News Luke Rockhold eyes possible UFC return; Names Darren Till or Marvin Vettori as potential opponents

Always a fan of Luke so hope he gets a little shine going under him again.

I will also gladly accept another glorious ko highlight.

downloadd037208fca20d539.gif

Hahah - Poor Luke forever the Awkward Anomaly...

giphy.gif

That weight cut is going to kill Luke. Wouldn't surprise me if he missed weight. He should retire, get some new hair and find a suga momma.

He turns 37 this year.. getting up there

he usually looks drained as fuck making MW.. now he's a lot older and haven't made that weight in a good while

curious to see how he fares

he gets too much hate on this forum

He is fun to shoop for sure...

I thought there were a bunch of interesting fights at 205, and that shot he took on his first trip up there would have done for anybody........

But it's hard to get interested because it's doubtful he will fight often, which is what he really needs to do.... Finding a way to avoid the KO would allow that to happen.

Lukes mouth writes checks his chin cant cash.

I want him to fight Till because he will most likely whoop Till's ass lol.

He obv. is competitive and talented, but is nearing his late thirties. Needs to get his ass back to AKA fulltime imo. He should be able to outgrapple both Vettori and Till, so these are winnable fights, but his chin does leave me a little worried.

Vettori deserves better but Till has nothing going on after his next loss and the build to that fight would be entertaining. I'm in.

Marvin doesn't really deserve better than Luke, who was a champion in that weight class just a couple of fights ago.

Unless Luke is completely washed, he will beat Marvin.

Obviously he doesn't deserve Vettori, that makes no sense.

At his age I have a hard time seeing Luke make 185lbs. He looked pretty rough making weight later in his career.

He should probably take some fun legacy fights at 205lbs against guys who are not remotely in the mix.

I can't think of a good reason Luke Rockhold fights ranked fighters in any division upon his return.

Marvin doesn't really deserve better than Luke, who was a champion in that weight class just a couple of fights ago.

He lost the belt 5 years ago, and he has 1 win since.

I hear the argument that maybe he's got something still left in the tank and that may be true, but Marvin is on the verge of a title shot and you can't have guys like Luke jumping the line.

Odd, Id say it's the worst matchup in the top 10 apart from Costa and Cannonier. Care to take me through your thought process?
Till has recently turned into a point fighter, doesn't go for Ko's much anymore. Not to mention if Luke gets him down its likely game over

Rockhold hasn't won a fight since 2017. He means literally nothing in the middleweight division of 2021. That isn't even to say that he was knocked out spectacularly in 3 of his last 4 fights, and he'll be out two full years by the time he could return.

Vettori has won 5 fights since Rockhold last had a win, is on a four fight win streak, and his sole loss in that time is against the current, undefeated champion. It was a competitive decision.

Rockhold does not remotely deserve Marvin. He doesn't deserve a ranked middleweight in general, let alone a title contender.

WTF is with people holding on to geriatric old farts of yesteryear, like it means something today?

For Luke’s sake I’m hoping he doesn’t take too many more trips to the Shadow Realm. I mean, how many times can a human being have their souls separated from their bodies?
Well for the sake of fans and the just bleed god I hope he does.

If the guy was less of an arrogant douchebag maybe I would feel differently but watching him talk shit and be a disrespectful prick and then get sparked is very enjoyable for me and many others.

Iluke looked good.. Then the fight started

Back