News Luke Rockhold eyes possible UFC return; Names Darren Till or Marvin Vettori as potential opponents

Young luke would murk till and vettori. Right now i am 99%.sure vettori would finish him but he might still beat till. They are both shot imo. The till fight makes sense.

Young Luke was a major problem. There were better wrestlers than him but on the mat the dude was a nightmare. His run to the belt was equal parts high level BJJ and brutal ground and pound.

He was a little unlucky IMO to get stuck with Romero instead of Whittaker after he beat Branch. I always wanted to see that fight. Not that he definitely beats Whittaker but I think that would’ve been a good fight. Romero is the worst matchup for a guy like him, because you’re never taking him down and eventually he’s exploiting your mediocre boxing D with a bomb.

Till and Vettori are already booked to fight one another and are frankly too highly-ranked for a guy who hasn't competed at Middleweight in over three years and hasn't won a fight there in what may end up being close to four by the time he actually ends up making the walk (and that was against David Branch of all people, a guy who's no longer in the UFC and wasn't exactly setting the world aflame when he was aside from a win over Santos).

I would like to see him fight Hermansson, who -- last I heard -- is still recovering from the beating Marvin gave him. An opponent ranked at #6 (or whatever it may be at that point) is more than fucking generous and should satiate his ego, despite the fact that he's coming off a loss. It's also a chance for Jack to get back in the saddle and reclaim a spot in the Top 5 by collecting the scalp of an ex-champion. His performance over Jacare was seen by many as a coming-out party, so maybe beating Luke could be a redemption arc? Conversely, Jack has proven to be a fairly solid fighter who is decently well-rounded and can hang at the fringe Top 5 in the modern Middleweight Division. If/when beats him, then he proves the sport hasn't left him behind and he can still hang.

It's also an interesting stylistic match-up IMO. Both guys are incredible submission grapplers and solid wrestlers. The thought of them contesting the bout on the mat? Yes please.

Yea I like it, because if one of them dominated the grappling that would be really impressive. It also means easing back into getting punched in the face for two guys who have eaten a lot of bombs in recent outings.

I'm quite surprised Rockhold has chosen to continue fighting.

I just don't think he's that good any more. Definitely a bit of a glass chin and his smug arrogance where he assumes he's easily gonna beat his opponents always lets him down. One more KO of Luke and he is toast, permanently.

Go to bellator and fight Romero again please
One more knockout + kiss combination
Then Gayhard Moose can KO him for good measure

lol at calling out two pillowfisted MW's ahaha he'll still get KTFO..

rematch weidman first, if you win that whatever he wants

He mentioned in the article that he has no interest in fighting Weidman coz aside from the fact that he already beat him, he believe he's not the same guy and seems to be on his way out. He prefers the young guys like Vettori and Till.

Neither one of these guys have real punching power.

Luke should smoke either of them if he's still anything like he used to be.

rockhold gets to much hate for not being a wordsmith. one of the better mws we have seen. im not making an excuse for his losses but i cant help but feel like injuries held him back a bit

Till and luke would be a great fight, wouldn’t luke be huge compared to till tho? I know Darren was a huge WW and a good sized MW but luke was a massive MW and a good sized LHW lol

I don’t like his odds against Vettori tho, not that Marvin is necessarily better than him but it’s just not a good stylistic matchup for him. Vettori is huge and has legit hands, he’s hard af to grapple with and control because of his strength. He has a decent gas tank as well. I don’t see luke taking him down, so it’s probably a striking match and idk it likes stellar kicking game and check hooks will be enough to keep vettori from marching him down and giving him the hands.. we all know Luke’s chin is suspect as well.

This dude is ultra creep. It would be fighter bashing for me to say what I actually think awaits him, but he manages to work sex into every interview. Normal, healthy people do not do that.

<{Joewithit}><30>

I’d rather see him come back at the lower end of the LHW top 15 if he fights at MW let’s see the Weidman rematch

Rematch Chris Weidman already. Call it battle of the pretty boy former MW champ belch.

Luke sharks Till on the ground. Vettori is the tougher style match up.

I like Luke. I'll take him in both fights.

Back