Luke Barnatt got robbed

Barnatt wasn't able to hit Strickland and Strickland was able to hit Barnatt. Barnatt couldn't find his range and was frustrated. Just because he was whining a lot doesn't mean he was right. His gameplan didn't work and he was unable to adjust. That is how one incurs a boring decision loss.

Felt Barnatt lost the fight but only just.

V close fight. Strickland just fought of the counter.
Just because Barnatt can eat loads of shots doesnt mean he didnt get hit?

Felt Barnatt lost the fight but only just.

V close fight. Strickland just fought of the counter.
Just because Barnatt can eat loads of shots doesnt mean he didnt get hit?

Exactly. If Barnatt had a well rounded game or gameplan he could have tried to engage him somewhere other than on the feet where he was getting countered. It was a dull, close fight that I think he lost fair and square.

It was a close fight, could have went either way and definitely not a robbery.

Neither guy was very aggressive. Although Barnatt was moving forward most of the fight, he ended up eating tons of jabs in the process. Luke seemed genuinely upset that his opponent refused to stand in front of him with his hands downs.

He never mixed up his game plan and never tried to cut off angles so its a bit hard to feel too sorry for him.

Strickland was parrying some of those strikes, but many got through nonetheless and his offense in return was, like, one strike a minute. He didn't fight much, defended and got the nod for very little. Too little. Strickland is obviously a grappler, I was surprised he didn't use it more.

Strickland was parrying some of those strikes, but many got through nonetheless and his offense in return was, like, one strike a minute. He didn't fight much, defended and got the nod for very little. Too little. Strickland is obviously a grappler, I was surprised he didn't use it more.

He tried to take him down a few times but failed, Strickland broke his hand apparently in the fight too.

He tried to take him down a few times but failed, Strickland broke his hand apparently in the fight too.

he did get that takedown right when the pace picked up in the 2nd round. would've thought he'd go for more, he doesn't really know how to strike. if his hand was broken, that explains the passivity.

Barnatt wasn't able to hit Strickland and Strickland was able to hit Barnatt. Barnatt couldn't find his range and was frustrated. Just because he was whining a lot doesn't mean he was right. His gameplan didn't work and he was unable to adjust. That is how one incurs a boring decision loss.

I thought to opposite was happening. It looked like nearly all of Strickland's punches were falling well short.

Love it. Ain't Karma a bitch Big Slow?

fight got scored like a boxing match i guess is the best way i can put it, he stayed on the outside, parrying shots and hitting jabs and won

If a fight is really close, as I believe that one was, you should not be rewarded for RUNNING for 15 minutes. He had a massive advantage on the ground, but was unable to keep him there. Luke has more active on the ground then him. I think people call it a robbery because of the 1 judge doing it 30-27. If it had been 29-28, I don't think the fuss would have been as bad.

I think it's bad to reward any fighter that runs away. There is nothing wrong with running away from an opponent, but you better finish them. Otherwise, you should be penalized for not engaging. As far as his hand, I believe that was in the 3rd round.

Luke should have thrown right leg kicks to prevent the circling. It was not a pleasing fight, but luke should have won for attempting to engage.

The fight sucked, but did anyone here actually watch it?

Strickland easily won the first two rounds by parrying and countering, I mean it wasn't even close the disparity between the two. Luke was comboing at air for majority of both rounds. For the third round I dipped out because I was disappointed in Luke's performance. He couldn't seem to hit the guy simply because Strickland wasn't coming forward.

I'm seriously wondering why everyone has a different opinion, seems like most of you aren't educated in counter striking

The people who call Strickland's tactic "running away" need to realize that you're making an absurd over-reaction. Think about what running entails. Backpedaling is not equivalent to running, ever.

Much like a striker getting wrestled and LnP'd, a striker needs to understand how and adjust to cut off the cage from a fighter who is good at circling and back pedaling. I mean if Strickland was running then Muhammid Ali was running his entire career, see what I'm saying?

You guys need a more concrete understanding in the ways of fighting before you decide to pass judgements. That's imo.

Didn't watch it, happy he lost. He used to love saying on his twitter that he's undefeated while I always remember him being knocked out silly on TUF. Yeah nothing changed, dude is still claiming he's undefeated right now.

Back