Luke Rockhold on Weidman: He's going to be surprised when he tries to wrestle...

I think you'd be surprised Luke...

iF8T0ijz7I2nH.gif

We all know that is a completely different Vitor than the one Weidy fought... right?

I could care less about Vitor in the gif. My concern is that awfully telegraphed double.

P4P one of the worst TD attempts in UFC history lol:icon_chee

I hate Rockhold, such a cocky *********, but i think he is going to win

rockhold is a confident guy, he always is before fights, and he tends to back it up - this fight needs no hype, its crazy exciting, one of the best title fights possible right now, in my opinion

I think its the most meaningful, most competitive title fight in the sport right now. Both guys are ahead of the pack in their division. Both guys are in their prime, good at everything, dangerous everywhere.

What more could you ask for?

I could care less about Vitor in the gif. My concern is that awfully telegraphed double.

Weidman's first TD attempt last time out was about as telegraphed.

I think its the most meaningful, most competitive title fight in the sport right now. Both guys are ahead of the pack in their division. Both guys are in their prime, good at everything, dangerous everywhere.

What more could you ask for?

Jacare and Romero are right up there too.

That has nothing to do with Weidmans lack of technique as much it has to do with Vitors proper counter using a good sprawl, cradling the leg to get up, and freakish explosiveness.

Weidman shot from proper distance and secured a leg from what looked to be an iutside single/high crotch attempt.

Luke on the other hand wasn't even at an arms distance when he went for that horrible excuse of a double attempt. Vitor simply sprawled out of reflex but truth is he didnt even have to with that shot:icon_lol:

Tito vs Chuck were cringeworthy...

... but Rockhold isn't gonna waste his energy trying.

Everyone thinks they can wrestle with Chris before he gets his mitts on them. He gets a hold of you, takes a deep breath and lifts you up through the air. When you land, he's in a perfect position. Guy is just on that level

There has been so much hoakie shit talking coming from Rockhold lately. But this is much better imo. Luke sounds confident and rational here, where at times he has sounded desperate to convince himself that he can win...over the top with the scripted one liners.

This should be one hell of a fight. Of all the scheduled upcoming fights, this is the most interesting to me.

I wonder if the IV ban will impact either one of these two?

That has nothing to do with Weidmans lack of technique as much it has to do with Vitors proper counter using a good sprawl, cradling the leg to get up, and freakish explosiveness.

Weidman shot from proper distance and secured a leg from what looked to be an iutside single/high crotch attempt.

Luke on the other hand wasn't even at an arms distance when he went for that horrible excuse of a double attempt. Vitor simply sprawled out of reflex but truth is he didnt even have to with that shot:icon_lol:

Wait, I'm failing to see your original point. Luke's sub par technique in his TD attempt has what to do with his counter wrestling technique exactly?

Luke's comments are about his confidence in threatening the Chris if he's taken down or in the process of being taken down.

Rockhold is pretty crafty but I think Weidman's grappling is elite. His GNP is no joke either. I think his power on the ground and on the feet will be the deciding factor. Stylistically though I think Luke has a good shot. He's long (no homo), good striking, good subs and scrambles, etc.

Great matchup but I see Weidman getting the better of him and gaining momentum as the fight wears on.

Rockhold is pretty crafty but I think Weidman's grappling is elite. His GNP is no joke either. I think his power on the ground and on the feet will be the deciding factor. Stylistically though I think Luke has a good shot. He's long (no homo), good striking, good subs and scrambles, etc.

Weidman has the larger wingspan.

Back