News Luke Rockhold: "F**en Idiot" Sean Strickland is Next Fight *UPDATE* Strickland responds

Goddamn it…. I wanna root for him I really do but he is so goddamn smug and annoying…. Seriously what the actual fuck.

Jesus am I actually going to cheer on Sean Strickland….

Gonna need a bath.
If it helps, he's pretty cool in person, having had very casual interaction with him when I used to be a member at AKA. Not sure why the camera brings out the worst in him.

How is he still so bad in interviews after al this time? <45>
Painful to listen for more than 10 seconds.

When you grow up rich and looking like that, you don't need to develop a real personality.

i disagree. he doesn't sugar-coat anything, like lots of fighters do. he says what's on his mind, regardless of what others think. it's refreshing to hear, in a field where most fighters are either putting on a gimmick, or are so p.c. and don't want to ruffle feathers.

Yeah, I like all that sort stuff too, but it's not what I'm referring to when I say he's "bad in interviews".

Toxic masculinity on display here. Go gett'em fellas!

I'll take this over the crisis actor MgCraiger, anyday.

Tough talk from both guys! Luke will most likely win

This will be the first I ever rooted for Rockhold.
<Ellaria01>

Come to think of it, the best way to defend yourself against a homeless crackhead would indeed be the TEEP to the chest. You use the bottom of your shoes to get them the fuck away with the aids. Luke is in alot of danger. He needs to try and fight like Khabib minus any striking. Shootin for his life from the bell.

He doesn't seem enthusiastic about the fight and looked like he's just gonna take it coz he has no choice. The last time he was acting this way, the guy he fought knocked him out and took his belt, on short notice. Not looking good for him it seems.
The last time he acted this way Jan ko’d him ....you’re referring to when he first acted this way lol

This guy is such a twat. Hopefully Sean puts the nail in the coffin and we never have to hear from him again

Not sure if Strickland has the power to cause problems for Rockhold. His simple striking approach will not help either. Plus if Luke actually decides to grapple, his top game is unparalleled at the MW division.

Hopefully Rockhold comes out as a underdog!!

ReflectingWeeklyCaudata-max-1mb.gif
<DisgustingHHH>

He didn't "brag" about it. He told a story about a meth head who lunged at him and tried to spit on him, so he instinctively used MMA to get her away from him and his dog. Luke is socially awkward and doesn't understand how to tell a story in a humorous way. He's not alone in that regard. Typically, most Americans don't know how to communicate anecdotes well. It takes a very special individual to be entertaining, and Americans have even less experience when it comes to delivering great anecdotes. You're much more likely to be drawn in by a story told by a guy from New Zealand, Scotland, or Ireland--because storytelling is still a trait that is practiced in their culture.

Regardless, it was an event that stood out to him. He tried to relay it in a way that was humorous, but doesn't have the charisma to do so naturally--so it comes off as awkward. That doesn't mean that he was "bragging" or "in the wrong." She assaulted him.

Also, Luke is a former champion in the UFC. He can call out people if he so chooses. If losing to the best fighters on the planet once you pass your prime makes you somehow worthless, then we've completely lost perspective.

Finally, as an added pet peeve, I'd like to mention how we've entered the stage of revisionist history where Bisping is some great hero and Rockhold is a braggadocios villain. In their first fight, Rockhold handled Bisping with ease and was gracious after their fight. He acted like a gentleman. Bisping, when he knocked out Rockhold, called him a fa**ot, made fun of him, and acted like a complete ass. And that's before Bisping went on to duck every contender in the division, eventually losing to GSP who then proceeded to throw the title and the division into the dumpster. And we all know the reason Bisping took the GSP fight, after money, was because he assumed he'd have a dramatic size advantage. Bisping spit on corners, said awful things about people's families, and was hated until he beat Rockhold--which somehow made him a darling in the eyes of everybody who watches MMA. Meanwhile, Rockhold, who is not socially very educated, is a decent guy who just lacks communication skills. Get off it.
I find it bizarre how many people now claim to be fans of Bisping, he has such an unlikeable personality. Bisping is the perfect example of someone who loves to dish it but can't take it because he is incredibly insecure.

he shouldnt? rockhold is 6'5, handsome as fuck, ripped muscular body with a big reproductive organ and a former champ. rockhold is genetic perfection

Hes only 6 ft 3, or a manlet compared to the avg Sherdogger

Back