Sept.4th FOX PPV Luis Ortiz vs Andy Ruiz PBC

Who wins?

• Total voters
This is pretty silly considering all of boxings history.
It is crazy. I don't favor either particularly as a boxer, but if you dropped Wilder and/or Fury into the HW division in 1910, 1920 or 1930, I'd like to have seen them in with Johnson, Dempsey or Louis. Just for shits and giggles.

Could be really entertaining... Don't see it going to a decision. Will Rocky regain the eye of the tiger...

Looks like Ruiz is in proper training right now lots of fitness and speed work.....just like he was pre the first AJ fight. IF he can keep that going for a whole camp he could retire Ortiz.

It is crazy. I don't favor either particularly as a boxer, but if you dropped Wilder and/or Fury into the HW division in 1910, 1920 or 1930, I'd like to have seen them in with Johnson, Dempsey or Louis. Just for shits and giggles.

Johnson and Dempsey are somewhat of a mystery. Maybe I'd favor Fury over Dempsey and Wilder over Johnson. But then again, if it's a 45 rounds fight with Johnson and if Dempsey manages to hurt Fury at one point anything can happen.

I think Louis smashes them. Fury could box and move for some rounds but he'll eventually get caught. Wilder might score an early knockdown but he would be helpless as soon as Louis finds his timing his ferocious pace and tremendous combinations.

I dont think eddie is the right trainer for andy... whatever andy was doing before the aj rematch was a better style for him.

“The fight was good, it was really interesting,” said Luis Ortiz to Fighthype about the Ruiz vs. Arreola match last Saturday. “He [Andy Ruiz] now has the opportunity.

“I’ll wait for his decision and Kong is right here. I came to watch him [Ruiz], wished him good luck in the fight. He knows I want to fight.

boxing-Ruiz-vs-Arreola-Fight-Night46.jpg

“Yes, it did a lot,” said King Kong Ortiz when asked if Chris Arreola’s performance surprise him.

“The [Ruiz vs. Arreola] fight was really close. I’m here waiting for [Ruiz] Junior. I‘ll wait, and I’ll be ready for whatever may come. I’m ready for this,” said Ortiz.

Ortiz would take it
solid match up

belongs on HBO

I have a hard time picking boxers over 40, you never know when they will get old "overnight"

I like Ortiz, Was giving Wilder a clinic before he got caught. (Then again it doesn’t take that much to give wilder a boxing lesson before getting killed by the laser right) but I still give it to Andy, he looked bad against Chris but those shots he was throwing in the last round meant business, they looked fast and powerful. I think he can knock Ortiz out. No one really KO’s Arreola, dude is a tank. We know Ortiz can be KO’d

I’d love to see this fight.

I like Ortiz, Was giving Wilder a clinic before he got caught. (Then again it doesn’t take that much to give wilder a boxing lesson before getting killed by the laser right) but I still give it to Andy, he looked bad against Chris but those shots he was throwing in the last round meant business, they looked fast and powerful. I think he can knock Ortiz out. No one really KO’s Arreola, dude is a tank. We know Ortiz can be KO’d

I’d love to see this fight.
The bigger concern is that Arreola was knocking the shit out of Ruiz. If that were Ortiz in there Ruiz would have been finished.

Good fight. I’ll go with Ruiz; he’s more proven and is definitely under 50

The bigger concern is that Arreola was knocking the shit out of Ruiz. If that were Ortiz in there Ruiz would have been finished.

certainly a possibility. I would really like to watch this fight.

Back