Luke Rockhold: It was almost like [Daniel Cormier] was a deer in the headlights

Fighter123

Brown Belt
Reaction score
During an interview with Ariel Helwani after UFC 182, Luke Rockhold made the following statement: "[Daniel Cormier] didn

Luke has a much better understand of Cormiers skill level since he actually trains with him. He also could just be biased because Cormier is his guy, which is reasonable.

Anything anyone posts on here will be nothing but speculation.

I think he fought his ass off but Jones just was too much.

I don't agree with that at all. He was fighting on even terms without fear until the last couple rounds and he looked exhausted.

Absorbing a lot of shots will do that to fighters

I think he got tired more than anything else. He looked a little hesitant and a tad overwhelmed by the situation early in the 1st, but that went away in the last half of the 1st and then in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Basically, he was the first one to slow from the exhausting style of the fight.

Dc fought great. jones was just the better fighter.

BS. Cormier came out VERY strong in the first 2 rounds. It was only after he was nullified and gassed that he started looking like a meat on a grill.

That being said, i hope the overall lesson taken from DC last night is that its easy to talk shit about all of Jones' weaknesses until you are literally standing in the cage with him. All of a sudden those weaknesses dont look so apparent or easily exploited.

i don't know. that could have been part of it. but i personally would say that it was more about the fact that dc couldn't get jones down early on in the fight. i think that hurt his confidence a bit.

Seagal must have dropped him some powder or something when training.

i don't know. that could have been part of it. but i personally would say that it was more about the fact that dc couldn't get jones down early on in the fight. i think that hurt his confidence a bit.

Seriously. I thought DC was going to wrestle fuck Jones a bit but as soon as the fight started and they started to exchange I leaned over to my friend and said I doubt DC will get a single take down.

Jones looked fucking huge last night.

Daniel Cormier needs to trains for better stamina , i believe he started becoming tired in third round.

DC fought a near perfect fight. he just came up a little short.

I think Cormier did everything that he could to be honest. He looked just as good as he always did---Jones was just a better fighter and got inside his head---Wore him down and took him into deep waters

Cormier had good cardio. Jones's knees and punches to the body took it away.

Back