Luckily Erick Silva is young and has all the time in the world to become a top fighte

You're right! 31 is very young.
Almost a teenager!

He is like 31. I would not call him a young stud.
But thats me

He is 31 isn't he? Not that young

I-SEE-WHAT-YOU-DID-THERE.jpg

Not sure if sarcastic, but even though Erick is relatively young he has fought for 10 years. Fighters usually start to decline at that point if they haven't already so I think Silva has reached his ceiling.
He could become a gatekeeper, but that's about it.

The kid has potential. A little more experience and he'll be fighting for a title

He is not young, he looks young. i don't like him becausei was promised so many nice fights and he turned out to be very irregular.

Silva looked sloppy and out of shape. I always was against the Silva hype train, but he is good.

If Silva wants to ever fight for a title, he needs to be spoon fed cans for a little bit, then needs to make his rise to the top gradually (probably starts against a guy like Akhmedov or Covington) then after a few fights against 25-15 ranked guys, maybe a top 10 or top 5

A few years ago he had so much hype after Anderson said he was the next big thing. Many said he would run through GSP at the time.

And he did look really good despite not living up to that stupid hype imo. He is a classic example of a talented and gifted fighter that is just not able to put it together.

Imagine Rory with his physical ability and power. He would run through everyone at WW imo with good chances at MW as well. But Rory is a guy with less physical gifts (despite durability) who is excellent at using what he has.

Are har har har This thread is a happy place.

Back