Lucian Bute vs Jesse Brinkley is on Tonight

McMurder

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Just thought I would throw a little reminder out for you guys, I completely forgot about this fight until today.

9pm EST.

EDIT: Also Tarver vs Aguilera

yeah.. Tarver looks like he's wearing a plastic fat suit in his pictures.. just doesn't look right at all..

War Bute!

Bute fight not televised? Lame.

Showtime should air that fight instead of the Porter fight.

ESPN 3 says the card is at 10:15 PM...? Also, anyone willing to do PBP (as Time Warner Cable are a bunch of liars who claimed they signed a deal for ESPN 3 but ended up not getting it for us)?

The fight might be on espndeportes live.

ESPN 3 says the card is at 10:15 PM...? Also, anyone willing to do PBP (as Time Warner Cable are a bunch of liars who claimed they signed a deal for ESPN 3 but ended up not getting it for us)?

this is the truth. screw time warner. im staying at work till 11 now so I can get espn3 haha.

Gaudet just murdered Labarda with a brutal left hook.

Diaconu vs Sheika, pretty good fight.

Might be getting my rounds wrong, but Bute dropped Brinkley with a MASSIVE body shot at the end of the 5th, Brinkley got up to barely beat the count, then Bute dropped him with a huge uppercut at the end of the 8th, got up again at the last second and got saved by the bell, until Bute KO'd him with another brutal uppercut in the 9th round and that was it. The fight wasn't very competitive but Bute seemed to have several lulls - but the body shot and two uppercuts were HL real stuff. They mentioned several times that they are trying to get a fight with Kelly Pavlik next.

First time I saw Bute, he was a lot bigger than Brinkley. I'd have to see more Bute. I heard they might set him up with Pavlik, that would be interesting.

Might be getting my rounds wrong, but Bute dropped Brinkley with a MASSIVE body shot at the end of the 5th, Brinkley got up to barely beat the count, then Bute dropped him with a huge uppercut at the end of the 8th, got up again at the last second and got saved by the bell, until Bute KO'd him with another brutal uppercut in the 9th round and that was it. The fight wasn't very competitive but Bute seemed to have several lulls - but the body shot and two uppercuts were HL real stuff. They mentioned several times that they are trying to get a fight with Kelly Pavlik next.

I thought it was game over with that first uppercut to the body, but the ref had a slow count. Not that Bute could ever complain about that lol. The last 2 knockdowns were good as well.

Back