Ludwig believes TJ beats Faber should they ever end up fighting in the octagon

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by markg171, Jun 1, 2014.

1. markg171

markg171 Silver Belt

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/6/1/5755460/ludwig-talks-storybook-ending-of-his-run-with-team-alpha-male-and

2. ajmonsta

ajmonsta Banned Banned

I think he does too. He's a younger, faster, better striker then faber with equal wrestling. If its a title fight, definitely TJ. Non title fight is 60-40 TJ.

3. Frank Edgar

Frank Edgar Purple Belt

4. markg171

markg171 Silver Belt

The guy realistically could be top 10 across 3 weight classes which would be the definition of P4P. If you're going to put someone on the list who isn't a champion, Faber's a solid pick.

5. MyFist

MyFist Blue Belt

I would pick TJ over Faber.
    TJ is younger and way faster and just grow stronger.
    Faber is out of his prime, mre like BJ Penn, unmoviated.

6. MyFist

MyFist Blue Belt

I would pick TJ over Faber.
    TJ is younger and way faster and just grow stronger.
    Faber is out of his prime, mre like BJ Penn, unmoviated.

7. Le Fisticuffs

Le Fisticuffs Green Belt

And you would have never said this if someone asked you the same question a week ago.

Not saying he isn't very good, but it's funny how TJ became a superhero after beating Barao.

8. KillingJoke

KillingJoke Red Belt

Well that's why you update your thoughts on a fighter when he goes out there and show his elite skill level by dominating one of the sport's best. How else would anyone know how good Dillashaw is , if he never went out there and proved it.

9. flanellograf

flanellograf Silver Belt

What's funny about it? That's mma for you, and part of why it's so much fun to watch. I saw a poll where the majority of people said Shogun would win against Jones.
    Some fighters develop a lot between fights, and TJ:s rapid development was already evident before the fight imo.

10. ironfist05

ironfist05 Silver Belt

yes, because had you asked that person a week ago, they would have not been aware of the eye-opening beating TJ put on a guy at Barao's level

this isn't a "flavor of the month" thing, this is people finally seeing what TJ is capable of. It's not changing sides, it's absorbing new information and adapting to it

11. WilfordBrimley

WilfordBrimley Purple Belt

Renan Barao was getting that superhero and goat status and then TJ ran through him like a man possessed. So why is it unusual for someone to be perceived that way after laying on a superhero beating?

12. Zeta Reticuli

Zeta Reticuli Aluminati Belt

but Faber was born in Isla Vista so he has already won

13. Kafir-kun

Kafir-kun not-so-grand mufti of Sherdog

Democratic People's Islamic Republic of Kekistan
    Styles make fights and I think Faber can give TJ a pretty good one. He's nasty on the mat and if he can get it there I think he can stop most people at BW and FW.

14. Formwork

Formwork Blue Belt

Faber doesn't DESERVE SHIT, he needs to beat Barao before he ever steps in vs Dillishaw before Barao gets another crack.

15. omawho402

omawho402 Brown Belt

Dillashaw is outstanding, but for some reason I find it easy to always root against him. I feel like everybody is hyping him up to be unbeatable now. Like they are giving him this Chris Weidman type feel. But remember, TJ got knocked out by Dodson. He can be beat and has flaws like everybody else in the UFC. With that said, I'm excited to see who can take the belt from him. I feel like TJ is more of an athlete than fighter. He's good, but idk.

16. jx820

jx820 Black Belt

Barao just took the beating of a lifetime, a sustained 5 round trouncing that ended in a stoppage, why on earth would he be near a crack at the title any time soon with TJ holding it?

Barao is at least 2 wins away from another crack at TJ. Also Faber is 0-2 against Barao, why would you make that fight again?

Since both guys are coming off losses TJ should probably be fighting literally almost anyone else. Raphael Assuncao is the fight everyone should be talking about.

17. s karlyle

s karlyle الجسر

Well tj basically adopted cruzes style and cruze beat Faber up pretty good the last time they fought so at this point I would have to go with tj

18. willynyy

willynyy Blue Belt

Double post

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  19. willynyy

willynyy Blue Belt

Faber is 10 times better than he ever was plus if it wasn't for faber giving him the opportunity to coach TAM he might it been working on KFC or something in colorado. I can't stand ludwig at all he's so freaking annoying jeez have some loyalty and respect

20. spooNN

spooNN Black Belt

I think I might be one of the few who thinks that at this point Faber still beats him. Faber has improved also and looked pretty good in his streak before losing to Barao the second time. The second Barao fight ended quickly and controversially so it sucks that we were not able to see how it would play out. T.J. has looked good like a contender, lost to Assunscao then looked great against Barao and now he's the best at his weight class to many. T.J. did hurt Barao badly early and who knows maybe he has Barao's number. Faber on the other hand seems to handle everybody who is not Barao, Aldo, and Cruz pretty easily. I just think we need to see T.J. in a couple more fights to really see if he's the real deal. He might just have had a great day where everything went his way.