Luke Rockhold on Weidman: He's going to be surprised when he tries to wrestle...

Seldon23

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
From the MMA Hour:

"People haven't seen the wars, in UFC, that I've had in Strikefore and what I am capable of. I can dig deep and I just don't know where he thinks he's going to break me. I think he is underestimating every part of my game. He's going to be surprised when he tries to wrestle and I'm shutting him down everywhere. This will ultimately probably end up on the feet. I don't see what he brings to the table."

"Weidman's going to come forward, he's going to try to wrestle, he's going to try to pressure me. I'm going to stop him, I'm going to hit him with everything I got. He'll probably try to take me down. I guarantee I'm going to threaten him. I'm going to put some kind of submission or get back up. He's going to panic, we're going to get back to our feet and then I'm going to start finding my groove on the feet, cutting him off."

"He comes forward very strong at the beginning, but when you hit him with something, he starts backing up and playing that middle ground game, that's a game where he's going to lose," Rockhold boldly said. "I'm going to catch him with something clean. It's going to be a left kick or a left hand."

Last edited:
Rockhold is more likely to be very surprised if he believes the things he says about the champ. Chris does not panic and clearly has much to offer in a stand up fight. Rockhold should fully prepare for a strong willed, high fight IQ and completely dangerous opponent or he will be in trouble.
Luke has the size and skill to match Chris in most areas and must prepare for the true champ and not some deluded vision he has of him.

Heatbag, My friend, I have to agree with you there.

I think Weidman is just on another level with his grappling and wrestling, and on the feet Weidman has far better defense. I expect a close fight but I expect Weidman to come out on top.

Looks like you were right weidman.is on another level. It's just a level below Luke.

I think you would be surprised Luke, I think he fucks you up

LMAO at Luke claiming the Chris is going to get gun shy after an exchange. The guy was taking everything vitro could throw at him then went on to finish him about one minute later.

Looks like you were right weidman.is on another level. It's just a level below Luke.

Yup, looks like it. I was wrong on that one. Great performance by Rockhold, he lived up to his potential tonight.

I think Weidman is just on another level with his grappling and wrestling, and on the feet Weidman has far better defense. I expect a close fight but I expect Weidman to come out on top.

I'm not reading all that. Weidman will destroy him.

Lol these two are making me think this just might be a good fight.

Weidman is going to have big problems grappling and wrestling with Luke, its going to be a stand up fight

ibju7XzmEt3ZA0.gif

The scrambles will be fun.

I wouldn't be shocked if Weidman shoots on him, takes him down, and GnP him into unconciousness. I think Luke is talented, but I feel that Weidman is much better overall.

Rockhold has had the superior results, the only advantage Weidman has shown so far is his matchmaking timing = for example I have no doubt Rockhold would survive Maia and win a decision.

/ drunk rattlin gg

Luke surprises him with a well timed knee that rocks him and then throws up a triangle afterwards on the ground in round 3

Win or lose, he's definitely making me want to watch this fight. But with all this talk, it would be nice to see him lose. I still think that Weidman beats him.

rockhold is a confident guy, he always is before fights, and he tends to back it up - this fight needs no hype, its crazy exciting, one of the best title fights possible right now, in my opinion

wonder if he'll remember saying this as he regains consciousness?

could be true..he's a tiny bit bigger, obviously the two monster wrestlers @ aka helping him as well

That one Russian dude owned him in pure grappling. Can only imagine what White Man wil do him.

Back