Luke Rockhold is clearly a better fighter than Chris Weidman - Discuss.

FUCK ME I HATE NOT BEING ABLE TO EDIT

ThirdImpartialAmericanlobster.gif

there we go :')

Bizarre post.

Rockhold has, I guess, the cardio and kicking advantage.

Weidman would win pretty comfortably IMO.

Weidman all day. Better boxing, better bjj, better wrestling, and hugely superior power.

Rockhold has excellent jitz, too, but he is primarily a top position grappler and I don't see him getting there against Weidman. He's definitely a more well rounded and diverse striker, but in the pocket and in the clinch he gets smashed badly. Luke has to maintain distance in order to outstrike Weidman. Anderson Silva couldn't do it and I don't think Weidman can, either.

The only two guys I see giving Weidman a serious challenge right now @185 are Machida and Jacare.

I think Rockhold is a more serious challenge than Jacare.

I like Jacare, but Weidman has better striking, wrestling, defense. Their cardio is about even and Jacare has a slight BJJ edge but it's not big enough to make much of a difference in the fight.

Rockhold on the other hand at least has a cardio advantage on Weidman. It's possible he could run and spam kicks to a 48-47 victory or something. Though I think Weidman beats both.

100 % agree with TS, Luke is a bad match-up on paper for Weidman.

The only thing Weidman has against Luke is better wrestling.

Not to mention, Luke trains with Cain and DC, spares day in day out with em.

Weidman would outwrestle Rockhold or KO him

in the standup i think they are close.

in grappling?? Weedman is on a whole other level. Saying brown belt/black belt doesnt really tell the real story. Weedman was giving fits to Andre Galvao in a grappling match years ago. Galvao is one of the best grapplers in the world. Rockhold won some minor tournaments at blue and purple. Really not comparable and easy to tell you overvalue that.

Then go to the wrestling department and its an even bigger advantage for Weedman.

Rockhold beat Jacare by forcing a standup battle for most of the fight. Weedman outgrappled Maia on 11 days notice. Big difference there too. Still Jacare took Rockhold down a few times, Weedman surely can too.

Thank you.

Rockhold's been a wrestler/grappler killer thus far. Kennedy, Boetsch and Jacare couldn't keep him down and had trouble getting him there.

1) Many people thought Jacare won that fight. Either way it was really close.

2) Weidman is a way, way better wrestler than all of them

3) Weidman is a way, way better striker than all of them.

4) Weidman is a way, way better fighter than all of them.

5) Any man who drops Hall and finishes him, KOTY elbow's Munoz, KO's Silva, and drops Silva in the rematch from the clinch isn't a " wrestler/grappler. " Weidman is a very complete fighter.

Weidman is slightly better, but it would be a great fight.

I like your style sir.

This is a topic untouched by pretty much everyone. Your forming an original opinion and I like it.

I haven't read the thread yet, but I'm going to bank there are many completely disregarding your opinion based on pretty much nothing other than they haven't heard any prominent MMA figure say this yet. I've gone down this road many times through the years.

I have been saying for while now that Rockhold is Weidman's toughest possible match up in the division (that even included Machida), and if/when they fight I'd probably go with Luke.

Don't let anyone try and change you mind because some fight night, you're going to have really made your mark.

I like both guys, but I'm agreeing with TS here. I think Rockhold is a bad matchup for Weidman. Not saying it would be a definite win for either guy, but I'd take Luke.

i agree with this

I like your style sir.

This is a topic untouched by pretty much everyone. Your forming an original opinion and I like it.

I haven't read the thread yet, but I'm going to bank there are many completely disregarding your opinion based on pretty much nothing other than they haven't heard any prominent MMA figure say this yet. I've gone down this road many times through the years.

I have been saying for while now that Rockhold is Weidman's toughest possible match up in the division (that even included Machida), and if/when they fight I'd probably go with Luke.

Don't let anyone try and change you mind because some fight night, you're going to have really made your mark.

Based on what?

Striking: Machida
Wrestling: Machida
Power: Machida
Speed: Machida
TDD: Machida
BJJ: Machida
Fight IQ: Machida
Striking Defense: Machida
Cardio: ???
Chin: ???

Based on what?

Striking: Machida
Wrestling: Machida
Power: Machida
Speed: Machida
TDD: Machida
BJJ: Machida
Fight IQ: Machida
Striking Defense: Machida
Cardio: ???
Chin: ???

Based on observation.

I'd also suggest actually watching Rockhold fight.

And to point out. I'm one of Machida's biggest fans. I actually expect him to beat Weidman.

Having said that.

Machida DOES NOT have better wrestling, power, TDD, BJJ, or cardio than Rockhold.

Back