Luke Barnatt "The big names are starting to fade in England"

England has no right to have any top fighters. We've only got 60 0dd million people here, 15 million of which are immigrants that only came here to survive, and have no interest in MMA. The rest have an education and, thus, have no interest in MMA.

There's your answer.

No part of the UK really has big names right now.

I think JoJo could be big just because she's so likeable. I know it's women's MMA but if she ever won a title, I bet they'd go crazy for her there.

Edit:

They have Jojo Calderwood.

I quoted and walked away for a bit then came back and posted so didn't see you posted that.

I agree. :)

big slow! Im glad that he's getting some media attention!

They gave Dan Hardy a shortcut to get UK shows sold.

He wasn't ready.

They may not have any Champions, but then again how many Countries do? Mostly US and Brazil. Not too many others... They do have some very good fighters over there though. Not all of them in the UFC. Ross Pearson is still around. He's a gamer. Bisping took out Cung Le. Liam McGeary is on the rise...

immigrants that only came here to survive, and have no interest in MMA. The rest have an education and, thus, have no interest in MMA.

tumblr_inline_n17jvdeRIJ1qjknlo.gif

Good point.

The pull toward other sports is too big in England. Why on earth would you want to make chump change getting beat in the face? You have access to THE best Football and Tennis camps in the world. You also have Golf and Cricket. All of which have more (or as much) potential for money. Most of which you do not need a part-time job on the side if you're in the top 10% in the world. All of which involve much less brain damage and pain/suffering.

I mean, hell, in League 2 in England (that's not even A-Ball equivalent for us Yanks), you make an average of $1,500 per WEEK. Imagine!

You may doddle around $50k a year to be not anywhere close to the top flight. All that without getting punched in the face or your shoulder ripped out of its socket. Why on EARTH would you want to fight if you're athletically skilled and in the UK?

The pull toward other sports is too big in England. Why on earth would you want to make chump change getting beat in the face? You have access to THE best Football and Tennis camps in the world. You also have Golf and Cricket. All of which have more (or as much) potential for money. Most of which you do not need a part-time job on the side if you're in the top 10% in the world. All of which involve much less brain damage and pain/suffering.

I mean, hell, in League 2 in England (that's not even A-Ball equivalent for us Yanks), you make an average of $1,500 per WEEK. Imagine!

You may doddle around $50k a year to be not anywhere close to the top flight. All that without getting punched in the face or your shoulder ripped out of its socket. Why on EARTH would you want to fight if you're athletically skilled and in the UK?

Exactly. Some people here think 70k a fight is way too much. Guess what. A-level athletes will choose another sport.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Username Required LMAO
Back