Luis Ramos at Battle in the Ballroom

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by CLos34, Apr 22, 2008.

1. CLos34

CLos34 Green Belt

Lightweight prospect Luis Ramos, a six-time amateur national champion, and two other undefeated prospects will be featured in the Battle in the Ballroom on Thursday night at the Irvine Marriott. Also, David Gaspar, who made the quarterfinals of the U.S. Olympic Team Trials, makes his pro debut. Pretty good stuff for a small club show.

http://punch.freedomblogging.com/20...prospects-at-battle-in-the-ballroom/#more-835

2. CLos34

CLos34 Green Belt

Ramos is managed by Frank Espinoza, who manages WBC super-bantamweight champion Israel Vazquez. Espinoza has high hopes for Ramos.

3. Mr.pain

Mr.pain Brown Belt

Any word on what the gate for Hopkins vs Calzaghe was Carlos?

I been checking out your blog good stuff.

4. 5acrossYOeye

5acrossYOeye Silver Belt

good to have you around these parts

5. mschatz

mschatz Hamma: I has it

My buddy works at that Irvine Marriott hotel. Wish I still lived down, I would go check it out...

6. CLos34

CLos34 Green Belt

They said it was one of the biggest gates other than the De La Hoya fights. With a crowd of 14,213, I would guess it was probably a $3 million gate. Planet Hollywood paid an $8 million site fee. Hopkins and Calzaghe each received $3.5 million guaranteed, but I hear they will each earn close to $10 million after the European money comes in. You can tell they got all the money because the undercard was absolutely horrible.

7. CLos34

CLos34 Green Belt

Usually, they put on good solid club fights, but this card has some real prospects. Espinoza told me this is Ramos' last fight at the Marriott. They are going to put him on some major cards in the near future. Frank knows how to get his guys exposure.