Media Luke Rockhold says he’s getting turned down by top 10 at 185: ‘Everyone’s just making excuses’

Filthy casual

Cobalt belt
@Blue
Reaction score
“I’ve taken some time off to just get my body right. Had quite a few surgeries and able to navigate the waters and feel good about it. Just giving some time to do me [and] organize life, business and live. It’s hard to live when you fight. I got it all out of my system and I’m trying to get that fire back and smash some heads.”

Rockhold went on to reveal that he currently walks around at 205 pounds, which is where he feels the most comfortable, but it is not the weight he plans on returning at. He will be resuming his fight career at 185 pounds.

“I need to find a top 10 guy who’s ready to sack up and ready to fight. There’s already been multiple people in the top 10 making excuses about why they don’t want to fight me."

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2021/5/...-top-10-everyone-just-making-excuses-ufc-news

He needs to know that almost all of the top 10 are already booked atm, with the exception of Whittaker (who's next for title shot) and Gastelum who just fought and are in medical suspensions atm.

"Jan Blachowicz is the best we can get", and "I don't lose to guys like Jan"
giphy.gif

Would love to see history repeat itself with Luke and his arrogance

Luke is getting slept again. Why keep fighting? He’s old.

Give him a fight with Sean Strickland. Just outside the top 10. Huge name for Strickland to get under his belt if he's victorious. A good tester for Rockhold upon his return.

Hopefully Strickland knocks him silly.

Why does Rockhold, who is 1-3 in his last 4 with all stoppage losses and inactive for 2 years, deserve a top 10 guy?
Its 2021 and this is the ufc... And 100% agree with u
Because he's an alltime great MW

His last loss was to Jan the LHW champ, then Yoel who arguably beat Whittaker, and Izzy

Saying he's 1-3 obviously doesn't tell the whole story

A lot of yall just don't like Rockhold and are biased against him

Because he's an alltime great MW

His last loss was to Jan the LHW champ, then Yoel who arguably beat Whittaker, and Izzy

Saying he's 1-3 obviously doesn't tell the whole story

A lot of yall just don't like Rockhold and are biased against him
Also need to mention he was completely shut off in all 3 of those losses including by Michael Bisping

I wouldn't fight him. No name recognition anymore and he's a good fighter.

Back