Luke Rockhold Doesn't Think He'll Fight Again

Will Luke fight again in the UFC?

• Total voters
It's for the best. He will never be champion again and he makes money without fighting so more power to him.

“ I just don’t have the same passion, the hunger for it at this point.”

Getting put to sleep in violent fashion repeatedly would kill my hunger too Luke.

tenor.gif

He will be back, once he starts running out of money....it is funny how all the sudden he doesnt have the passion for it...meanwhile before Jan knocked him out he wanted to make a run at the title...talked shit about how he was the man to beat JJ etc....not he just doesnt feel it anymore..lol.

But in all fairness he has bene around for a long time has been part of some great fights and was the champ...all the power to him.

I legit walked into Macy’s other day, saw lil posters of Ryan Reynolds, some other dude, then the largest poster/advertisement was of Luke.

he won’t be running out of money, he has a good paying gig outside of fighting.

No disrespect to the man but it sounds like he's scared. He doesn't even want to have one last fight just to go out on a win. Too chicken shit to go back in the octagon.

Not saying he's a pussy, just saying that's what is sounds like.

Wow LOl

Most people don't have the balls to step in the octagon in the first place. This guy fought for years, yet is called a pussy cos the fire has gone in his mid 30s.

Unreal.

"Im a samurai"

*Loses 3 fights in 4 years*

"Just dont have that hunger man"

LMAO. This guy is impossible to humble:

"I’m not like the rest of these guys where I have to pursue and beat the thing into the ground with fighting"

Fuck off Rockhold. You have been knocked out into irrelevance. That is why you are retiring.

"I’ve got a couple companies I’m working with, and I’ve got checks flowing from so many different ways."

That reminds me of Rumble big plans LMAO. That is all BS. His look will only last a couple of years.. and he needs to treat that hairline ASAP or he is fucked.
Yup i also caught that. He's a prick but good for him, he shouldn't fight again and he's right in that he has a couple ways to make money. It's the right decision.

Wow LOl

Most people don't have the balls to step in the octagon in the first place. This guy fought for years, yet is called a pussy cos the fire has gone in his mid 30s.

Unreal.
I clearly wrote I wasn't calling him a pussy. I guess your reading comprehension just isn't very high. I wonder what you'll think I wrote here...

Dude still comes off as arrogant. Putting himself above "these other guys" who have to fight and don't have other streams of income.

There's something about the way this guy talks. He's just such a douche.
don't understand how a super lucky dude like him could have such a chip on his shoulder either. He isn't too bright and def has some insecurities

I still wouldn't mind seeing Weidman Vs Rockhold 2 before he retires.

I think many do read it, but want to try and "be cool" and pretend they didn't read it...haha

They all read it.

Message from RockGOAT to all the haters:

full

Great fighter, thank you for all your fights

Good for him.

All you sherdog losers are just jelly and will never have a life as exciting as his

I'm definitely jelly that he was knobbing Demi Lovato. She is hot and crazy as fuck.

can't blame him if someone told me be a model or fight beasts like romero, i think i know what I'm going to pick.
They told him that. Then he fought Romero anyways lol

Weidman, Bisping and Rockhold's prime runs were more stellar and exciting than the goofy face pulling of Mousasi/Yoel/anotherbillynoname.

rockhold.jpg

“Fighting takes a lot,” Rockhold told MMA Fighting. “I’ve done it. I’ve been to the top of the game. I just don’t have the same passion, the hunger for it at this point. I’m excited to go in other realms of life. I know I have a lot of fans out there. I’m sorry I’m not fighting but you never know. Maybe someday I will but I don’t foresee it at this point.

“A couple grappling matches to keep myself entertained in the process, I think the people who tune in will have some fun watching. I’m going to bring it to this kid, and if I do another one, I’m sure it’s going to be fun and entertaining.

“I’m well off. I can choose what I want to do. I’ve got a couple companies I’m working with, and I’ve got checks flowing from so many different ways. I’m not like the rest of these guys where I have to pursue and beat the thing into the ground with fighting or jiu-jitsu or anything. There’s other areas of life and I can put some energy and focus on those things.

ralph.jpg

“Obviously you can’t fight forever. I can make more money outside the cage so if I can do that, why not? Not have to deal with the political bullsh*t that comes with fighting and the UFC, all that stuff we know about. I like it. It makes me happy.

“I’m not trying to make it a job. I’m just having fun with it. I’m not going out there and pursuing all these grappling things but to go pick off a couple guys and prove that I’m still at the top of my game. Why not?

ec0a0b53818dcbe54a62e1d1922a9c40

“I’m an extremist. I’m going to find anything that challenges me in life. I’m going to f*cking try to tackle it. I’m going to try to conquer it. There’s a lot left for me to conquer. I think it will always be that way. I’m not trying to beat fighting into the ground. I can do a lot of other things.

D8J0939_RT_E_FPO.jpg

Fighting consumes you. It consumes your body, your mind and it consumes your life and not able to enjoy other things in your life. Not chasing it and being consumed by it, it’s freeing. I’m excited to do what I’m doing and keep pursuing more.

luke-rockhold-2.jpg

“I’m happy not fighting. I’m happy being back on the west coast. I’m doing what I’m doing and not worrying with that burden of fighting over my head and pursuing that.

2F54B2CB00000578-3357978-image-a-3_1449988415014.jpg

“I’ve been doing it for nearly 14 years. I’ve conquered two different companies. I’ve been the best in the world undisputedly. I sleep well with that. Not a lot of guys can do that.

“I don’t live my life on nevers. I’m never one to quit something entirely. I don’t want to put a roadblock anywhere in life. I always leave doors open. That’s how I live my life. I’ve fared well for myself thus far. I’m going to keep that mentality.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/11/20/20973765/luke-rockhold-right-now-im-just-happy-not-fighting
"THANK YOU LUKE ROCKHOLD"
- Luke Rockhold's Brain, and his doctor, and his family, and his friends, and the fans, and....

LMAO. This guy is impossible to humble:

"I’m not like the rest of these guys where I have to pursue and beat the thing into the ground with fighting"

Fuck off Rockhold. You have been knocked out into irrelevance. That is why you are retiring.

"I’ve got a couple companies I’m working with, and I’ve got checks flowing from so many different ways."

That reminds me of Rumble big plans LMAO. That is all BS. His look will only last a couple of years.. and he needs to treat that hairline ASAP or he is fucked.

Yikes. Envy is a motherfucker.

No need to get ko'd anymore. He did his thing and had a good career. No sense in turning into someone like Chuck. I mean no disrespect to Chuck, but its obvious he should have hung them up a lot sooner than he did. Now's the time for Luke to step out.

Back