Luke Rockhold is clearly a better fighter than Chris Weidman - Discuss.

I'd pick brown belt Chris Weidman in pure BJJ over black belt Luke Rockhold, all day every day.

The only thing Luke really has over everybody in the division is his cardio. Which is how he beat Jacare. Pure cardio.

In a way I agree but he had a lot of skill against Jacare that let him win also. Let's not forget that he took that fight after a 1.5 year long lay off. That's a long time to go between fights and I'm sure he would do even better had he had a proper length between fights.

I don't even like the Weener but he beats the shit out of Rockhold and probably finishes him

It's not even a real dong. Rockhold stuffed a sock in his shorts.

Here he is without the sock:

1+luke.JPG

I came in here to see the big dongs, very disappointing (no homo)

Weidman is the better wrestler and his ground game is unbelievable - dude gave Galvao a serious run for his money years ago and he's gotten better since then

Tim Kennedy and Luke Rockhold are the same person to me.

Well, imo rockhold is better than people think, and weidman is slightly overestimated. Chris May have the tougher road between champs: machida, jaca, rockhold and belfort.

Weidman is untested, but skilled. Rockhold is more tested, and also skilled. I'd pick Luke, who's looked amazing aside from the Vitor fight. My pick could change if Weidman whoops Lyoto.

LOL

Just LOL

PS:

Though it is possible that Luke could beat Weidman.

Weidman has better wrestling and out-struck Anderson in 2 straight fights.

Well, weidman beat anderson standing
And luke got ktfo by vitor standing
And anderson destroyed vitor standing... So id say weidman is more durable and has better standup overall than luke

I would pick Luke to beat Weidman if they fought.....both guys do some things very well and better then each other, but style wise I like Luke.

Weidman did terrible things to Silva, arguably the GOAT. Rockhold has looked pretty good besides getting koed like a villain in a bad martial arts film via spinning head kick. He hasn't done anything to start comparing him to the champ yet.

Rockhold has looked like a beast in his last two but so has weidman.

BJJ not even close Weidman is the winner here

Wrestling again not close Weidman has looked like a stud wrestling in MMA.

striking is kinda a toss up on paper you would think Rockhold but Weidman killed mark with an elbow and outstuck uriah hall and Anderson twice so some how he makes his striking work and has shown he can beat any mma fighter standing.

Weidmans wrestling is superior but I'd bet on rockhold if/when it happens.

Weidman all day. Better boxing, better bjj, better wrestling, and hugely superior power.

Rockhold has excellent jitz, too, but he is primarily a top position grappler and I don't see him getting there against Weidman. He's definitely a more well rounded and diverse striker, but in the pocket and in the clinch he gets smashed badly. Luke has to maintain distance in order to outstrike Weidman. Anderson Silva couldn't do it and I don't think Weidman can, either.

The only two guys I see giving Weidman a serious challenge right now @185 are Machida and Jacare.

Back