Luke Rockhold on Weidman: He's going to be surprised when he tries to wrestle...

This is a tough fight to predict but if I had to bet on it my money will probably be on Chris.

Difference between the two to me is the striking and I actually believe Chris is the better man there despite Luke's assumption otherwise. Chris doesn't take unnecessary shots and Luke does. Luke has also only looked devastating in the stand-up against overmatched opponents. He beat Machida on the floor.

Luke's overconfidence is going to get his chin checked by the only guy that ever knocked out Anderson Silva. Weidman's reach is deceptive and he obviously packs power. Luke can use the "I just got caught" defense afterwards though.

On an other note, perfect ending to this fight, for me, goes something like:

double-ko1.gif

tumblr_mamtiji5pF1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

250p7ba.jpg

What a couple of flat out unlikable dudes...

I think Luke will be surprised at how much power Weidman has, Rockhold will get clipped by some awkward strike in the clinch or in a scramble and it will hurt him bad.

On an other note, perfect ending to this fight, for me, goes something like:

double-ko1.gif

tumblr_mamtiji5pF1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

250p7ba.jpg

What a couple of flat out unlikable dudes...

Jesus, how many times has this actually happened? I've only ever seen the one gif.

Weidman is moderately less unlikeable to me . Rockhold seems like asshole (pretty much have to be an asshole to take a pic cupping a captive tigers ball sack......i mean really dude? , what the fucks that even supposed mean ?) and Weidmans flag draped uber patriot shtick is kinda cheesy .

In think Weidman takes this fight though. He'll almost match Luke's size , hits harder and I'm betting is going to prove to be more durable.

Luke via decision.

You guys are blinded by his cocky attitude. He's beating Weidman.

Big Weidman fan...

And I think Luke is correct. I'm not so sure that he will finish Chris, but I think he will win. Chris has the heart and probably the chin, but I think Rockhold is the best fighter.

Chris has one chance of winning, imo: an early (t)ko finish.

Rockhold seems like asshole (pretty much have to be an asshole to take a pic cupping a captive tigers ball sack......i mean really dude?

grabbing the tiger by the balls is an expression.
I mean the real expression is grab life by the balls.
I guess it was Luke's instructions unclear moment in life and ended up with a hand full of tiger nuts
tigernuts-nutrition-2.jpg

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/instructions-unclear
“Instructions Unclear” is an expression used as a preface when joking about accidentally performing a dangerous or inappropriate action due to an absurd misunderstanding of directions. The phrase is typically used in comment sections on the social news site

I think Rockhold is able to defend against the wrestling of Weidman. The fight will happen the the most on the feet, where Rockhold has the advantage. I see Rockhold (t)ko Weidman in the later rounds.

A lot of people counting Rockhold out stupidly. He has great technique, is a decent size and highly creative. Weidman may well win but Rockhold has a great shot and shouldn't be counted out by any means.

Luke is the real deal from my sources.. his jitz, cardio, and striking are top notch. weidman is the real deal too so it should be epic

I like Luke. He's like a funnier, more skilled Bisping.

Luke is the real deal from my sources.. his jitz, cardio, and striking are top notch. weidman is the real deal too so it should be epic

Yeah except weidman is just a little bit better in everything except the ground game which is pretty even.

This is just such a fucking good match

To me, this is one of the top 5 MMA fights (on paper) ever IMO

Anticipation 10/10

I think you would be surprised Luke, I think he fucks you up

This
Luke is the one who seems to underestimate Chris . Chris is just a little bit but enough better than him in every aspect except kicks and jjs and kicks ain't gonna save him . You can say he has better bjj but Weidman is very legit black belt too plus he obviously has the better wrestling. And than comes the fact that Luke can't take Weidman down.
I do believe most of the fight will be on feed like Rockhold said but he won't know what hit him when he starts exchanges with Weidman, he seems to underestimate Weidman's striking and toughness. Rockhold can't handle it, TKO 2/3 round,Chris will corner him and make him cry.
The only way I see Luke possibly winning is if he somehow pass the first 3. Then he can KO Weidman but i don't exactly see it with the kind of chin Chris has and I'll be pretty surprised if happens. There is no way in hell he submits him. And if it goes to decision, Weidman still takes it.

Last edited:
Back