feels the most comfortable, but it is not the weight he plans on returning at. He will be resuming his fight career at 185 pounds.

“I need to find a top 10 guy who’s ready to sack up and ready to fight. There’s already been multiple people in the top 10 making excuses about why they don’t want to fight me."

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2021/5/...-top-10-everyone-just-making-excuses-ufc-news

Rockhold can beat anybody at top 10 in my opinion if hes right.

I think he is waaaaay better than Vettori

I say give him a top 10 opponent so he can get his head knocked off again. Luke is overrated as hell on here because he is a big strong guy with poweful grappling, that just makes him 1 dimensional. His striking is not THAT good.

Here’s my analysis on why luke is not as good as people think he is. Fighters train specifically to beat a certain fighter. Luke really thinks if he does what he does best, nobody can beat him. Which is stupid, at this level guys are preparing specifically for opponents, while luke is just sharpening his knife not caring what the other guy brings.

he’s also extremely hittable. Watch his fights, he is easy to hit and doesn’t handle getting hit well. His striking isn’t good, he has strong kicks, but he doesnt throw combos and is predictable when he resets. Nearly everyone he fights lands on him, he was nearly out vs branch.

He’s fairly slow for a MW, watch how yoel was able to catch him, he tried to counter but was way slower. Jan got him in a scramble after they separated from a clinch, again, he’s slow.

people say he has “bad defense”, well that makes you a bad fighter.

Rockhold can beat anybody at top 10 in my opinion if hes right.

I think he is waaaaay better than Vettori
Waaaaay better? Do you see Vetorri or anyone in the top 10 getting slept by bisping in 1 round?

lukes over rated as hell.

Waaaaay better? Do you see Vetorri or anyone in the top 10 getting slept by bisping in 1 round?

lukes over rated as hell.

Did you think Luke was going to? Serra GSP happened. Doesnt mean Serra s better than GSP

Did you think Luke was going to? Serra GSP happened. Doesnt mean Serra s better than GSP
Well i hate to use mmath, but not only bisping did, but so did yoel who hasn’t won a fight in the UFC since he flattened rockhold. Costa went toe to toe with yoel and didn’t flinch. Adesanya and whittaker would kill rockhold. Theres a reason why he hasn’t won a fight since david branch who also nearly knocked him out. And before that he was KO’d by bisping.

he’s getting old and hasn’t won in a while. He’s hittable and has a weak chin. Good luck fighting the MWs now.

Could that excuse be "bruh, you're almost bad enough to be fighting on a regionals"

He’s got a glaring weakness though.

Jans punch actually broke his jaw.

He still has the best ground game besides Maia. As soon as he gets someone down its very dangerous. Sure he has a big weakness. His cockiness combined with bad guard and next to no lateral footwork but he compensates with very dangerous kicks. Rockhold at 185 still is a big threat to anyone.

But he should be ok with a top10-20 opponent. No need to jump back at the top. Will also help him test the waters.

Unfortunately Luke's non existent defence is going to cost him again and again if he keeps fighting. The Jan loss was horrible for him, he is ridiculously hittable.

If he hasn't fixed it at his age I very much doubt he will.

i find it hard to believe. Luke is still a big name and i think any mw would want to have his ko in his highlight reel.

Back