Luis Palomino to the UFC

5starthai

Far and away, across to the narrow sea to Braavos
@Green
Reaction score
With alot of guys moving to the UFC from strikforce and other orgs, CFA has sent a good amount of guys to the UFC as of late, but their current LW champ is still there. I believe his contract is up after tomorows fight against Luiz Buscape, but if he wins he will be on a 5 fight win streak with his last lost coming from Pat Curran (a FW), He does have a respectable 20-7 record with notable wins such as Gesias Cavalante, Daron Cruickshank, and Masvidal, so my question is, with a win tomorow is he UFC bound, plus hes pretty exciting

I wouldn't be surprise since they cleared up some of the roster recently. Those are some good wins too with a respectable loss to Curran.

I would love to see the Baboon in the octagon but the UFC is so stacked right now with all the SF guys comming over, especially in the LW division, that it doesnt seem likely. Maybe he can come in as an injury replacement?

Palomino is on a solid run and I would like to see him get a shot in the UFC. The problem is the UFC just brought over a bunch of Strikeforce guys. I am guessing Palomino will only get signed as an injury replacement.

83 fighters currently listed in the UFC's lightweight division...damn!

This thread should probably be moved to "Worldwide MMA." The thread title is a bit misleading as if Palomino had signed w/UFC.

I've actually rolled with baboon plenty of times back in 2010, he seemed really undersized for a 155er. Escudero trained with him too, and he was way bigger. Maybe more chance if he cuts to 145?

I've actually rolled with baboon plenty of times back in 2010, he seemed really undersized for a 155er. Escudero trained with him too, and he was way bigger. Maybe more chance if he cuts to 145?

I agree Palomino is undersized, but he's been much more successful at 155 for some reason.

I just think it was super ironic that he was submitted with a peruvian necktie by Pat Curran lol

Back